Jake Fromm | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm

He’s looking sharp in the 1st half against Bama. Good anticipation, timing and accuracy. He looks to be the better QB at this point.

I agree. But he didn't look to be the better QB the previous 13 games they played. Didn't really look like the better QB with the game on the line either after Bama dialed up the pressure and intensity.

Two years in a row he disappeared against Bama in the 2nd half. Tua outplayed him last year and let Hurts outplay him tonight.

Fromm did make a couple of throws in this game that I didn't think he had in him. They were perfect. Tua played a horrible game by his standards, but it wasn't as bad as it looked. The huge drops by Irv Smith, Jeudy and Ruggs killed his stats. Those were perfect throws too.

It was the interceptions he threw in the red zone twice that weren't good. He's also playing hurt. His lower body isn't healthy and he's a lower body and core strength passer. That's where his power and accuracy is generated. He made some great throws in the middle of the field in tight windows to hold the receivers up instead of leading leading em into the defender.

Georgia defense is one of the best in the country at limiting explosive passing plays down field. I thought we kept running too many deep routes - running the receivers right into the coverage. Much better when adjustments were made to give shorter options like the TD pass to Waddle before Tua got his ankle stepped on.

By far the worst game Tua has ever played. Although I think Kirby's familiarity with our players and scheme just had a lot to do with it in the first half. Both offensively and defensively. They had Fromm hitting guys open early just as we were passing them off. Not so much in the second half.

Fromm is 6'5" and Tua is. 6'1". Not that it matters with Mayfield dispelling the height thing. I do like Fromm but Haskins intrigues me and has now moved into the 1st round but could be obtainable. Looks like Tua and or Fromm would be costly.

For those of you interested in Fromm, there is an excellent docu-series on Netflix called
“QB1: Beyond the Lights”. He is one of several quarterbacks followed in their senior year of highschool, very good watch.

I don't like Fromm at all, he's a JAG in my view. When the game was there to be won today, he once again didn't get it done. He played better than I have seen him before but in the draft forum I described him more of a game manager than a game winner and I'm sticking by that. Haskins on the other hand is the real deal, almost 500 yds and 5 tds so far tonight, we are going to be picking way too late for him though. Kyler Murray needs to change his mind and play a proper sport not that baseball crap, Herbert is an excellent prospect too, I like Lock, all way better than Fromm in my uneducated mind. Fromm may probably have a good NFL career. but it's more likely to be similar to Alex Smith than a Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers.

Oh and he's got tiny hands, that'll put a lot of NFL scouts off.

I don't like Fromm at all, he's a JAG in my view. When the game was there to be won today, he once again didn't get it done. He played better than I have seen him before but in the draft forum I described him more of a game manager than a game winner and I'm sticking by that. Haskins on the other hand is the real deal, almost 500 yds and 5 tds so far tonight, we are going to be picking way too late for him though. Kyler Murray needs to change his mind and play a proper sport not that baseball crap, Herbert is an excellent prospect too, I like Lock, all way better than Fromm in my uneducated mind. Fromm may probably have a good NFL career. but it's more likely to be similar to Alex Smith than a Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers.

Oh and he's got tiny hands, that'll put a lot of NFL scouts off.

Haskins was unreal. I don't know where he slots in the 1st rd. I would say he would be easier to get this yr than Tua or Fromm the next. Depends on Herbert, I like Fromm he balled out but I am sure his rhythm gets messed up letting Fields getting unnecessary snaps to pacify him.

Haskins was unreal. I don't know where he slots in the 1st rd. I would say he would be easier to get this yr than Tua or Fromm the next. Depends on Herbert, I like Fromm he balled out but I am sure his rhythm gets messed up letting Fields getting unnecessary snaps to pacify him.

Many ppl had Fields as a higher ranked prospect than Trevor, I'm not one of them.

We aren’t getting the top qb this year no matter what. Maybe Haskins but probably not eitger and he’s probably not the prospect the 2020 or 21 class is. I wouldn’t wanna use a 1st on him with the defensive talent likely on the board. If we wanna take Patterson or someone else in the mid rounds.. okay. But still aim high for 2020 or maybe all out for Lawrence in 21

We aren’t getting the top qb this year no matter what. Maybe Haskins but probably not eitger and he’s probably not the prospect the 2020 or 21 class is. I wouldn’t wanna use a 1st on him with the defensive talent likely on the board. If we wanna take Patterson or someone else in the mid rounds.. okay. But still aim high for 2020 or maybe all out for Lawrence in 21

Until we fix the QB position we aren't going to be anything more than mediocre. You think any of our QBs take us to the superbowl because we take a top defensive prospect ? This team is way away from that and until you get the QB right you are always going to be an also ran.

Fromm is 6'5" and Tua is. 6'1". Not that it matters with Mayfield dispelling the height thing. I do like Fromm but Haskins intrigues me and has now moved into the 1st round but could be obtainable. Looks like Tua and or Fromm would be costly.

Fromm is 6'2" - most likely 6'1" and some change.

That one td from the opposite hash tonight well that throw was rediculous.

What I saw tonight was a really accurate qb down the field. Those balls were on pillows. Spot on.

Until we fix the QB position we aren't going to be anything more than mediocre. You think any of our QBs take us to the superbowl because we take a top defensive prospect ? This team is way away from that and until you get the QB right you are always going to be an also ran.

1. Quarterback
2. Cornerback
3. Pass rushers - particularly 4th quarter pass rush to finish games off. You need a deep rotation of DE's who can flat out apply pressure

Those are the 3 most critical components you must have to consistently compete in the league the NFL has become. Everything else is secondary. These should be the focus of building a team to compete by any front office.

That one td from the opposite hash tonight well that throw was rediculous.

What I saw tonight was a really accurate qb down the field. Those balls were on pillows. Spot on.

Yep. He's keeping Justin Fields a prospect that's supposed to be on the same level as Trevor Lawrence on the bench.

Hmmm it’s like you didn’t even read my post

Back
Top Bottom