Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not?

First, Hurts is no where near the level of runner Lamar Jackson is...not even on the same planet.

Second, Lamar Jackson had way more natural arm talent coming out. He was poorly coached at the postion while Hurts has received top notched coaching his whole career.

Third, HE does have issues as a QB, he tends to float the ball on passes and and really doesn't have a ton of responsibility in presnap. He does work half field reads, but rarely (never) does he need to go through a full progression. Finally, he does not have the best accuracy as a QB and tends to get bailed out by some elite talent at WR.

I liked Lamar and was dissapoonted we didn't take him. I also like Hurts. May it be so.

Do u think he is better than Rosen?

They are different...Both process things slowly and both have limitations in what they were asked to do in college. Rosen has better arm talent and Hurts is a better athlete. I would have like to see what Rosen could have done in a offense like Oklahoma's though.

No, we do not need to reach for anybody. If someone falls in the draft we grab him

Missing out on Jackson wasn't some big failure...he wasn't evaluated really high by ANY team. He had just enough raw QB talent to be interesting, so the Ravens took a shot, and brought in THE guy to craft the offense around his talents, and coached him up hard. He's not the standard, he's an anomaly...they don't happen often.

Hurts isn't on Jackson's level when he was drafted. Not nearly as talented.

Why not? Because he can’t make nfl throws and I don’t want a runningback at QB.

Just cause Lamar Jackson is killing it right now doesn’t mean every guy like that is going to do the same. Jackson in college was a better runner and passer than Hurts imo.

TBH, this is where the game is headed. You gotta think progressively and not prehistorically at this point. Jalen can throw. And he throws well too. And he runs well too. Our QB right now runs well too.

Why not? Because he can’t make nfl throws and I don’t want a runningback at QB.

Just cause Lamar Jackson is killing it right now doesn’t mean every guy like that is going to do the same. Jackson in college was a better runner and passer than Hurts imo.

but Jalen has huge upside as well.

Missing out on Jackson wasn't some big failure...he wasn't evaluated really high by ANY team. He had just enough raw QB talent to be interesting, so the Ravens took a shot, and brought in THE guy to craft the offense around his talents, and coached him up hard. He's not the standard, he's an anomaly...they don't happen often.

Hurts isn't on Jackson's level when he was drafted. Not nearly as talented.

I had him rated high and wanted Lamar. The thing is. People gotta stop looking at players in college and trying to figure out whether he can translate to NFL. You gotta look at the talent first. If you have good coaches you have alot to work with.

TBH, this is where the game is headed. You gotta think progressively and not prehistorically at this point. Jalen can throw. And he throws well too. And he runs well too. Our QB right now runs well too.

???? He throws well?..

Jalen Hurts sucks. People get all excited about college numbers, especially when paired with athleticism, but fail to look at whether or not the guy really has passing skills. I haven't watched an Oklahoma game this year where they didn't completely physically outmatch their opponent in every aspect, and the close games they were in usually revolved around Hurts making some inexplicable plays to let the opponent back in, while the defense eventually sealed the game with sheer physical dominance that stopped opponent's plays before they started.

Dwayne Haskins made more plays with his arm in college and he is playing exactly like I imagined he would in the NFL - terrible. And Haskins is a guy who at least has the physical tools you look for, even if he isn't a gifted real passer either. Hurts doesn't.

You don't draft a Jalen Hurts in the first round. You draft him in the midrounds to be a guy you can keep in your system for three years and hope that when your starter gets hurt he can come in and nurse your team to a few wins.

They are different...Both process things slowly and both have limitations in what they were asked to do in college. Rosen has better arm talent and Hurts is a better athlete. I would have like to see what Rosen could have done in a offense like Oklahoma's though.

I would have liked to see what Rosen could do in an offense that at least schemes open receivers like Arizona. Of course he contributes with his legs but arm wise Rosen would have accomplished just as much as Murray in Arizona this year.

Back
Top Bottom