Jackson had “reconstructive surgery” on ankle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson had “reconstructive surgery” on ankle

As for Jackson's ankle, him missing virtually the entire year says it was a pretty serious injury, not just a "sprain".

They tried to avoid surgery early hoping to get him back but in retrospect he would have been better off having in fixed back in September.

Jacksons issues are above the neck, dont get me wrong im excited he's physically fit and strong..but instincts and quick thinking isnt body related.

I thought he would be much better than he has, didnt see these issues in college.

I’m not sure this is accurate.
its the mistakes I see.

lack of technique is also not a physical component of the game.

He struggles mightily against inside counter moves, he simply is overstating his kickslide to the point where he cant redirect in time, and it keeps happening. Thats not a physical component.

the ability to pick up varied blitzes, to show the wherethall and spatial awareness to come off his initial block and help with a stunt defender or blitzer..That's Not Physical.

these are the three issues I see the most.

Sprained ankle? That's code for torn ligaments. They tried to rehab him anf get him back out there knowing he was probably done, hence "Reconstructive Surgery"

its the mistakes I see.

He struggles mightily against inside counter moves, he simply is overstating his kickslide to the point where he cant redirect in time, and it keeps happening. Thats not a physical component.

the ability to pick up varied blitzes, to show the wherethall and spatial awareness to come off his initial block and help with a stunt defender or blitzer..That's Not Physical.

He plays well until he gets dinged, then he reaches, can't move right, and gets beat like most injured tackles in the NFL. They always seem to play against the best athletes on the field, dare I say animals who belong in a cage... usually.

Jacksons issues are above the neck, dont get me wrong im excited he's physically fit and strong..but instincts and quick thinking isnt body related.

I thought he would be much better than he has, didnt see these issues in college.
The NFL game is faster and stronger. Sometimes it takes time to adjust, especially with all of the coaching, position and scheme changes.

this is very bad news for him. as someone else mentioned we got wynn so i'm not so worried but this is AJ's 4th year and he had his 5th year option turned down. if he fails to change the narrative on him this year he's not sniffing a starting job any time soon. maybe in a rebuilding team he might.

I wish they could reconstruct his ability to play tackle. But then again, that would indicate he had this ability in the first place.

The NFL game is faster and stronger. Sometimes it takes time to adjust, especially with all of the coaching, position and scheme changes.
Absolutely, I still have faith, I saw a good player in college with hi level talent

If I had to bet I would say he gets it done this year

There is no player I am rooting for more this year. AJAX looked good at the beginning of last year. He also looked huge and strong and now is even stronger, having also grown more into that man body with older man strength. I say this because he was weak, but he was 20 and 21..... I hope he anchors the right side for years to come and earns a contract this season!

Tua is already a star! For those that may say I should root for him the most.

its the mistakes I see.

I agree with the majority of this. I believe the issue has been coaching. If you watch line play as much as you seem to have, I have no doubt you’ll see very simple concepts being missed continually in Miami.

I nearly cheered the first time I saw someone pick up a stunt last year.

I agree with the majority of this. I believe the issue has been coaching. If you watch line play as much as you seem to have, I have no doubt you’ll see very simple concepts being missed continually in Miami.

I nearly cheered the first time I saw someone pick up a stunt last year.
Perhaps that’s why I didn’t see the issues in college

Back
Top Bottom