Jakeem Grant a wasted extension | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant a wasted extension

He is a one trick pony who is only good for going deep and running by defenders. It's a good skill to have, but that's all he's really good for.

Was there anyone defending/applauding this extension?!? I can’t remember anyone.

Yep. Tried to dig up my post about it but there was a thread on it. I’m paraphrasing myself here but I said something to the effect that I thought it was premature to sign this guy to an extension, saying that he hasn’t proved much just yet. Someone replied, don’t remember who said something like I hate the fact that someone is advancing themselves and I should get over it. Then a few others piled on like as if he’s a superstar

Yep. Tried to dig up my post about it but there was a thread on it. I’m paraphrasing myself here but I said something to the effect that I thought it was premature to sign this guy to an extension, saying that he hasn’t proved much just yet. Someone replied, don’t remember who said something like I hate the fact that someone is advancing themselves and I should get over it. Then a few others piled on like as if he’s a superstar

Wow! I’m shocked anyone thought a grant extension was a good idea. Hes a terrible receiver and a mediocre returner due to his hands. He needs to be cut as soon as his salary doesn’t count against the cap.

Wow! I’m shocked anyone thought a grant extension was a good idea. Hes a terrible receiver and a mediocre returner due to his hands. He needs to be cut as soon as his salary doesn’t count against the cap.

It looks like his own aggressiveness is his own worst enemy. Always trying to make the big play before the ball is in his hands.

As a couple others said he looks like he has completely regressed to what he was his rookie year. Hate saying it but it looks like he got that contract and checked out.

As a couple others said he looks like he has completely regressed to what he was his rookie year. Hate saying it but it looks like he got that contract and checked out.

I may disagree a bit, he looks like he’s trying to me. At least

Mario Williams looks like he checked out after getting paid a few years ago, showed no effort

Not sure what is going on with Grant. He did have some issues with drops before but at least in previous seasons he would make some positive plays. This year everytime you hear his name it is usually for somehing negative.

Grant won't be here going forward- Miami will save $3M by cutting him after June 1st.

Name 1 player on this team that hasn't regressed this season. We need to stop finding a new person to start a thread about after each game. This team is trying to find their identity and every single one of them is playing beneath their abilities.

He has 3 return TDs so far in his career. I’m not giving up on him but agree he’s looked bad through 3 games this year.

I was never sold on him. Hindsight is great but his hands and size were a valid concern when the team signed him. Being quick can only get you so far.

And where are all the posters who defended this extension??? I hear crickets

Sure I'll defend it. It goes like this. Miami has an historically awful o-line. They've played three almost certain playoff teams, two of which may meet in the Superbowl. His full body of work shows he can be a versatile threat, in the run, pass and special teams. Three games against teams with far superior talent do not make a career. His cap hit is very modest and he could be cut without any significant implications, particularly since this team may have as much as $150 million in cap space next year. Let the year play out. If the line could ever get to just below average, you might see those explosive plays again.

Back
Top Bottom