Jackson notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson notes

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am only going to highlight a few here-more at the link

-• Damien Williams, who will be an unrestricted free agent after the season, told two reporters (including me) that he very much wants to return to Miami and the Dolphins know that. The Dolphins want him back at the right price. Williams had 202 combined yards in three games starting after the Jay Ajayi trade before a shoulder injury that sidelined him the remainder of the season. 

-Gase said this week he plans to evaluate himself as a coach.

“That’s going to be something that’s going to be probably on the front burner for me,” he said. “I’m going to want to do that. I know I spend a lot of time with these two guys [Grier and Mike Tannenbaum] and they’re not shy about telling me when I screw up. I’m sure I don’t handle it well at first, but I usually come around.”

• The Dolphins are very pleased with Ndamukong Suh, who is in line for a contract restructure to create more cap space.

-Mike Pouncey 28th of 36 centers

-One other quick item: Miami signed speedy receiver Francis Owusu to a futures contract. Undrafted out of Stanford last year, Owusu spent the offseason and training camp with Miami before being waived with an injury settlement on Aug. 18. He averaged 14.2 yards on 34 college receptions. He joins UM’s Malcolm Lewis and Arkansas’ Drew Morgan as developmental receivers signed to futures contracts by the Dolphins.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle193017204.html?__twitter_impression=true

PFF’s final rankings for Dolphins offensive linemen:

Mike Pouncey 28th of 36 centers

Jermon Bushrod 65th, Jesse Davis 66th, Anthony Steen 68th and Ted Larsen 70th of 82 guards

Ja’Wuan James 17th, Laremy Tunsil 48th, Sam Young 49th of 87 tackles....

Wow

I like signing Owusu and Morgan to the ps

Lol. It's a pay me now pay me later thing with Suh. They've already pushed off his contact once with a restructure by averaging one year over the life of the contract. There isn't much more they can do .

Not a D Williams fan at all. We need a bruising short yardage back to compliment Drake. A guy like L Blount would be fine with me. Also think we will draft a RB. I love Chubb.

Not a D Williams fan at all. We need a bruising short yardage back to compliment Drake. A guy like L Blount would be fine with me. Also think we will draft a RB. I love Chubb.

Unless the team is willing use a 1st or 2nd on a running back, I could live with signing Carlos Hyde to a reasonable deal and drafting Mark Walton from Miami and Josh Adams of Notre Dame on day 3. Put a couple guards in front of those backs and Tannehill will see a lot of 8 in the box looks. If you don't want to spend two of your three picks in the 3rd or 4th round range on running backs than you could just draft Walton and then spend a late pick on Jordan Chunn from Troy as between the tackles backup to Hyde.

Also if Landry does leave I would be fine with signing Tevon Austin to play the slot and Paul Richardson outside if the price right on the two. Could you imagine those backs with RIchardson, Parker Stills, Austin, Grant and either Isiah Ford, Leonte Caroo or some other cheap developmental receiver.

Williams is ok as a #3 but I would look to upgrade if were the #2 which he is right now. I hope the FO doesn't make a desperate move at WR if we lose Landry but I can't imagine us losing Jarvis and going into the season with stills, DVP, and Caroo.

That column is 60% about quarterbacks...but no mention of quarterbacks in the thread.

yeah no one mentioned that Grier says every position is open vs Gase saying RT is the starter. It's this dichotomy that has broken this team the past year. But bc Gase said it, the RT backers finally had something to hang their hats on. Look, Miami (the front office) knows this could be a last year. However, if they can develop a qb this year (in a bad year) and have him ready for year 2, like Goff and Wentz, they could keep their job. Having a young QB ready to step up in year two would be attractive for a new head coach

Williams is a nice compliment to a back like Ajayi, but he doesn't bring anything to the table that you're missing from Drake. We need to draft a big physical back to go along with Drake.

I'd take him as a #3 RB but he won't accept that pay scale.

He might have to, is there a team willing to pay him a number two back? If it's not as a number 3/ third down back I don't think he'll be highly sought after. And if he did turn down a third back role I would lose much sleep over him leaving. Sign Carlos Hyde as your between the tackles runner to pair with Drake and draft someone like Mark Walton as the third down back.

He might have to, is there a team willing to pay him a number two back? If it's not as a number 3/ third down back I don't think he'll be highly sought after. And if he did turn down a third back role I would lose much sleep over him leaving. Sign Carlos Hyde as your between the tackles runner to pair with Drake and draft someone like Mark Walton as the third down back.
Hyde seems to be a good fit, but now with a franchise qb, Im sure SF wants to keep him

Back
Top Bottom