Jake Long's injury another chance for people to criticize the NFL preseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long's injury another chance for people to criticize the NFL preseason

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
"It's an unfortunate circumstance," coach Tony Sparano said, defending his decision to play his starters in the exhibition season finale, which exposed them to injuries like the one Long suffered. "I'm not going to Monday-morning quarterback any of those decisions."
Sparano felt his starters needed extra work. Many coaches decide the risk of injury is too great. To play starters or not to play them has long been a never-ending preseason debate.

If Long isn't able to play next week, it will snap his streak of 32 straight regular season starts for the Dolphins.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/lapeer_native_and_michigan_gra.html

No just a reason to criticize a stupid coaching decision! It is what it is DUMB!

He's playing.

It was a horrible decision to play Henne that long. As long as Henne is in, Long will be as well.

I just don't want him to make it worse. We do not need a nagging injury throughout the season right out the gate.

Actually, we are fortunate to be playing Buffalo if Jake has to sit out. He needs to be healthy by week 2.

Sucks to be in this position now, well I hope he doesn't make the same stupid mistake next year in Preseason.

Back
Top Bottom