Jamar Chase Smackdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Chase Smackdown

Pandarilla

Active Roster
Reaction score
@51:00

Reason goes the **** off on some dude saying Chase is the best receiver in the class. Must watch.

Aggressive message board guy personified

all jokes aside he ain’t alone that jaylen waddle ends up the best of the top 3. A lot feel that way.

Yeah I feel Chase is overrated and that Waddle would fit best with our supporting cast!
He would be a beast in the slot and he's already a monster on special teams
I wouldn't say Chase is overrated, kids a monster but I hear you in that's he's overrated for our team when Waddle is def a better fit!

Sewell and Bateman (or somehow Waddle if injury drops him) is the safest path to me. We can't afford to **** this up.

If we stop overdrafting for need, we'll end up with less needs.
Just wondering why you said Bateman? Just haven't analyzed him to the depth of some other WRs.

A quite glance appears to be a faster Boldin/AJ Brown type?

Sewell and Bateman (or somehow Waddle if injury drops him) is the safest path to me. We can't afford to **** this up.

If we stop overdrafting for need, we'll end up with less needs.
And you think keeping drafting OL in the first and second round is the way to go? I mean, If they go the Sewell route, he'll be the 6th OL the Fins draft in a span of 2 drafts. I get not drafting for need but at some point, this OL overkill has to stop, at least until you actually know what you have.

I don't have time to listen to this guy rant for hours, but I did listen to the part you pointed out. If he thinks Ja'Marr Chase had trouble against press ... LMAO, well he can't possibly rate Waddle and Smith!!!! That's just a total non-sequitur.

He loves Penei Sewell ... guess he doesn't want his tackles to run block. Good prospect as a pass protector, but there is a real argument that there are 3 top echelon OT's, and any of the three could turn out to be the best, and we will likely see at least one of them fall out of the top 10.

Watching Chase I see a very strong NFL prospect. If he is worried about beating press coverage--a very valid concern for any WR entering the NFL--then the conclusion should be that Chase is his preferred WR ... but for some reason, he ignores the indicators.

I don't have time to listen to this guy rant for hours, but I did listen to the part you pointed out. If he thinks Ja'Marr Chase had trouble against press ... LMAO, well he can't possibly rate Waddle and Smith!!!! That's just a total non-sequitur.

He loves Penei Sewell ... guess he doesn't want his tackles to run block. Good prospect as a pass protector, but there is a real argument that there are 3 top echelon OT's, and any of the three could turn out to be the best, and we will likely see at least one of them fall out of the top 10.

Watching Chase I see a very strong NFL prospect. If he is worried about beating press coverage--a very valid concern for any WR entering the NFL--then the conclusion should be that Chase is his preferred WR ... but for some reason, he ignores the indicators.
I'm with you on everything except for Sewell's run blocking. From what I've seen, he destroys people.

Back to Chase, I'd love it if Miami gets him, Smith or Waddle. I think Smith might be the best fit, but the Dolphins can't go wrong with any of these three.

Smith was much better vs press than Chase. It's not close.

I'm with you on everything except for Sewell's run blocking. From what I've seen, he destroys people.

Back to Chase, I'd love it if Miami gets him, Smith or Waddle. I think Smith might be the best fit, but the Dolphins can't go wrong with any of these three.
I agree about Sewell. That guy destroys people in the run game. Only thing I think he needs to work on is his technique in pass blocking. Right now he lets the rusher get into his body too much. He needs to get a more athletic base, widen the stance a little, bend the knees a touch more. Then strike first with a good punch. I think he can be a great pass blocker. He just needs better coaching.

I agree about Sewell. That guy destroys people in the run game. Only thing I think he needs to work on is his technique in pass blocking. Right now he lets the rusher get into his body too much. He needs to get a more athletic base, widen the stance a little, bend the knees a touch more. Then strike first with a good punch. I think he can be a great pass blocker. He just needs better coaching.
Good analysis. Even with those inconsistencies, he's only given up one sack in 20 college games.

And you think keeping drafting OL in the first and second round is the way to go? I mean, If they go the Sewell route, he'll be the 6th OL the Fins draft in a span of 2 drafts. I get not drafting for need but at some point, this OL overkill has to stop, at least until you actually know what you have.
I'm just torn here. I think we'd have Sewell 100% slotted in as our pick if we didn't reach at OT last year and picked a WR. And we don't have to draft a C early if we resign Karras. I would have definitely factor it into my thought process if we entered the draft w a giant hole at center. I agree we can't really afford to use two 1st/2nd rounders on Oline.

You've brought up how many picks we've spent on lineman but Dieter and Prince were busts. They're irrelevant to me. We've actually only come close to hitting on 3, and that's from starting a build from the absolute worst Oline I've ever seen. 100% rebuild there.

And we are very likely going to want to shed Flower's bloated contract next year, which will leave open a spot. We are in a perfect spot to have a line of Sewell, Kindley, Karras, Hunt, Jackson moving forward. We can search for a Karras replacement at some point.

I think adding Bateman and likely another 2nd round WR is enough to add in the draft. I've also been a proponent of adding an established WR like Samuel. I think Bateman is underrated and is not that far off from the "top 3" that most act like we are doomed at WR if we miss out on. But we could potentially add a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (Bowden) round WR in the past two drafts this way, so don't think I'm advocating to ignore the position.

I just think passing on the superior prospect at OT for WR is the reverse of what we did w Jackson/Jefferson last year (tho not as extreme). Feels like doubling down on our mistake. Maybe I need to get over that, but it was so obvious. I knew we were going OT even if Ceedee magically slipped to us. Not how u draft IMO.

If we go Chase/Smith I don't think it's some sort of terrible mistake. The upside might be higher and the "need fill" is better. I'm ok if we go that direction. How I feel about drafting them at 3 honestly seems to fluctuate from day to day. I read more and watch more tape and try to convince myself that either deserves to be the highest drafted receiver in 14 years.

But I'm also risk averse and don't like drafting for need. I will almost always prefer BPA. I said it before and it bore out with how we handled last draft.

If we stop drafting for need, we'll end up with less needs.

(I do respect ur opinion in the back and forth we've had on this subject. I don't deny our drafts will be corn heavy if we go the route I mentioned. If we do go Chase/Smith, I pray they live up to the pick. I want us to win, don't care if I'm right or wrong)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom