Jake Fromm | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm

Do you understand that your misguided point is based around the fact Tua usually has 50 points on the board by the end of the 3rd quarter? You're not called upon to make big plays with the game on the line when the game is rarely ever on the line because of how you played to begin with. You make no sense.

That’s been the pattern with Alabama under Saban and before Tua.
I’m not disparaging Tua or promoting Fromm. I’m merely pointing out that Fromm is not as ordinary as many are making him out to be and Tua is not the second coming of Andrew Luck as a prospect as many are suggesting.

That’s been the pattern with Alabama under Saban and before Tua.
I’m not disparaging Tua or promoting Fromm. I’m merely pointing out that Fromm is not as ordinary as many are making him out to be and Tua is not the second coming of Andrew Luck as a prospect as many are suggesting.

Look you're entitled to your own opinion - but you're not entitled to your own facts. And what you just said again is inaccurate.

Bama put up 50+ points eight times already this season with Tua. They only did it 10 times in the previous 4 years combined - while also setting records for NOT's Jalen's freshman year (Non Offensive Touchdowns). Furthermore, Tua is doing this in 3 quarters of play.

Tua led them to set an SEC record for points scored this year - already. Again, think whatever you want, but I have to correct the nonsense.

Fromm is playing out of his mind. One of the hottest quarterbacks in the country right now. Tua has been playing injured. Jake Fromm is not in the same category as a healthy Tua.

I really like Fromm. Still do. I don't dislike Tua at all and I don't think the two need to always be compared.

Look you're entitled to your own opinion - but you're not entitled to your own facts. And what you just said again is inaccurate.

Bama put up 50+ points eight times already this season with Tua. They only did it 10 times in the previous 4 years combined - while also setting records for NOT's Jalen's freshman year (Non Offensive Touchdowns). Furthermore, Tua is doing this in 3 quarters of play.

Tua led them to set an SEC record for points scored this year - already. Again, think whatever you want, but I have to correct the nonsense.

Fromm is playing out of his mind. One of the hottest quarterbacks in the country right now. Tua has been playing injured. Jake Fromm is not in the same category as a healthy Tua.

I am certainly not the expert you are Slimm. But, time will tell. I think Fromm will be a better pro, and strongly disagree that JF isnt in the same category as Tua.
Another point- Whan Tua is healthy? When is that bc he limps off to the tent every game and then proceeds to rip off a 45 yard run. He may not stay healthy with play like that Saturday.
One play he tuens left stares at the defender coming straight for him, turns around stops and gets drilled by the guy he just stared at.
You may know more than me in regards to his health, but there must be something up with that knew.
I bet they go 1,2 next draft unless the rules change for Trevor Lawrence to come out lol.

I am certainly not the expert you are Slimm. But, time will tell. I think Fromm will be a better pro, and strongly disagree that JF isnt in the same category as Tua.
Another point- Whan Tua is healthy? When is that bc he limps off to the tent every game and then proceeds to rip off a 45 yard run. He may not stay healthy with play like that Saturday.
One play he tuens left stares at the defender coming straight for him, turns around stops and gets drilled by the guy he just stared at.
You may know more than me in regards to his health, but there must be something up with that knew.
I bet they go 1,2 next draft unless the rules change for Trevor Lawrence to come out lol.

Time will tell, but to say Fromm isn't in a healthy Tua's category is based on 13 games played on the field. Period.

I don't think Fromm will be a better pro than Tua. That's my opinion. Detail what you believe makes Fromm a better pro prospect and I'll hear it.

You already sound like you don't have a rational perspective to even have the discussion. Limps off every game? False.

I'd suggest you learn more about what's ailing him. Until then, have a nice day.

If Fromm was staring me in the face in 2020 i'd trade it for a 2021 pick to move up to take Trevor Lawrence.

That's how I feel about Fromm.

Time will tell, but to say Fromm isn't in a healthy Tua's category is based on 13 games played on the field. Period.

I don't think Fromm will be a better pro than Tua. That's my opinion. Detail what you believe makes Fromm a better pro prospect and I'll hear it.

You already sound like you don't have a rational perspective to even have the discussion. Limps off every game? False.

I'd suggest you learn more about what's ailing him. Until then, have a nice day.
LOL surely you understand a little sarcasm. I have watched Alabama play probaly 5 times. most of those games Tua either limped (after running a TD), or went in the tent a time or two. So yes he does limp off quite a bit.
I never claimed to know whats ailing him. I even mentioned I don't know what the injury is, and maybe you do. I have heard some rumors from a friend involved in medical device with many clients in SEC, but im not going to speculate.

Sure- To me both are very good. I think Fromm is stronger and will take less hits and is bigger. I can see Tua nicked up a lot, he runs more, he took a couple really bad sacks on Saturday. Again, its one game but the only other time ive seen him not have as much time as he wants to throw was Mississippi state. Coincidentally he took a big hit to the knee and went out for a little bit.
I have not seen him challenged much until Saturday and he fell flat on his face. but, he was injured i guess.
To me the play you posted in the championship game is a pretty standard play for a D! QB drop back look off safety and throw to the pre snap go route, doesn't impress me as much as it does you, apparently.
Tua is really good, I think he will be really good. I think Fromm will be better. Im not sure you got all upset about it me mentioning all the Tua limps or holds knee and stays in and plays great. Don't take it personally.
As I mentioned you're the expert not me. But, just sharing my opinion in this thread.
I saw Fromm make some throws I hadn't seen before, and he sold me on the only things I wanted to see. I don't get as excited about a slant to Waddle, or a jump ball to jeudy as I do the back shoulder, the TD Fromm dropped in a bucket, the touch pass to the back on sideline and many more. Just my opinion Ted.
So to answer your question-
Fromm plays bigger and stronger
Fromm isnt as athletic but i think hes athletic enough.
I think he will be a better decision maker (its hard to tell right now for Tua bc he wasn't healthy Saturday when he was finally tested)
I think he is as accurate
I thing the leadership qualities moxy is a wash both have IT IMO
I think both can make all the throws needed

i would love for the Dolphins to have either one.

If Fromm was staring me in the face in 2020 i'd trade it for a 2021 pick to move up to take Trevor Lawrence.

That's how I feel about Fromm.
You could never be sure to get TL the next year.. Would be a colossal mistake IMO.. I could see with Miami's luck ending up with the second pick the following year and having neither.

LOL surely you understand a little sarcasm. I have watched Alabama play probaly 5 times. most of those games Tua either limped (after running a TD), or went in the tent a time or two. So yes he does limp off quite a bit.
I never claimed to know whats ailing him. I even mentioned I don't know what the injury is, and maybe you do. I have heard some rumors from a friend involved in medical device with many clients in SEC, but im not going to speculate.

Sure- To me both are very good. I think Fromm is stronger and will take less hits and is bigger. I can see Tua nicked up a lot, he runs more, he took a couple really bad sacks on Saturday. Again, its one game but the only other time ive seen him not have as much time as he wants to throw was Mississippi state. Coincidentally he took a big hit to the knee and went out for a little bit.
I have not seen him challenged much until Saturday and he fell flat on his face. but, he was injured i guess.
To me the play you posted in the championship game is a pretty standard play for a D! QB drop back look off safety and throw to the pre snap go route, doesn't impress me as much as it does you, apparently.
Tua is really good, I think he will be really good. I think Fromm will be better. Im not sure you got all upset about it me mentioning all the Tua limps or holds knee and stays in and plays great. Don't take it personally.
As I mentioned you're the expert not me. But, just sharing my opinion in this thread.
I saw Fromm make some throws I hadn't seen before, and he sold me on the only things I wanted to see. I don't get as excited about a slant to Waddle, or a jump ball to jeudy as I do the back shoulder, the TD Fromm dropped in a bucket, the touch pass to the back on sideline and many more. Just my opinion Ted.
So to answer your question-
Fromm plays bigger and stronger
Fromm isnt as athletic but i think hes athletic enough.
I think he will be a better decision maker (its hard to tell right now for Tua bc he wasn't healthy Saturday when he was finally tested)
I think he is as accurate
I thing the leadership qualities moxy is a wash both have IT IMO
I think both can make all the throws needed

i would love for the Dolphins to have either one.

Fromm is not bigger or stronger, and has much smaller hands. Less of an athlete. You obviously haven't watched enough of him. The 8 3/4" hands are going to be a huge issue when he's an NFL prospect. Tua's hands are over 10".

Tua's lower body has not been healthy. You say you've seen him limp off and then run 45 yards for a TD. So let me make sure I understand you correctly - you saw him outrun LSU's entire defense with a clunky brace on his banged up knee. But you're not going to speculate....

Let me help you - he's playing with a sprained knee.

He hurt is ankle early in the game against UGA, which affected him. He persevered though and was playing much better until he got that same ankle stepped on again by Jonah Williams.

Mississippi St. was targeting his bad knee.

A perfect throw that demonstrates incredible anticipation, accuracy, and eye discipline against C2 off a 4 verts concept where he looks off the safety and releases the ball before he's even looked back over there to Smith for the game winning score doesn't impress you? But a back shoulder throw against a true freshman does? I think we're probably done here.

I don't know what your handle was before I'm sure it was changed for a reason.

Fromm is not bigger or stronger, and has much smaller hands. Less of an athlete. You obviously haven't watched enough of him. The 8 3/4" hands are going to be a huge issue when he's an NFL prospect. Tua's hands are over 10".

Tua's lower body has not been healthy. You say you've seen him limp off and then run 45 yards for a TD. So let me make sure I understand you correctly - you saw him outrun LSU's entire defense with a clunky brace on his banged up knee. But you're not going to speculate....

Let me help you - he's playing with a sprained knee.

He hurt is ankle early in the game against UGA, which affected him. He persevered though and was playing much better until he got that same ankle stepped on again by Jonah Williams.

Mississippi St. was targeting his bad knee.

A perfect throw that demonstrates incredible anticipation, accuracy, and eye discipline against C2 off a 4 verts concept where he looks off the safety and releases the ball before he's even looked back over there to Smith for the game winning score doesn't impress you? But a back shoulder throw against a true freshman does? I think we're probably done here.

I don't know what your handle was before I'm sure it was changed for a reason.

Ya probably done is right. I know you are a big Bama guy, i get it.
yes I saw that run against LSU that is my point. He was limping then rips off a crazy run. I don't know what his exact injury is and maybe its more serious than being reported. Thats why i won't speculate im not his doctor. Clearly something is ailing him.

Fromm looks bigger to me, maybe he isnt. they are listed pretty similar one 6'1 218 and one 6'2 220. But, who knows how accurate that is.

Handle? I'm pretty new had viewed the site for a while.

I didn't know Fromm's hand size, i don't dig that deep. Ya the back shoulder throws Fromm makes are impressive. the TD on the right pylon was just as impressive, the TD to Nauta was too. He was on the money all night.
I have a slightly different opinion than you, and apparently that is not with you. I thought bringing some conversation to this side of the forum you have obviously put a lot of work into was welcomed. Oh well, not sure why you have gotten so perturbed.

Last thing- the corner's age now matters on perfect ball placement? But, not the fact that the UGA defense makes cardinal sin and loses a guy to lose the game last year, interesting. Ya that was agreat play. Pre determined go route and held safety with his eyes. Somehow you are presenting that as something a D1 level college should not be able to do.

Ya probably done is right. I know you are a big Bama guy, i get it.
yes I saw that run against LSU that is my point. He was limping then rips off a crazy run. I don't know what his exact injury is and maybe its more serious than being reported. Thats why i won't speculate im not his doctor. Clearly something is ailing him.

Fromm looks bigger to me, maybe he isnt. they are listed pretty similar one 6'1 218 and one 6'2 220. But, who knows how accurate that is.

Handle? I'm pretty new had viewed the site for a while.

I didn't know Fromm's hand size, i don't dig that deep. Ya the back shoulder throws Fromm makes are impressive. the TD on the right pylon was just as impressive, the TD to Nauta was too. He was on the money all night.
I have a slightly different opinion than you, and apparently that is not with you. I thought bringing some conversation to this side of the forum you have obviously put a lot of work into was welcomed. Oh well, not sure why you have gotten so perturbed.

Last thing- the corner's age now matters on perfect ball placement? But, not the fact that the UGA defense makes cardinal sin and loses a guy to lose the game last year, interesting. Ya that was agreat play. Pre determined go route and held safety with his eyes. Somehow you are presenting that as something a D1 level college should not be able to do.

That wasn't a college throw. That was a throw few can make. Fromm ain't ever made one even close to that.

Show me all the college quarterbacks making that throw Tua made. Hell all I do is watch college football and I haven't see it. Show it to me in that situation against a defense that caliber. They should be easy to find.

You act like Tua couldn't make an 18 yard back shoulder throw. Something just seems a little off with your posting.

That wasn't a college throw. That was a throw few can make. Fromm ain't ever made one even close to that.

Show me all the college quarterbacks making that throw Tua made. Hell all I do is watch college football and I haven't see it. Show it to me in that situation against a defense that caliber. They should be easy to find.

You act like Tua couldn't make an 18 yard back shoulder throw. Something just seems a little off with your posting.

so were clear were referring to the TD where the WR was wide open he held safety and threw left right? You have never seen a throw like that ?
Great throw big moment. But, it is a straight drop eye discipline throw go route. That isn't the toughest throw to make in the world as you are saying.

You want me to show you in that situation against that defense.. So let me go find National championships with Georgia and send you a link. speaking of something off with posting

so were clear were referring to the TD where the WR was wide open he held safety and threw left right? You have never seen a throw like that ?
Great throw big moment. But, it is a straight drop eye discipline throw go route. That isn't the toughest throw to make in the world as you are saying.

You want me to show you in that situation against that defense.. So let me go find National championships with Georgia and send you a link. speaking of something off with posting

Show me that throw from Fromm. Just show me something close to it.

Show me a throw from Fromm anywhere close to the TD pass Tua hit against Tennessee to Waddle. Tua's ball placement to allow RAC is insane. It has nothing to do with being a Bama guy. Otherwise, I'd have had Bo Scarbrough over Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. I just don't know what you're watching.

LSU destroyed Fromm. He couldn't throw against that secondary.

Show me that throw from Fromm. Just show me something close to it.

Show me a throw from Fromm anywhere close to the TD pass Tua hit against Tennessee to Waddle. Tua's ball placement to allow RAC is insane. It has nothing to do with being a Bama guy. Otherwise, I'd have had Bo Scarbrough over Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. I just don't know what you're watching.

LSU destroyed Fromm. He couldn't throw against that secondary.
Ball placement? Maybe Saturday was an outlier, but Fromm was carving!
Im going by memory here-
The TD that was dropped/broken up to Hardeman (woulda been the first one) what did you think of that one?
What did you think of the TD on the right pylon? The one Ridley dropped early on third down IIRC?
There was one he was falling away pressure at his feet to nauta as well perfect placement.
How about the ball to the back rolling right (IIRC, i just watched live I don't put on the tape) right sideline, how about the TD down middle to Nauta right on his face over LB before Safety. Hell, I thought UGA's biggest mistake was bringing in Fields on many first downs for no gain when Fromm was so hot.
I did not watch the UGA LSU game.

Maybe none of that is close to one throw Tua made in your opinion and thats fine. I was just super impressed with Fromm against that competition on that stage.

FWIW, preliminary findings on Jake Fromm's velocity are promising.

Right away I've got 53 mph readouts on a 72 foot throw, a 43 mph readout on a 144 foot throw, and a 44 mph readout on a 161 foot throw.

That's enough for me. If I go deeper I know what I'm going to find, because I'm already familiar with the throws he can hit and what he can do when rolling out this way or that. There's probably only upside from here.

It's a premium finding. As much as I want to gush about anyone else's arm, it's clear that Jake Fromm has himself a fully function NFL starter's arm.

I don't know about the hand size and his habit of flipping the ball in his hands (which is weird). I just know the ball is going the right speed, including and importantly at deep distances.

Back
Top Bottom