Jakeem Grant Return Issues | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant Return Issues

I like Grant as a player. Fiery as hell loves to play the game but I feel returning isn't his strong suit. He struggles to get going and is very indecisive with his paths, I understand he's trying to make something happen when there may not be much there though. It seems like he also struggles a bit too often when securing the ball. I think they gotta let someone else get a few shots as a returner and utilize his talents more on offense via end arounds, screens, quick slants etc. Whats everyones take on Grant?
He’s taken both punts and KOs to the house in his career. His issue is fielding punts cleanly.

Give him a break. Very little returns even happening anymore between punts and kickoffs so there's little chance to get a rhythm.
I've seen him make some ridiculous catches just on the first few games so this "drops too many" narrative never gets proven on the field. Yeah it was an unfortunate muff.....but saying he drops everything is dumb. I wish they would use his speed and throw down the freaking field! We rarely go for anything deep. Most likely QB limitation but when you have someone that fast you gotta use it from time to time.
Going into the 9ers game he was targeted 9 times and caught 8. That’s damn good. He catches the football when thrown to him.

Going into the 9ers game he was targeted 9 times and caught 8. That’s damn good. He catches the football when thrown to him.
I agree the criticism is compounded by his struggles in the return game but those numbers seem off just from memory. Maybe they didn't credit him with a "drop" on some close ones. If those numbers are correct, of course those are great figures. He certainly has made some great catches.

I like Grant. He’d have a place on my team any day. He has a huge heart. He plays bigger than he is. He has game changing quickness and speed. He takes some balls to the house from anywhere on the field every year. He’s a no 5 WR and a potential game breaker on ST or w a gimmick play. What’s not to like about having a guy like that on your team on the relatively cheap?

I'm losing patience with Grant. I would like to see if his production increases if Tua gets in a couple of games this year.

I like Grant. He’d have a place on my team any day. He has a huge heart. He plays bigger than he is. He has game changing quickness and speed. He takes some balls to the house from anywhere on the field every year. He’s a no 5 WR and a potential game breaker on ST or w a gimmick play. What’s not to like about having a guy like that on your team on the relatively cheap?
I tend to agree.

He just needs to get out of his head and display sure hands on returns.

I can't take the "almost murdering us" moments after we make a stop.

And I definitely don't want him murdering us after a stop.

I tend to agree.

He just needs to get out of his head and display sure hands on returns.

I can't take the "almost murdering us" moments after we make a stop.

And I definitely don't want him murdering us after a stop.
We used to put Landry back there on deep in our own end punts. A lot of teams do that type of thing. Perhaps we can put a more sure handed, but less dynamic runner back there on punts we expect to field inside of our 20?

We used to put Landry back there on deep in our own end punts. A lot of teams do that type of thing. Perhaps we can put a more sure handed, but less dynamic runner back there on punts we expect to field inside of our 20?
I'm for it. But not a starter!

And if it's a young guy, he's going to end up with the full time gig if Jakeem keeps bobbling it (even if he's at midfield).

Back
Top Bottom