Jake Fromm | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm

Hmmm....... You do know Tua and Fromm are not eligible to declare in 2019 don't you !! You're a strange person.

yes. I know. You have been talking up the current draft class (2019) and now you are labeling Fromm a game manager and you have reservations about Tua (the 2020 draft class). Just interesting is all I am saying. Guess it could be strange. I just dont think there is anything special about the current draft class and Fromm and and especially Tua could be pretty special.

yes. I know. You have been talking up the current draft class (2019) and now you are labeling Fromm a game manager and you have reservations about Tua (the 2020 draft class). Just interesting is all I am saying. Guess it could be strange.

I don't have any reservations on Tua, he's an absolute stud. I merely pointed out that he didn't look good under pressure on Saturday, something he's rarely under and that will have folks questioning his "can't miss" status. He's still going #1 in 2020 baring injury or a complete turnaround in his form next year.

The 2020 class for me is Tua and the rest, we won't be in a position to draft Tua. Fromm is the next best, he will go before we no doubt are picking too, so my question has been who else is left ? Herbert and Haskins could stay in school, but for both I think they are taking a huge financial gamble. I just don't see the depth in 2020 and I think everyone is boosting that class up because of Tua and Fromm without thinking about what it will take for Miami to be able to draft either of them, which is frankly a tank 2019 season.

That one td from the opposite hash tonight well that throw was rediculous.

What I saw tonight was a really accurate qb down the field. Those balls were on pillows. Spot on.

Haskins > over Justin Herbert so far. Herbert 6'6 233 frame is amazing and he's a smooth athlete, but that's an athlete playing masquerading as a QB.

Haskins > over Justin Herbert so far. Herbert 6'6 233 frame is amazing and he's a smooth athlete, but that's an athlete playing masquerading as a QB.
I disagree with the Herbert masquerading as a qb. That kid can actually play the qb spot really well. He’s fluent with his throws and is mobile. He’s what Tannehill should’ve been.

I disagree with the Herbert masquerading as a qb. That kid can actually play the qb spot really well. He’s fluent with his throws and is mobile. He’s what Tannehill should’ve been.

Hell no, but the comp would be Tannehill, Josh Allen even tho I don't think he has that type of arm, that elongated throwing motion is going to have to get shorten up real quick, he throws with very little anticipation, when he gets moved in the pocket his accuracy and velocity takes a huge jump downward. Herbert doesn't have the pedigree you want from a top 5 pick either, he wasn't groomed to play qb from a young age, he was 3 sport athlete in high school (I'm sure that baseball background affected his throwing motion) and wasn't highly recruited actually Oregon was the only big name school that gave him an offer. Another thing that bothers me is his production, I expect more when your only making half field reads.I like the fact that he's a fluid athlete at 6'6 235 but he's definitely not a natural passer.

Hell no, but the comp would be Tannehill, Josh Allen even tho I don't think he has that type of arm, that elongated throwing motion is going to have to get shorten up real quick, he throws with very little anticipation, when he gets moved in the pocket his accuracy and velocity takes a huge jump downward. Herbert doesn't have the pedigree you want from a top 5 pick either, he wasn't groomed to play qb from a young age, he was 3 sport athlete in high school (I'm sure that baseball background affected his throwing motion) and wasn't highly recruited actually Oregon was the only big name school that gave him an offer. Another thing that bothers me is his production, I expect more when your only making half field reads.I like the fact that he's a fluid athlete at 6'6 235 but he's definitely not a natural passer.

I've been meaning to mention that, regarding Herbert's background and not highly recruited out of high school. There are some high water examples but it always bothers me. He was a 3 star recruit.

Regarding Fromm, it was very disappointing to see him either get cautious or reigned in during the later stages of that meeting against Alabama for the second consecutive year. I thought it was very obvious it would play out that way. The weaker team -- no matter how good it is -- always needs to take full advantage of those free wheeling possessions before nervous time begins. When Georgia led 28-14 and hit the big pass down to about the 20 in the middle of the third quarter, I said to the people watching the game with me, "This is very basic. If they score a touchdown, Georgia wins. Any other result and Alabama wins."

I've seen that so many times from a betting perspective I would have been shocked if it didn't unfold that way. But for Georgia to make one routine blunder after another was most ridiculous of all, just like last season. They had multiple chances to down a punt within the 5 or 10 but butchered it every time. They had multiple chances to stop a 3rd down play against Hurts but never really came close. Then Fromm started tightening up and aiming for low percentage scared sideline routes instead of confidently firing over the middle.

Obviously the fake punt was moronic. I'm sure Nick Saban never prepared for that one, especially near midfield.

If he indeed has 8 3/4 hands then Fromm will drop way down no matter what it looks like from a traditional scouting perspective.

I agree more atblete that happens to play qb than qb that happens to be an athlete right now.

That’s why the pistol and zone read and rpo packages are your safest and best bets out the gate. Give him easy reads

I agree more atblete that happens to play qb than qb that happens to be an athlete right now.

That’s why the pistol and zone read and rpo packages are your safest and best bets out the gate. Give him easy reads

I'm fine with that, but he still has accuracy and velocity issues when he gets moved off his spot, unless that arm reads like Vicks or Staffords those arm mechanics have to get fixed.

Back
Top Bottom