Jackson still gets the "sense" that Jarvis Landry's "most likely scenario" is leaving the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson still gets the "sense" that Jarvis Landry's "most likely scenario" is leaving the Dolphins

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson still gets the "sense" that Jarvis Landry's "most likely scenario" is leaving the Dolphins in free agency.

There has been positive rhetoric on Landry and the Dolphins' communication recently, but Jackson reports a "sizable gap" remains "between each side's financial vision" of Landry's value, and "the sides aren't close." The Dolphins made Landry a counter offer in mid-December, but no proposals have been exchanged since. Landry led the NFL in catches (112) in 2017. He turned 25 in November.

Source: Miami Herald
Jan 26 - 1:48 PM

I mean there is like a month and a half left . . . Deals get done all the time that aren't close this far out.

The Herald need to just take a vacation from this whole Landry contract issue. They must be getting some serious clicks any time they mention his name, because they can't stop.

My take is sometimes things shouldn't always be about money. There were times in my past job history that I had gone for jobs that paid me a lot more than my current one, however I only ended up being disappointed with my choice later. Today, I am just a pauper, yet I am at peace with my decision. It may be on a much smaller scale, but honestly I have everything that I need. Money isn't everything. If he really likes living in Miami and being a Dolphin his family could live very nicely on 10 million a year. However, if he would like a change of atmosphere and maybe play for a new coach, etc. then that is understandable, too. IMO, he just shouldn't make this about money. It's possible he will have regrets later.

My take is sometimes things shouldn't always be about money. There were times in my past job history that I had gone for jobs that paid me a lot more than my current one, however I only ended up being disappointed with my choice later. Today, I am just a pauper, yet I am at peace with my decision. It may be on a much smaller scale, but honestly I have everything that I need. Money isn't everything. If he really likes living in Miami and being a Dolphin his family could live very nicely on 10 million a year. However, if he would like a change of atmosphere and maybe play for a new coach, etc. then that is understandable, too. IMO, he just shouldn't make this about money. It's possible he will have regrets later.
Im just speculating here as I dont know him personally, but Landry is a very competitive person and Im sure he views dollar amount like a comparable, more than a number in his bank account...

He's getting tagged. I don't think there's much doubt of that. What happens after that, I don't know. I put about 60/40 on him being forced to play another year under the tag.

Something that you heard and maybe can't share, or just a lot of tea leaf reading?

If the latter, I'd be interested in your reasoning on that.

Too early to get worked up either way on this. They have lots of time to get the deal done and worst case, they tag him if they want to keep him for at least one more year. With the number of WR's that did so well this year coming from nowhere near the top of the draft, we should be careful how much of the cap we use on locking him up. Would like to get out of some of these cap nightmares we have and both draft and spend a little on quality players in other spots where we have huge glaring holes we keep patching with walking wounded or past-their prime players.

If he's tagged, I bet he's traded afterwards. Either way, I get the same feeling Barry J. does.

There's usually not much point in a tag-and-trade when you can get a compensatory pick by letting the player go. But then we like to go after high-priced long-in-the-tooth big-name vets, which would ruin that. Jimmy Graham anyone? Let's hope not.

He's getting tagged. I don't think there's much doubt of that. What happens after that, I don't know. I put about 60/40 on him being forced to play another year under the tag.

What would you do dude? Would you tag him, or can we get similar production for a whole lot less with someone else?

Love the dissertation and agree with you. But you give pro athletes way too much credit. Yes it's about the money. It's about their perceived respect. It's about getting paid.

Ya these deals always get done last minute, don't understand it. Anyways, I remember when Hard Knocks was with the Jets and it was the last minute when tannebaum met up with Revis with their offer.

My most likely scenario is no longer being a fan of a team who would let the best player theyve drafted since Jason Taylor walk. Dumbest **** ever i dont care if half the fan's hate him cause he is ****y and plays with passion and they want some pussies like devante who show no heart. I'll take 11 Jarvis's or Steve Smith's over so called number ones like aj green or julio Jones's who still have been less productive at the position best four years ever at wr **** how you spin it

Half these fans don't like him for the same reason people didn't like the hurricanes back in the day. It's because they were ****y and played with passion and a love for the game and these old racist ****ing haters couldn't stand it

Doesn’t matter to me if he leaves or stays. I have a feeling Miami will be mediocre regardless in 2018

Landry vs Everybody on every play and that's how you get well on your way to having the most catches in NFL history. Sure he is getting short catches in the slot but that's his position they put him in and he excels at it. Give him an expanded roll and he will still excel because he goes all the way in like Steve Smith.

Back
Top Bottom