Jakeem Grant | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

He's the #5 WR on our original depth chart if Albert Wilson and Allen Hurns did not opt out. He's forced to play more this season. I don't have a problem having him as our #5.

he normally makes two play per season and he made them both last night so he's done for the year....lol

For a no 5 WR he gives you more than Hurns or Ford. That end around wasn’t a garden variety one like when we used to do it w Landry. That speed and cut back ability got him 15 more yards than someone not as fast / quick would have gotten. His catch and awareness was a great play too.

For a no 5 WR he gives you more than Hurns or Ford. That end around wasn’t a garden variety one like when we used to do it w Landry. That speed and cut back ability got him 15 more yards than someone not as fast / quick would have gotten. His catch and awareness was a great play too.

I get that Grant's speed offers an element that Hurns or Ford don't have (though Ford's ability to move the chains is more helpful than Grant). But since Grant is a one trick pony too often teams sniff out those end arounds and instead of being 20 yard gains they end up being 5 yard losses. That's the problem with Grant being one dimensional.

Wow! If we are nit-picking about our 5th WR option then we either have too much time on our hands or our top four targets are STUDS! I would be more concerned about Devante Parker's durability then what Grant has done this year so far. Suggestion for the coaching staff: run Grant on a bunch of 9 routes throughout the game. He will move the safeties out of the middle opening-up space for the other big three targets and also might get some deep game-breaking opportunities over the top. And yes, throw in a couple of reverses every game to keep the defense off-balance.

Grant had 1 run for 29 yards on a nice reverse and 1 reception for 19 that was a tough catch, 2 kickoff returns and 2 punt returns averaged 15.5 and 14 and you never know if he going to bust one for a TD so I don't mind him trying, only downside was a bobble on a punt that he did bring in, I say so far he's done a good job and deserves even more shots with the offense, it's hard for defenses to contain him with that 4.2 something speed. Hurns, Ford and Wilson are all different players and good at what they do and bring to the table.

2 offensive plays for 50 yards - nice

I get that Grant's speed offers an element that Hurns or Ford don't have (though Ford's ability to move the chains is more helpful than Grant). But since Grant is a one trick pony too often teams sniff out those end arounds and instead of being 20 yard gains they end up being 5 yard losses. That's the problem with Grant being one dimensional.
Fair enough. I still think the playmaking ability in both the kicking game and gadget plays is worth his roster spot.

Grant is going to drive you nuts at times with his backwards running on punt returns and he is going to run balls out of the end zone that he shouldn’t.......and he is going to make you crazy.

Then, he is going to bust a big play on special teams or on an end around......and we are all going to be glad he is our #5 receiver

He is what he is........But for me, I have no problem with him being out there.

Grant is going to drive you nuts at times with his backwards running on punt returns and he is going to run balls out of the end zone that he shouldn’t.......and he is going to make you crazy.

Then, he is going to bust a big play on special teams or on an end around......and we are all going to be glad he is our #5 receiver

He is what he is........But for me, I have no problem with him being out there.
He is also one of the few guys on the team with true speed, and it, unlike some, is football speed.

I don't have a huge issue with him, but he has limitations as a reciever, and I can see an upgrade in the future.

Jakeem Grant has speed but is a garbage football player.

When Tua plays it wouldn't shock me to see Grant have a better game or 2.

Like Awsi said earlier in the thread, 15 yards out when Grant is about to get open Tua will loft it out to him and let him run under it. Fitz can't or doesn't do that. Everything he throws is hard line drives.

Jakeem Grant has speed but is a garbage football player.
Seriously?! After all the wrs this team has given serious playing time in the last 20 years you think Grant is "a garbage football player"
This is seriously an absurd thing to say.
If he were just a return guy and gave absolutely nothing on offense he would not be "garbage".
His numbers align rather well with his snap usage.
You're a grade A poster though brother keep up the good work, I'll make sure to leave the post notification on so I don't miss a single take.
Btw Marlon Moore, Greg Cam, Marcus Vick, Matt Hazel, Leonte Caroo, Brice Butler, Derek Hagan, all say hi!!

Back
Top Bottom