Jake Fromm | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm

Rowdy1972

Active Roster
Reaction score
Slimm and CK (Or anybody for that matter),

What are your thoughts on Fromm? I watch a game of his like the National Championship game and think thats who I want on my team. Then other times I will see him play and something seems off. He is extremely EFFICIENT. Georgia ranks pretty high in passing efficiency metrics which would surprise most including me. I think he has a really good arm (his best throw maybe a 15 yard out). He seems really athletic. Comes from a pro style offense. Play well in big games. Won a lot of games. Think he is 22-3. He checks a lot of boxes.

The thing is I watch a lot of his games and come away feeling that something is off. Not sure what it is. Good arm and athletic but seems like he's not fluid. Doesn't seem natural for him. If that makes any sense. Another thing is that he plays in a great system. They run the ball at an extremely high clip. Teams aren't necessarily trying to stop Jake Fromm which probably leads to him being so efficient. He's not gonna have that type of situtation very often in the NFL if ever. Does the elite running game of Georgia prop him up is basically what I am asking.

I like the term TedSlimmJr just used so I'm going to steal it; I haven't put him through the sandblaster yet.

My impression of him as a pro prospect has always been very good. But I can understand if some folks want there to be more physical talent there.

Yeah it's hard enough to scout all these kids that are draft eligible. Although my process usually has two parts anyway - evaluating them as college quarterbacks, then projecting their skills to the next level. I can give you my take on Fromm as a college quarterback, and I think he's a really good player - more of a facilitator than a true superstar though. Displays certain next level traits.

However, he gets a lot of matchups where he's throwing against linebackers vs his receivers, backs and tight ends due to how teams have to play UGA's offense. The first thing you have to face no matter what is the running game and the wave upon wave of talented backs they throw at you. It all revolves around their running game. They try to avoid putting too much on Fromm. He struggled when they got away from the run too early against LSU and had him try to throw against that secondary.

I'll tell you a little idiosyncrasy Fromm has - particularly when taking shotgun snaps. He has a habit of flipping the fooball end over end in his hands to get a better grip. He has small hands, it'll be more of an issue as an NFL prospect when he gets put under the microscope next year than it is right now. I'd have him work on getting out of that habit this offseason if I were UGA's coaches.

I mean he's young, handsome, super nice kid, well mannered, polite, great teammate, a leader, great character... I'm jealous no matter what I think of him as a prospect. He'll feel like he's in a sandblaster Saturday around 3:00 p.m. Bama time.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion but I'll give it to you anyways. I've not been overly impressed by him when I've seen him play, if he's the 2nd best QB prospect in 2020 then I think that class will lack depth. Tua is a world away from this guy at the moment, I think that'll be evident on Saturday. For once I'll be rooting for a Bama win, that'll shake up the playoffs, if Georgia win the current 1-4 will make up the playoff teams, Georgia losing knocks them out and has the potential of moving Murray or Haskins up there, that'll be more fun.

He’s looking sharp in the 1st half against Bama. Good anticipation, timing and accuracy. He looks to be the better QB at this point.

I’m still on the Tua train tbh. But I wouldn’t mind Fromm if he was the other option. They both could either be out 2020 or stay their senior year and come out in 2021, but then there’s Trevor Lawrence as well in 2021. So who knows.

Pretty sure we have to wait another year. How long do you want to suck to get him?

Hmmmm well this is dolphins related at least

He looks good but man, Alabama fought right back

I’m still on the Tua train tbh. But I wouldn’t mind Fromm if he was the other option. They both could either be out 2020 or stay their senior year and come out in 2021, but then there’s Trevor Lawrence as well in 2021. So who knows.

Tuna looks kinda short. Fromm was making serious NFL throws imo

Tuna looks kinda short. Fromm was making serious NFL throws imo
He’s the same height as Fromm. Fromm also has small hands like Tannehill. Could be prone to fumbling at the next level.
Honestly I’d take either of them at this point.

Tua and Fromm going #1 and #2 in 2020 draft. If a team that already has a qb is in one of those slots, we can trade up for one of them. Jacob Eason, who is 6’5 is also projected to go high in the 2020 draft.

Back
Top Bottom