Jackson and Iggy's 5th year options not getting picked up | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson and Iggy's 5th year options not getting picked up

I think that should be the stance anyways. One year post Flores, it's still coming to light how little attention was paid to the offense. The fact that during his tenure we got Tua and Waddle is very surprising. Aside from those selections though, the offense could have not been less of a priority and that includes player development. Now McD's guys are having to ramp up accountability and still try to develop players like Ajax and Eich to fill holes.
We got a good long snapper in the draft under Flores. That’s technically offense 😂

Xavien Howard
Jalen Ramsey
Kader Kohou
Cam Smith
Nik Needham
Keion Crossen
Justin Bethel
Trill Williams

How many corners are we keeping and does Igbinoghene even have a path to making this roster aside from injuries? Even if Needham isn’t back to full strength it still looks like a huge uphill battle. He’s gotta have some trade value for a day 3 pick as a recent FRP who is still only 23 years old. Perhaps they wanna see what, if anything, Vic can get out of him in camp.
Needham has zero trade value imo. He’s 27, not 23. If he’s not good enough to make the Fins roster coming off a blown achilles, I don’t think anyone is giving up a day 3 draft asset.

Fins signed Needham to a modest 3 year deal this past off season cause they screwed him on a payday last season. They didn’t have to but that’s the type of thing that builds loyalty in the locker room. If he’s not right in camp, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fins IR’d him and give 1 more year to recover.

If by long shot chance AJ absolutely crushes RT role this upcoming season, Miami could still place the ‘24 OT franchise tag ($18.2MM) on him to keep him under contract for at least one more year.

Expensive and risky, yes, but would buy time to see if ‘23 success was sustainable and whether to extend.

Short of outright release, another option is to sign and trade him (new team pushing for extension) and Miami defaults to new RT in R1.24.

Last edited:
I may be an outlier but I’m not concerned with the oline at all. When Tua was healthy he was the least sacked QB in the NFL with the same oline. If he gets rid of the ball instead of holding onto it too long we’ll be fine. Also I think we will see a much bigger commitment to the running game which will also help Tua. A little concerned about Jax but not enough to lose sleep over. There will be comp at RT and that was made clear when we didn’t take his 5th yr option. Trying to be as unbiased as I possibly can, I really don’t see how team can defend the amount of playmakers we have on O. If VF gets a 10-15% improvement on his side of the ball we will be a complete football team. It’s been a very long time since that’s happened—probably the 70’s.
I'm hoping we sign Fleming b/c of his ability to play either T, but beyond that I am not nearly as worried as many here.

Back
Top Bottom