Jamar Chase Smackdown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Chase Smackdown

I completely agree with him. Chase is good, but I would take waddle and smith over him. He is like landry after the catch, but doesn't run as good of routes. I wouldn't take him in top 10. Just making opinion

And you think keeping drafting OL in the first and second round is the way to go? I mean, If they go the Sewell route, he'll be the 6th OL the Fins draft in a span of 2 drafts. I get not drafting for need but at some point, this OL overkill has to stop, at least until you actually know what you have.
Ask KC how the Superbowl worked out for them without their OL/OTs? Can't block, cannot win, its really that simple.

I think the best way to maximize the pick is to trade down. Ironically, Miami could get a Tunsil like return, or something close to that.

If Atlanta is a trade partner, Miami could swap spots and still get Sewell. But I don't think that's likely.

Can Sewell drop as far as six if Philadelphia is in play? Maybe if Cincinnati takes Chase.

The player I want most in this draft is Smith, but Sewell is a better prospect than Tunsil IMO.
I just don't see any scenario where we get a "Tunsil" haul, or anything close, to trade down just a few spots.

I notice you said need v value, rather than need v BPA.

To me that indicates a subtle and interesting distinction coming from you, as you normally choose your words carefully (compliment). Just wondering if that was purposeful, or do you see the terms as interchangeable?
Its always been about value for me... let me re-phrase that, its always been about expected value. Im not very good at evaluating players and their NFL projections, neither are NFL GMs btw, so there's really no way for me to really implement a BPA optimal strategy... Neither should GMs btw. All you have to do to understand that BPA is flawed is ask the simple question, "Is a generational, never seen before kicker becomes available in the draft, does he warrant a 1st round pick?"

Of course not. Why?

Anyone with a brain can come up with that anwser. So with that in mind, there are 2 ovious truths, QB is the most valuable position in the NFL and kicker/punter/LS are probably at the bottom of the range. Thats the easy part. In order to implement a best player available strategy, you need to add positional value to the equation.

There are certainly a thousand ways you could go about it. ie. My main framework was to assume the salary cap was the #1 limiting factor to the amount talent you can have on your team at any given moment. All we need now is how much different positions cost against the cap given their abilities and what kind of players an average GM is picking at every draft position.

EV = (%W * $W) – (%L * $L)

In this particular context, we remove the last part of the equation because, losing a draft pick doesnt count against your cap and every team are given the same amount of draft picks every year.

It simply becomes a matter the (odds you think a player becomes verybad, bad, meh, average, good, very good, great all time great, whatever) X the money he saves you on his rookie deal, allowing you to add more talent to your team.

Of course there's no scientifc way to nail these numbers down to anything resembling precise figures. But again, GMs havent proved to be good talent evaluators either when it comes to projecting college players to the NFL level.

So yeah, I ****ing knew I'd end up writing a whole chapter when I saw your post. Thats an half an hour I'll never get back... Thanks Mach! LOL

I just don't see any scenario where we get a "Tunsil" haul, or anything close, to trade down just a few spots.
I've seen a projection for a Philadelphia trade that includes a 2021 #1, 2021 #2, 2021 #3 and 2022 #1.

For Atlanta, not sure. Maybe an additional #2 pick?

I still think Carolina is the best trade partner, but that might be an iffy spot if Miami wants to come away with one of the top three receivers.

Its always been about value for me... let me re-phrase that, its always been about expected value. Im not very good at evaluating players and their NFL projections, neither are NFL GMs btw, so there's really no way for me to really implement a BPA optimal strategy... Neither should GMs btw. All you have to do to understand that BPA is flawed is ask the simple question, "Is a generational, never seen before kicker becomes available in the draft, does he warrant a 1st round pick?"

Of course not. Why?

Anyone with a brain can come up with that anwser. So with that in mind, there are 2 ovious truths, QB is the most valuable position in the NFL and kicker/punter/LS are probably at the bottom of the range. Thats the easy part. In order to implement a best player available strategy, you need to add positional value to the equation.

There are certainly a thousand ways you could go about it. ie. My main framework was to assume the salary cap was the #1 limiting factor to the amount talent you can have on your team at any given moment. All we need now is how much different positions cost against the cap given their abilities and what kind of players an average GM is picking at every draft position.

EV = (%W * $W) – (%L * $L)

In this particular context, we remove the last part of the equation because, losing a draft pick doesnt count against your cap and every team are given the same amount of draft picks every year.

It simply becomes a matter the (odds you think a player becomes verybad, bad, meh, average, good, very good, great all time great, whatever) X the money he saves you on his rookie deal, allowing you to add more talent to your team.

Of course there's no scientifc way to nail these numbers down to anything resembling precise figures. But again, GMs havent proved to be good talent evaluators either when it comes to projecting college players to the NFL level.

So yeah, I ****ing knew I'd end up writing a whole chapter when I saw your post. Thats an half an hour I'll never get back... Thanks Mach! LOL
I found it to be worth your time....lol.

It isn't nearly as variable as Drake's equation on the number of civilizations in the universe, but yeah, impossible to put in precise values.

Then again, if it werent, teams would just hire mathmatics PHDs.

“The Clemson national championship game, AJ Terrell, when theyre in press, AJ Terrell had his way with jamarr chase”

is an actual quote from this guy in the OP video

In the first 60 seconds of this video, jamarr chase cooks AJ Terrell in press man coverage 3 times

First play: 52 yard touchdown from the boundary.

Second play: 57 yard catch from the slot. AJ Terrell tackles him on the 2 yard line

Third play: 14 yard touchdown from the boundary.

every single one of these plays features press man coverage. AJ Terrell vs Jamarr chase.

jamarr chase might be the top player this year that folks have a blind spot on. I don’t think the NFL let’s him slip far.

Good god, maybe if that corner had any ball skills that could’ve been a little different

embarrassing

I don't like how he stops his feet in pass pro, but he will be what 21 when the season starts? Lots to learn with huge potential
It's nice to imagine the extra time Tua would have to throw the football and for receivers to get open.

It would require moving parts on the offensive line. I'd put Sewell at RT, move Hunt to RG and move Kindley to LG.

I've seen a projection for a Philadelphia trade that includes a 2021 #1, 2021 #2, 2021 #3 and 2022 #1.

For Atlanta, not sure. Maybe an additional #2 pick?

I still think Carolina is the best trade partner, but that might be an iffy spot if Miami wants to come away with one of the top three receivers.
Yeah...........

Not big on projections. I try to look at the from the other side.

Would you do that if you were the Eagles? I would not, unless possibly it was for Lawrence.

Even if I were to say yes, there's just as much chance that the jests could either take the QB they had their eye on, or even make the trade themselves, skipping us entirely.

Not saying any of that wiil or will not happen, I'm just not going to put much stock into projections the seem unrealistic.

Good god, maybe if that corner had any ball skills that could’ve been a little different

embarrassing
I always thought AJ Terrell was over rated, however he did go on to be the #16 overall pick and have a decent rookie season.

Yeah...........

Not big on projections. I try to look at the from the other side.

Would you do that if you were the Eagles? I would not, unless possibly it was for Lawrence.

Even if I were to say yes, there's just as much chance that the jests could either take the QB they had their eye on, or even make the trade themselves, skipping us entirely.

Not saying any of that wiil or will not happen, I'm just not going to put much stock into projections the seem unrealistic.

They could go Trey Lance and not move. He's a better prospect than Wentz coming out of North Dakota State.

Back
Top Bottom