Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not?

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
The kid is developing super fast this season. I really dont wanna get caught napping again. Stephen Ross was the smartest guy in the room in April 2018 and no one listened to him.
Hurts got a later start to his development than Lamar Jackson but Jackson has changed the playing field. All QBs need development in the NFL, but few possess the athleticism and moxie of Hurts.

My spidey sense is tingling on this one.

Two reasons... both of which you will disagree with.

1) He isn't an NFL QB. He doesn't throw well enough. He is run first.
2) Too high, even if you want to build an offense around his skillset. He will fall farther than this.

The kid is developing super fast this season. I really dont wanna get caught napping again. Stephen Ross was the smartest guy in the room in April 2018 and no one listened to him.
Hurts got a later start to his development than Lamar Jackson but Jackson has changed the playing field. All QBs need development in the NFL, but few possess the athleticism and moxie of Hurts.

Hey dude, I got this great looking bridge I wanna show you. It’s for sale and I’m gonna give you a great deal on it. Not only that, I’m gonna throw in.......................

I really, really like Jalen Hurts. But at the moment, he looks more like an athlete playing QB. He needs a lot of development and refinement. I love the leadership and determination he brings to the field. Unfortunately he needs too much work to be considered a First Round Talent. If Miami is interested in Hurts, I hope they'll wait until after the 1st round, because the 2020 draft is loaded with CB, DL and WR talent all needs as well.

How stupid you feel if he goes 1st round after we take another 'safe' player like Wilkins or Charles Harris and his NFL development happens as fast as his development this season?

What are his strengths as a passer? I haven't watched much of Hurts this season. Does he fit our system based on what we've seen from O'shea to this point? While that might be slightly irrelevant as I'm sure the scheme changes as the roster changes.....

Someone will draft him in the first round unless he takes a step back. We'll see how his season plays out.

How stupid you feel if he goes 1st round after we take another 'safe' player like Wilkins or Charles Harris and his NFL development happens as fast as his development this season?

I‘m gonna bet I’m one of the smart ones when it comes to Jalen. No thanks

He have done same thing Bakersfield and murry have done. He is worth taking chance. These 4 qb in college playoff are all good. It all depends on where hurt get draft by. Team in 20s are better for hurt than top 5 team. That need help all over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom