Jack Del Rio's show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jack Del Rio's show

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I watched theJack Del Rio show last night on the Sunshine
network. Just to see what their spin on the game was.

He never ran Miami down. He said they played well enough
to win, except for the turnovers. I have to admit them did
good.

What I did find intresting was some of the Highlights they
showed from the game.

Their two DT keep blowing up the Center (Tim Ruddy) and
Miami's two guards. Most noticale was Ruddy. number 98
consistantly man handled him. Perhaps Ruddy was rushed
back tfrom surgery to soon. (8 threw Ruddy to the ground
and was consistantly hitting Ricky in the backfield.

Well that's what I saw anyway.

I wonder why didn't they use Mckinney?

I also see that Ruddy was called twice for holding last week as well.

When their holding it's usually because their getting beat.

It's true. Ruddy was getting manhandled by John Henderson and Marcus Stroud. Ruddy isn't the strongest man in the NFL, and that DT tandem they have is awesome. Henderson and Stroud are both young but will be one of the best tandems in NFL for years to come.

One thing for sure, New England doesn't have anyone on the D-line as powerful as those guys, so we shouldn't have to worry about that kind of surge coming up the middle.

Maybe we don't have to worry about the pass rush coming up the middle as much against the Pats, but if we can't open holes for Ricky we're in troubles.

Originally posted by CpuFan
I also see that Ruddy was called twice for holding last week as well.

When their holding it's usually because their getting beat.

One of those holding penalties was totally bogus. Ruddy actually had the guy whooped (gasp) and the DT actually pulled Ruddy down and Ruddy flipped, rolled. But yes, those DTs are very good and we had trouble with them all day. :(

I know one call Ruddy blocked a guy, he fell, and it was called as holding.

"Ruddy isn't the strongest man in the NFL, "

no, but he is one of the strongest on the team. i wonder if he still needs some time to get his playing legs again. i know he is in because of the line calls. mckinney is good but hasn't learned the subtleties of the position on the NFL level yet.

Ruddy is weight room strong, but he has never been strong on the field. He has always been susceptible to bull rushers.

Didn't he hold the team record for most bench press reps or something before Chester came around? His upper body is strong.

Back
Top Bottom