Jamar Chase Smackdown | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Chase Smackdown

“The Clemson national championship game, AJ Terrell, when theyre in press, AJ Terrell had his way with jamarr chase”

is an actual quote from this guy in the OP video

In the first 60 seconds of this video, jamarr chase cooks AJ Terrell in press man coverage 3 times

First play: 52 yard touchdown from the boundary.

Second play: 57 yard catch from the slot. AJ Terrell tackles him on the 2 yard line

Third play: 14 yard touchdown from the boundary.

every single one of these plays features press man coverage. AJ Terrell vs Jamarr chase.

jamarr chase might be the top player this year that folks have a blind spot on. I don’t think the NFL let’s him slip far.

lol that's brutal. In what universe can that other guy say Chase couldn't beat press in this game. Absolutely incredible.

"Well, except for a few big plays and TDs!", I guess he'd reply.

They could go Trey Lance and not move. He's a better prospect than Wentz coming out of North Dakota State.
Given that they are in at least a partial rebuild, I don't think they would be interested in giving up high picks, and I believe they are going to give Hurts a chance before doing anything more drastic than they already have.

They already put their cap situation in the toilet with Wentz. If they now trade away their high picks, they are looking down the barrel of perennial bottom dweller.

My hope is they add a top tier WR in free agency. That way they will be able to select Sewell at 3, which will be a vast upgrade to the offensive line. Then they can take an edge rusher, RB, and another WR with their next 3 picks in the top 50.

Good god, maybe if that corner had any ball skills that could’ve been a little different

embarrassing

Chase did what he needed to do. But alot of that seemed like a lack of awareness on the corners part more than anything else. Can Chase consistently seperate at the next level?
He likes to use his hands which is fine. But in the NFL those corners are easily going ot be able to run with him and turn their heads to locate the ball alot better.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that Miami sucks at drafting OL. IMO, even their 1st round picks weren't difference-makers. In the past decade, it didn't matter how many 1st round picks they had on the O-line, they still were one of the worst lines in the league. They used 1st round picks on Pouncey, James, and Tunsil, yet it didn't help so IMO those picks were wasted. (At least they made a killing trading away Tunsil!) Every OL drafted after the 1st round has been below average or a bust (Jonathan Martin, Dallas Thomas for example). I forget his name, but there was a guy drafted a few years back who was supposed to be a tough, physical OL but was soon gone. What's up with Dieter? And now they have Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley; three rookies who may or may not improve. The talk after the draft was that these new guys were "maulers" and would be good in the running game, but their run-blocking wasn't very impressive.

Miami needs to replace the guys who evaluate and choose OL, or just build a line using Free Agents. Every other team seems to draft competent OL outside of the 1st round, yet Miami can't even build an average line using 1st round picks!

Stick to last season, none of those players played for us. And most of the players you pointed out that we drafted ended up making a difference in other teams.

Offensive line rankings have a few factors, but don't blame the draft picks for the rest of the offensive line. If anything we actually don't suck at drafting offensive linemen, we suck at building offensive lines. Flowers isn't something I have issues with on being on the team but this season he will be 7th highest paid guard. We drafted Jackson in the 1st round last season, somewhat not as impactful in his rookie year, but he was the best offensive lineman drafted when he was available to us. Thomas, Jackson, and Lewis were drafted to play at left tackle. Considering Jackson was rated to have a high ceiling potential, and be less pro ready he did very well. We drafted Hunt to play guard, but later put him to play right tackle. He ranked 7th in right tackle grading after week 12 in the league. Kindley was drafted in the 4th round, and ended up starting for us. So overall, we drafted 3 rookie OL that ended up starting for us, and we improved as a team with a 10 win season. Without a star in our offensive line we actually did better, but still ranked 28th in the league. We didn't expected any of these players to be " difference makers".

My hope is they add a top tier WR in free agency. That way they will be able to select Sewell at 3, which will be a vast upgrade to the offensive line. Then they can take an edge rusher, RB, and another WR with their next 3 picks in the top 50.

If we are trying to improve our cap, we don't want to be stuck with another Parker contract later.

Chase did what he needed to do. But alot of that seemed like a lack of awareness on the corners part more than anything else. Can Chase consistently seperate at the next level?
This is the time of year the experts and half -informed geniuses begin to trick themselves into believing their own agenda. Anybody saying Devonta beats press coverage light years ahead of Jamarr is smoking that good cabbage. My only concern with Chase is time away. Nothing more.

Against Iggy, AJ Terrell and Trevon Diggs, Chase caught 23 passes for 484. Those defenses played press and he beat them with upper body strength. Even when DB'S use inside leverage he gets inside of them which says that he can force a two way go even when leverage is taken away. He works slants, crossing and vertical routes equally well. He would be a beast in my opinion. (I love Chase, Smith and Waddle).

My opinion, do your own research. These analysts = paralysis.

Smith was much better vs press than Chase. It's not close.
Don’t know if he projects better long term in the NFL against press. Love them both, but it seems that Chase taking a year off has made people’s memory get short about how good he is. And he did what he did without guys sitting out for covid reasons.

...it's sort of like ---- Chase me if you can!

and it's way too easy to break a stick man!

>>> sorry. Just playing.

:bobdole:

If we are trying to improve our cap, we don't want to be stuck with another Parker contract later.
If you want dollar value picks on offense, you’d draft 8 OL. But eventually you have to have guys that can make scoring plays.

Yeah...........

Not big on projections. I try to look at the from the other side.

Would you do that if you were the Eagles? I would not, unless possibly it was for Lawrence.

Even if I were to say yes, there's just as much chance that the jests could either take the QB they had their eye on, or even make the trade themselves, skipping us entirely.

Not saying any of that wiil or will not happen, I'm just not going to put much stock into projections the seem unrealistic.
Honestly, if I'm Philadelphia I'm looking at Pitts. Give Hurts a full year with some weapons. If he plays poorly, it's likely that Eagles pick is high in 2022.

But, it really comes down to how the teams view the quarterbacks. If Lawrence, Wilson and Fields are viewed as potential franchise quarterbacks, Miami will have offers.

If the Dolphins can't find a trade partner, then Sewell is definitely in play. Along with Chase and Smith I would think.

Don’t know if he projects better long term in the NFL against press. Love them both, but it seems that Chase taking a year off has made people’s memory get short about how good he is. And he did what he did without guys sitting out for covid reasons.

Chase is great. If you want to rank Chase, Smith, Waddle, and Pitts in any order, I'm really not going to argue with you. If you feel really convicted about any of them, I'll say you're probably right.

But, Chase doesn't beat press efficiently or with any real technique or plan, and he's not particularly good in general early in his routes. He's awesome downfield, and he's awesome after the catch. He knows how to separate late, and that's the big thing that makes him more than a jump-ball receiver. With his talent, I think he'll improve on his weaknesses.

But, Smith eats up press from future Top-5 picks. DB's rarely get their hands on D. Adams at the LOS. His size doesn't really come into play with regard to how he beats press. Smith is quicker and much more refined than Adam's was coming out. Anyone can say his weight is a concern for any reason you like, but his work vs press shouldn't really be a question or concern. If the DB touches the WR at the LOS, he's won the exchange as long as he can keep his balance. Good NFL WR's don't get into wrestling matches at the LOS.

Honestly, if I'm Philadelphia I'm looking at Pitts. Give Hurts a full year with some weapons. If he plays poorly, it's likely that Eagles pick is high in 2022.

But, it really comes down to how the teams view the quarterbacks. If Lawrence, Wilson and Fields are viewed as potential franchise quarterbacks, Miami will have offers.

If the Dolphins can't find a trade partner, then Sewell is definitely in play. Along with Chase and Smith I would think.
I agree. But its a new coaching staff in Philly. The allegiance to Hurst may be short lived. I understand the F/O in Philadelphia is steadfastly behind the guy they took. But it could be they hedge their bets by taking another QB in the draft.

Last edited:
I agree. But its a new coaching staff in Philly. The allegiance to Hurst may be short lived. I understand the F/O in Philadelphia is steadfastly behind the guy they took. But it could be they edge their bets by taking another QB in the draft.

I think Philly would draft a QB if he were to fall, but they have an aging, expensive roster, and they need those resources to surround Hurts and the new QB. They need some roster reconstruction to give a QB a fighting chance, so they'd be jumping the gun imo. Sucks Hurts is in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom