Jacob Eason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jacob Eason

mmikel30

Starter
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I would take him over Herbert the guy has a cannon and I think his best days are ahead of him...he gets the ball out quicker than Herbert has a better arm and he hasn’t had the four years to get better like Herbert has.To me Eason has the highest upside of all the Qaurtebacks in this draft. I wouldn’t be mad if we had to settle for him in a trade down scenario.

That would give us an interesting QB room but zero certainties. I could see us picking yet another QB next year after Fitz retires before even seeing Eason on the field.

Eason slops on eye black, throws mindless line drives for 60 minutes, and somehow concludes he's a quarterback.

Washington was #41 in the nation in points per game. They lost 3 games as favorite of 13.5 or greater in which the offense was solely responsible. Heck, I'm not convinced that Peterson isn't retiring partially because of the mental exhaustion and frustration of dealing with Jacob Eason at quarterback. Keep in mind Georgia was #102 in scoring offense in 2016 with Eason as starter.

He may not be the brightest QB but with his “prototype” measurables and powerful arm, he’s going to go up someone’s draft board just because of that.

Don't see it with Eason. Too slow with his mind and feet, and he panics under pressure.

Agreed. You can look as good as you want physically but those pieces are crucial to being a successful QB in the league.

If you don’t see it quick you better have the pocket presence and footwork to be able to buy you more time.

Doesn't seem like he would check the boxes for what Miami is looking for.

Slow footed giant statue of a QB.

A throwback to a bygone age.

Eason seems like the perfect replacement for Rothlisberger in Pittsburgh. Big qb with big arm, push the ball down field and lean on the play action passes.

Can’t remember who wrote it but I read Eason STRUGGLED in team interviews.

Lots of stories that even after a red shirt year and full practice during that time didn't have the playbook under control. So like 18 months of studying and was still struggling mastering his playbook. Million dollar arm 1 cent brain. Was able to do it on talent alone in a weaker high school football state went to UGA couldn't make changes got passed by Fromm went to Washington could never get his head around the system and lead them to the 79th ranked offense.

Doesnt give me a ton of confidence even before mentioning his lackluster physical abilities.

so I'm backing off my interest in Eason. The more I hear about him the less I'm liking him. Not understanding playbooks and all that. Mmmmm nope

Back
Top Bottom