Jamar Chase Smackdown | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Chase Smackdown

Just trust your own eye balls and have a good weekend my friend.
He didn't fare as well against SEC big time corners. Clemson had a good front 7 not necessarily a great backfield, hence the outcome...

Chase is great. If you want to rank Chase, Smith, Waddle, and Pitts in any order, I'm really not going to argue with you. If you feel really convicted about any of them, I'll say you're probably right.

But, Chase doesn't beat press efficiently or with any real technique or plan, and he's not particularly good in general early in his routes. He's awesome downfield, and he's awesome after the catch. He knows how to separate late, and that's the big thing that makes him more than a jump-ball receiver. With his talent, I think he'll improve on his weaknesses.
Sorry. I completely disagree. He does use physicality to beat press coverage. That's not a bad thing. Can run every route efficiently and he attacks the ball. He's not super fast, but the season off I'll bet didn't affect his ability to get open. 3 of the best press coverage teams did not slow him down at all.

Preference I guess, but Chase is just about as complete as any WR in this draft. Smith is dynamic too. So is Waddle.

Guys, in the nfl there aren't many defenses that just plainly play press and man to man. Smart defenses play smart using cover 2 and zone or a mix of both. Neither of these receivers seen any of that.

Sorry. I completely disagree. He does use physicality to beat press coverage. That's not a bad thing. Can run every route efficiently and he attacks the ball. He's not super fast, but the season off I'll bet didn't affect his ability to get open. 3 of the best press coverage teams did not slow him down at all.

Preference I guess, but Chase is just about as complete as any WR in this draft. Smith is dynamic too. So is Waddle.
Your opinion, but many including myself disagree on Chase. LSU had a plethora of weapons and Chase could pick and choose when to turn it on and when to take a play off.

Not even pro dbs are strictly man to man. The nfl is in another level. Good safetys pick up the load against slot speedy guys. Base on how coverage is, this gives te more advantage on the field. That is why there is such an influx in tes like Kelsey etc.

How would he do against a defense like Tampa's? Run them over? Catch over them?

lol that's brutal. In what universe can that other guy say Chase couldn't beat press in this game. Absolutely incredible.

"Well, except for a few big plays and TDs!", I guess he'd reply.

Nah, he's a tape trader. He's probably basing it off of all of the games of the all22 footage. I think he's done an episode on it. I mean, that's the vibe I get. I still like him, I just like Waddle, Smith and Pitts more.

I agree. But its a new coaching staff in Philly. The allegiance to Hurst may be short lived. I understand the F/O in Philadelphia is steadfastly behind the guy they took. But it could be they edge their bets by taking another QB in the draft.
Could be, that's true, but usually in this situation, particularly with a young first time HC, he is hired to execute the vision of the GM. It's more likely, IMO, that Sirianni was hired specifically for Hurts, not the other way around, and was told about moving Wentz and moving on when he took the job.

I have no inside knowledge, but I do believe in the concept of Occam's Razor.

He didn't fare as well against SEC big time corners. Clemson had a good front 7 not necessarily a great backfield, hence the outcome...
Here’s another video of Jamarr chase having success against SEC press man coverage.

The best argument for Devonta smith defeating man coverage significantly better than jamarr chase is that there’s plenty more film of Devonta smith doing it.

in this video you’ll see CJ Henderson play Jamarr chase really well. However you’ll also see Jamarr chase have success playing inside. Many people are pigeon holing chase as strictly a boundary receiver which doesn’t make sense to me. He had great success inside in 2019.

Jamarr chase terrorized these cats across from him at 19 years old. Devonta smith is a damn good player. One of the best college football receivers I’ve laid eyes on. But to Pretend like these two belong in different stratospheres is insane to me.

Roger McCreary of Auburn played Jamarr chase really well. Roger McCreary is still in college. Jamarr chase however did find success against both him and Noah Igbinoghene.

neither one of these guys are worth the #3 overall pick most years. But teams w/ top 5 picks don’t typically have teams ready to compete but in need of receivers.

jamarr chase is a pretty safe bet. He’s Amari Cooper. He’s AJ brown.

truth be told, I don’t care for either at #3. It doesn’t check out on the “value chart”. However we’re an outlier. Most teams w/ the #3 picks don’t have the same needs and makeup as we do.

Last edited:
How would he do against a defense like Tampa's? Run them over? Catch over them?
Seriously? He has more game than just bullying people to get past press. There is so much more to his game. I think he will be just fine. You won't have to scheme him open. The narrative about him and press is not correct.

Your opinion, but many including myself disagree on Chase. LSU had a plethora of weapons and Chase could pick and choose when to turn it on and when to take a play off.
That's why we have opinions so we can offer all the great differences we have as humans. That said...the press coverage angle people are jumping on is...ridiculous in my opinion. You can like either Smith or anyone else. All good. I guess we will see. In any case I don't want any WR at 3. 6-8 is ideal for me.

That's why we have opinions so we can offer all the great differences we have as humans. That said...the press coverage angle people are jumping on is...ridiculous in my opinion. You can like either Smith or anyone else. All good. I guess we will see. In any case I don't want any WR at 3. 6-8 is ideal for me.
I am with you on the trade down. As for plethora of weapons Chase still got off and it's not like Smith doesn't play with the same type of players.

Here’s another video of Jamarr chase having success against SEC press man coverage.

The best argument for Devonta smith defeating man coverage significantly better than jamarr chase is that there’s plenty more film of Devonta smith doing it.

in this video you’ll see CJ Henderson play Jamarr chase really well. However you’ll also see Jamarr chase have success playing inside. Many people are pigeon holing chase as strictly a boundary receiver which doesn’t make sense to me. He had great success inside in 2019.

Jamarr chase terrorized these cats across from him at 19 years old. Devonta smith is a damn good player. One of the best college football receivers I’ve laid eyes on. But to Pretend like these two belong in different stratospheres is insane to me.

Roger McCreary of Auburn played Jamarr chase really well. Roger McCreary is still in college. Jamarr chase however did find success against both him and Noah Igbinoghene.

neither one of these guys are worth the #3 overall pick most years. But teams w/ top 5 picks don’t typically have teams ready to compete but in need of receivers.

jamarr chase is a pretty safe bet. He’s Amari Cooper. He’s AJ brown.

truth be told, I don’t care for either at #3. It doesn’t check out on the “value chart”. However we’re an outlier. Most teams w/ the #3 picks don’t have the same needs and makeup as we do.

Letting the CB get into your body = not what you want. Not efficient. You can argue that it's impressive that Chase is still able to win reps where he allows the CB to do this, but it's not a good example of Chase being good vs press.

Back
Top Bottom