Jackson notes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Albert Romano, Jan 4, 2018.

1. hoops

hoops exited stage left Hammered

Austin is a gimmick wr that the rams would love to get out of that awful contract on.

Hang up the phone if they call with that garbage

I do like the Paul Richardson thing but he’s razor thin and up til this year murdered by injury. I’d only consider that if dvp was to exit. And I’m really not trying to trade dvp

2. GreenMts

GreenMts Seasoned Veteran

So Gase said that.... I give up. I don't like the guy. There I've said it. This is a meaningless and lazy statement. Makes me want to puke. Lost faith.

3. hoops

hoops exited stage left Hammered

Lost faith cause he gave one of those damned if you do damned if you don’t answers when the media asked about evaluating himself? There is no right answer there. But I will say this unlike dajesus that started some bs “reality” thread about what the real problems are id guarantee you that anyone with a real clue who watched the tape would identify like gase did the qb play as the primary reason you are 6 and 10 and watching the postseason. And gase correctly identified the fact Ryan Tannehill wasn’t there for why this season went up in smoke. Why? cause the damn tape says so. Even the analytics nerds at some point would put down the pocket protectors and understand that with an 80 qbr you are going nowhere

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  4. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

All depends on the usage. If a vast majority of those passes are short throwns that are basicly extensions of the running game 7 or 8 yards per shot isn't bad. You're going to complete most of those passes so if you're averaging 7 or 8 yards per attempt on them than that puts the offense in good position and draws coverages up so other players can work down the field provided you have a line that can protect and a qb that can throw.

5. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team Finheaven VIP

No one is talking about the biggest news in that notes article.

Gase is going to evaluate himself as a coach.

Damn straight better. Because he's got a crapload of growing up to do.

6. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Moderator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Good leaders learn from there mistakes as Bill Belichick did.

7. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

Ok so Austin last year average 8.8 yards per catch, I was going to use his numbers this year but he averaged 3.6 YARDS PER CATCH!! in 9 games started. So to at least make this somewhat comparable I'll use his last years #s.

Last year he averaged 8.8 so you say you will complete most of those passes right? When throwing to Austin QB's completed 54.7% of their passes.
    When throwing to Landry who averaged 8.8 this year QB's completed 69.1% of their passes

When throwing to Austin QB's passer rating was 57.5
    When throwing to Landry QB's passer rating was 93.3

When throwing to Austin he made a 1st down 23.6% of the time
    When throwing to Landry he made a 1st down 38.7% of the time.

Tavon Austin 4.3 speed had 6 catches for 20+ yards with a long of 43
    Jarvis Landry not 4.3 speed had 6 catches for 20+ yards with a long of 49.

There is no metric by which Tavon Austin is even in the same stratosphere as Jarvis Landry.

cullenbigcstill likes this.
  8. gregorygrant83

I never said he was. But I did say if used properly he could be a weapon and that he would be a much cheaper slot option if you didn't want to pay Landry elite level money.

As for Austin's prior stats, a still say part of that is due to how he's been used and the poor play of the Rams qbs prior to 2017. I'm not saying he would set the world on fire, but if you have other receiver weapons and defenses are forced to guard Austin one on one you should be able to move the ball.

9. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

So the fact that in 2017 the Rams best year of QB play since Marc Bulger he averaged 3.6 yards per catch in 9 games started doesn't at all make you think maybe this guy sucks? I can assure you defenses aren't FORCED to cover him one on one, they happily do it. But I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

10. gregorygrant83

True we just disagree. And for the record 9 of the 13 receptions Austin had were on passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage and a couple of the other 4 were on passes less than 5 yards down the field. Again I'm not saying he's better than Landry, just that I would consider him for a limited role in the slot if Landry leaves. He wouldn't my first choice in the draft or free agency, but someone I think I would look at as a cheap option. I'm sure he'll be on an NFL roster next season.

11. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

I concur re Ndamukong's contract. Restructuring is like purchasing a big item on credit. You can just pay smaller amounts but it ultimately has to be paid and it will be expensive. Tannenbaum got into trouble at the Jets by playing these sort of games. Baltimore and New Orleans also got into trouble and had to let good players go because they couldn't afford them after playing these games. Having said that you can bet that Tannenbaum is going to do it and Ndamukong Suh will smile all the way to the bank.

12. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

Long, Davis, Pouncey, Tannehill....all started in their rookie seasons. Depends on your definition of 'huge'.

13. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Personally, if we lose either DVP or Jackson, I have my eyes on Equanimeous St. Brown from Notre Dame. Kid is a strong route runner, is quick, and athletic, and may drop a bit due to down numbers this year because of crappy QB play at Notre Dame. If he is available in the late 2nd round, I would think long and hard about trading up to get him.

14. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Huge impact would be like making the pro bowl on their first year. Making other teams wish THEY had drafted the player instead of us. That's what huge impact is. A first round pick starting as a rookie on a bad team doesn't mean anything. We've had undrafted players starting too but did anyone made an impact
    Just like there is a difference between making a tackle and making a play. There's a difference between starting and making an impact

Ozzy rules!!

15. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

Making a Pro Bowl in their Rookie year? You do know thats 31 other teams that expect the same from their 1st Round pick them going by that bench mark? That's over half the Pro Bowl roster then filled by #1 Rookies. You are in dream world.

16. iwastherein1972

iwastherein1972 Well-Known Member

They had "hit" on kaep 3 or 4 years ago. What did that get them?

I am not so sure about the staying power of the 9ers going forward. I read Garoppalo as something of a one-hit wonder.