Jakeem Grant Return Issues | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant Return Issues

Litecoin Dolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I like Grant as a player. Fiery as hell loves to play the game but I feel returning isn't his strong suit. He struggles to get going and is very indecisive with his paths, I understand he's trying to make something happen when there may not be much there though. It seems like he also struggles a bit too often when securing the ball. I think they gotta let someone else get a few shots as a returner and utilize his talents more on offense via end arounds, screens, quick slants etc. Whats everyones take on Grant?

I've defended him for a while now as I've seen him make some good plays. He has the most return TD's in Dolphins history, so I get why he's back there.

But I've seen him muff so many punts (hehe...muff) that I'm done with him. Time to give someone else more snaps.

He’s lucky he caught that first punt considering how extended his arms were away from his body on the play. Real lucky.

and if you don’t like backwards fielding attempts inside the 5 that clank off the face mask essentially you aren’t living. Lol

Unfortunately he’s going to start costing the Fins games eventually. It’s just a matter of time. He’s gotten worse every game this year. Too much of a liability. Time to find someone else for returns.

Look..Grant is what he is at this stage.
He part of the skillset positions that we won't be able to upgrade until next season.

The trenches upgrade was the priorit this season..

We don’t ever get to see his speed because he’s shuffling too much, he doesn’t take returns back in angles he does it by eluding bodies..it’s a bad recipe..

Like to see what Bowden jr can do..

The front office needs to see what they can get for him at the trade deadline so they can bring in someone with a higher football IQ for return duties. Bringing kickoffs out of the end zone, muffing punts, running backwards, just being an overall bonehead.

He is trying to do too much to fit in with the WR group and he is looking like a little brother trying to outdo the big brother. He needs to realize what he is and stay within himself.

All the hype over his speed and the 4 return TD's over 4 plus seasons have kept him relevant in too many people's minds. Including on this board. He is a liability at this point and his three bad plays yesterday were overshadowed by an otherwise dominant performance by the rest of the team.

Give him a break. Very little returns even happening anymore between punts and kickoffs so there's little chance to get a rhythm.
I've seen him make some ridiculous catches just on the first few games so this "drops too many" narrative never gets proven on the field. Yeah it was an unfortunate muff.....but saying he drops everything is dumb. I wish they would use his speed and throw down the freaking field! We rarely go for anything deep. Most likely QB limitation but when you have someone that fast you gotta use it from time to time.

Give him a break. Very little returns even happening anymore between punts and kickoffs so there's little chance to get a rhythm.
I've seen him make some ridiculous catches just on the first few games so this "drops too many" narrative never gets proven on the field. Yeah it was an unfortunate muff.....but saying he drops everything is dumb. I wish they would use his speed and throw down the freaking field! We rarely go for anything deep. Most likely QB limitation but when you have someone that fast you gotta use it from time to time.

He's terrible on punts. KOs not many opportunities but even with the ones he gets, his YPR are at the bottom of the league

Back
Top Bottom