Jakeem Grant Return Issues | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant Return Issues

Jakeem's main competition for the KR and PR responsibilities in Training Camp was actually Noah Igbinoghene.

Flores has evidently given up on Howard; I think he may give up on Grant as well. He just needs the rookies to learn their assignments first.

As far as removing him from punt returns, it's so past time for that.

I always rooted for him. But after the muff and 4 years it's time to move on. PR KR WR he hasn't done **** lately. He is definitely on the hot seat.

Take the $1.8 million cap hit and send him on his speedy way next year And why did we pay Jordan Howard almost $5million a year ?

Look..Grant is what he is at this stage.
He part of the skillset positions that we won't be able to upgrade until next season.

The trenches upgrade was the priorit this season..
Agree, but that's not even the issue at this point. There are guys bagging groceries that have a less limited skillset. I know there are guys already on this team that wouldn't do worse.

Maybe he needs something to slow his mind down. It's almost like anxiety is making him too tense. He's ultra fast, but seldom has the opportunity to really show it. His body twitch is so quick that he often stumbles and trips himself up. You also can see him really wanting to explode but doesn't secure the ball first.
If he could calm down a little, he could be great. It's difficult to watch him field punts right now, but I think he can fix it.
The guys in , what, his fifth season, and has had several coaches, including 2 very good ST staffs, work with him.

Yeah,...... There's not much "fixing" at this point. I really like the guy, too. Hard worker (by all accounts), team guy, etc., but it's time to go a different direction.

He keeps thinking about the home run play but he will redeem himself eventually.
Having a good play once every 3 weeks, and housing it once a year is not redemption for otherwise inconsistent play.

These are not knee jerk, emotional reactions here. This is do what's best for the team, even though it may be distasteful to some.

Give him a break. Very little returns even happening anymore between punts and kickoffs so there's little chance to get a rhythm.

Rhythm? I just want him to catch the ball cleanly.

I've seen him make some ridiculous catches just on the first few games...

Ridiculous catches??? You mean catching passes that would be too short for a regular sized WR?

Yeah it was an unfortunate muff.....

Admit it, every punt you hold your breath when he catches it because the muffs are more consistent. Every Kick-off you are saying to yourself "just down it in the endzone" hoping he doesn't run it out to the 15 or 20 before he's pounded. And when he does catch it clean, you whisper to your pillow "just run forward, not back for negative yards".

He was by far the worse player on Sunday. Cost his team field position and a drive killing first down. I'd like to see someone else man the pr/kr duties after the bye.

I've defended him quite a bit. He sucks. He hasn't even gotten close to breaking anything in a good amount of time, muffs punts and can't catch. Let Bowden and Perry take his spot.

This reminds me of the Preston Williams thread. The moron that started that thread looks like a fool now. I agree JG hasn’t played well on PRs but you know he’s gonna take one back vs the Jets and make everyone eat their words. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom