Jabril Cox | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jabril Cox

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Love this guy. Best cover linebacker in the draft with nine career interceptions.

With New England attempting to duplicate its success with Gronk and Hernandez, Miami could use someone besides Rowe to match-up with tight ends.

My question is how would you fit Cox in? In other words, does he take playing time away from Baker? Do you use more three linebacker sets?

Is the team better off matching up with a safety?

I fully expect the Fins to add a LB in the Draft with Zaven Collins being my favorite other than Parsons.

Cox is an excellent cover LB but I would put Owusu-Koramoah ahead of him, unless he ends up being a SS.

The advantage Cox has over those three is that he likely will be available in R 2 while they will all be gone by #36 with the possible exception of Collins.

As for matching up with the Patriots, while both Henry and Smith are good TE's neither are the kind of match up nightmares you should draft in response to.

I fully expect the Fins to add a LB in the Draft with Zaven Collins being my favorite other than Parsons.

Cox is an excellent cover LB but I would put Owusu-Koramoah ahead of him, unless he ends up being a SS.

The advantage Cox has over those three is that he likely will be available in R 2 while they will all be gone by #36 with the possible exception of Collins.

As for matching up with the Patriots, while both Henry and Smith are good TE's neither are the kind of match up nightmares you should draft in response to.
I think Parsons and Collins are perfect fits. I question Cox in terms of fit, only because McKinney and Baker are three down players.

Miami did use 3-3-5 alignments, but you probably want Van Ginkel as a pass rusher. I don't know how often the Dolphins used four linebackers.

While I agree with you on NE's added tight ends, defending the Kelce and Waller's of the world is a difficult task.

Anyway, I do like Cox.

I have Owusu-Koramoah ahead of him as well. I think we'd use him as a bigger and better Minkah Fitzpatrick. We often like to use 3 safeties. I could see him being both our coverage LB and an in the box safety (the part of his role Minkah complained about doing). I think he'd be the perfect counter to NE's two TE sets and a more effective tool against Josh Allen's running when we go to dime.

I have Owusu-Koramoah ahead of him as well. I think we'd use him as a bigger and better Minkah Fitzpatrick. We often like to use 3 safeties. I could see him being both our coverage LB and an in the box safety (the part of his role Minkah complained about doing). I think he'd be the perfect counter to NE's two TE sets and a more effective tool against Josh Allen's running when we go to dime.
I like the player, but am not sure he fits the size profile of Miami's F/O?

It should be interesting to see which way the Fins go at #18.

It is possible all the LB's(except Parsons)will be on the board plus Ojulari.

And I have to assume OL is back in play with the Wilson debacle ending so swiftly. Darrisaw would be hard for me to pass up at #18 but a quality interior guy like Vera Tucker or Davis could be had at #18 or #36.

I would like to see a quality LB or edge guy added as well as an OT or a OG lf they are happy with Hunt at RT.

Then a RB at #50 maybe.

I like the player... but again, this comes down to what we do with Baker.

If we are planning on keeping him, then spending a second round pick on a player who won't start is problematic. Just like with all the folks who are upset about Iggy.

Now, if we are planning on letting Baker walk after this year... then yes. By all means, take him.

It should be interesting to see which way the Fins go at #18.

It is possible all the LB's(except Parsons)will be on the board plus Ojulari.

And I have to assume OL is back in play with the Wilson debacle ending so swiftly. Darrisaw would be hard for me to pass up at #18 but a quality interior guy like Vera Tucker or Davis could be had at #18 or #36.

I would like to see a quality LB or edge guy added as well as an OT or a OG lf they are happy with Hunt at RT.

Then a RB at #50 maybe.
I'm glad Miami found out quickly with Wilson, as this is a strong class of tackles. Even in round two, someone like Eichenberg might be available.

As to Cox, part of the appeal is he's a top 50 player and not a top 20. What I mean by that is Miami could get him in the second round.

I don't know if Cox gives you pass rush. That's where I really like Koramoah and Parsons.

I like the player... but again, this comes down to what we do with Baker.

If we are planning on keeping him, then spending a second round pick on a player who won't start is problematic. Just like with all the folks who are upset about Iggy.

Now, if we are planning on letting Baker walk after this year... then yes. By all means, take him.
I think that is the bottom line. Baker has played really well in Flores system. Van Ginkel is another player on the rise, and McKinney figures as a three down player.

That edge/linebacker role is really what the team needs. Parsons, Collins, Ossai, the kid from Georgia would all appear to be great fits.

I think that is the bottom line. Baker has played really well in Flores system. Van Ginkel is another player on the rise, and McKinney figures as a three down player.

That edge/linebacker role is really what the team needs. Parsons, Collins, Ossai, the kid from Georgia would all appear to be great fits.
Backups are important too. Depth always matters. Collins is the most versatile. I can see him playing different LB positions.

I like the player, but am not sure he fits the size profile of Miami's F/O?
As I said above, we'd use him as a both a coverage LB and as a S. He certainly does fit the size profile as a safety and we know Flores likes to use three safeties often. And he'd be ideal against 2-TE sets paired with Rowe.

As I said above, we'd use him as a both a coverage LB and as a S. He certainly does fit the size profile as a safety and we know Flores likes to use three safeties often. And he'd be ideal against 2-TE sets paired with Rowe.
At 6-3, he could potentially match-up better against tight ends than Rowe. He's definitely a very interesting player.

I was super impressed with him when I watched LSU games live last season, glad he seems to be getting the love he deserves now. Would be a great pick up in the 2nd round, if we have addressed our more pressing needs first.

I was super impressed with him when I watched LSU games live last season, glad he seems to be getting the love he deserves now. Would be a great pick up in the 2nd round, if we have addressed our more pressing needs first.
I saw a 2022 mock listing Ventrell Miller as a possible first round pick..hard to buy that, agreed?!

Back
Top Bottom