Jake Scott | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Scott

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
Anybody know whatever became of Jake Scott? What is he doing now? I saw some stuff on ESPN classic that he was a bit of recluse and even though he was very talented, and a consistent producer, he somehow got on Shula's bad side & got shipped to the Redskins. Anybody know his career stats? I thoght he was an awesome, ball-hawking free safety. I believe he had a lot of INT's in the '70's. Is he the all time leader in INT's for the Phins? I think some of the younger folks on the board would be interested to know more about the history of this great franchise.

Go Dolphins! :rawk:

Jake was a classic. I think he was the same Jake Scott that played for the BC Lions before he came to Miami. Another great #13 for the fins. We may have to unretire that number so another great can get it. I was thinking of getting a retro jersey with # 13 and Scott name on it.

Wow I learn new things everyday on this site thanks for the history lesson. I really had no idea how ignorant Jets and Bills fans are. I knew some of them are complete dumb****s, but I didnt think they were that stupid.

PatsSuck456 said:
Wow I learn new things everyday on this site thanks for the history lesson. I really had no idea how ignorant Jets and Bills fans are. I knew some of them are complete dumb****s, but I didnt think they were that stupid.

what did that have to do with anything with the bills and jets, or did i miss something.

Jake Scott was a bad ***. To this day, he may have been the fins best safety ever IMO. Hell of a punt returner, as well.

He won the Super Bowl VII MVP ´cause he inetrcepted 2 times and one very important in the end zone when the Redskins pushing a lot.

it´s the leader in INTs in the Fins history, with Dick Anderson make a awesome couple of Safetys.

it´s bad the thing that happend between he and coach Shula, 'cause he don't showed more like a Dolphin and maybe are the only player who played in Miami and don't love the franchise

• 5 consecutive years to the Pro Bowl
  • 34 INT's in 6 years with Dolphins (another v14 in 3 years with Skins)
  • Super Bowl MVP in 1972
  • Great teammate
  • Went to UGA like teammate Bill Stanfill
  • All SEC, All American at UGA
  • Left UGA after junior year to play in Canada, BC Lions (1 year)
  • Joe Robbie was too cheap to pay the guy.
  • He walked.

According to Mercury Morris (in his book Against the Grain) he left not over money but over disputes with Shula. As far as I remember it was about not playing with an injury and so on. Scott thought his injury too severe to play. And then suddenly Shula shipped him to the Skins. Please correct if you know otherwise

Lederhosen said:
According to Mercury Morris (in his book Against the Grain) he left not over money but over disputes with Shula. As far as I remember it was about not playing with an injury and so on. Scott thought his injury too severe to play. And then suddenly Shula shipped him to the Skins. Please correct if you know otherwise
  • This could be as well.... JS was a true free spirit... he left UGA after his junior year and that was unheard of at the time.

Lederhosen said:
If I recall correctly, Jake and Shula had many disputes, but the final dispute was over Jake refusing to get shot up so he could play, if I further recall, it was a shoulder that was injured.

Jake was my favorite Phin as a kid...had I been blessed with a male child he would have been named after him...when we found out the 3rd kid was another girl I went and bought a male dog!

Mandich was talking about him the other day. He said he has not spoken to him in a while. He said the guy was a loose cannon. The kind who would go to a bar and pick a fight with the BIGGEST guy in there. Said last time he saw him he was doing well.

Back
Top Bottom