Jamar Fletcher was SOLID | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher was SOLID

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What a difference a week makes. While I haven't watched the game tape yet, I can give my first impression. Fletcher manned up on his WR all day long. And he held his own. Miami controlled the Jet WRs. Very impressive.

The biggest telltale?? Never once today did I think of Patrick Surtain. That says a lot. Congrats Jamar.

Gotta disagree here...they threw once at Jamar and he got caught...the jets just don't throw downfield if they did he wouldve gotten beat...Moss was open a couple times too but vinny didnt get him the ball...Hey we killed the jets anyway..:lol:

Muck, what were you thinking starting this thread? You know as well as I that some of these fans have to have a "red haired step-child" on the team, and right now Fletcher is that guy for them...

Hell, Fletcher could have had 2 INTs, and people would just say "So what, Surtain would have had 4."

I'll have to wait and see how he did later because I don't know who's out to get him and who's out to over protect him. He had the penalty and the announcers didn't call his name in getting burnt so he didn't do horrible.

We also have to give some credit to Trent Gamble for stepping up in the nickle, covering the slot WR Chrebet. Who has been a Dolphin killer in the PAST. :shakeno:

Actually Trent Gamble was burnt by Chrebet over the middle of the field a few times. Santana Moss drew a P.I. call from Fletcher but don't feel too bad, Sam Madison drew a holding call on him too (and made a nice amount of contact downfield which could have been called pass interference). I worry about the fact that Santana was wide open a number of times but you know what thats gonna happen. John Madden wrote in his book that a lot of times the way the camera focuses when you're watchin a game on TV, audiences don't see the fact that usually there will be a lot of WRs getting open, the QB just doesn't see it and if the QB doesn't throw there the TV audience doesn't know it happened either.

This time around we just had some telecasters who were pointing out the two times that Santana got open. One of those times it was over the middle of the field deep down there while Vinny was being rushed by a Nickel CB Blitz, and Vinny incorrectly guessed which man would be the one open because of the blitz. He thought it should have been Chrebet open, but it was Santana. Thats just gonna happen, IMO...guys gettin open and the QB not seein it.

I give Jamar a relative A- because he gets deducted for the penalty, but also it is good to keep in mind that we went against the Paul Hackett offense. Hardly any throwing to the WRs is done in that offense, and Trent Gamble was a decidedly weaker link on the field than Jamar Fletcher so Fletcher wasn't being picked on like he would have with Madison and Surtain in the game.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Actually Trent Gamble was burnt by Chrebet over the middle of the field a few times.

and Trent Gamble was a decidedly weaker link on the field than Jamar Fletcher

Yes Gamble a third string saftey played the nickle corner and should have been picked on. But even getting burned a few times instead of letting Chrebet, a first string WR, kill us in the passing game is a pretty good performance in my opinion.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Fletcher did get a pass interference call.

so what, sam madison and surtain get them every week sometimes three in a row. im sick of hearing all thenegatives on this guy. give him some time to grow. you shouldnt excpect him to be perfect. he plays CB not LB.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Actually Trent Gamble was burnt by Chrebet over the middle of the field a few times.

You gotta admit though for a 4th corner being forced into the 3rd corner roll while playing ST's he played a pretty solid day though.

We will know next week for sure how Fletcher/Gamble will do especially if Surtain is still out. K.C. is an amazing running team so I figure we will be cheating our safeties a lot which means mucho man on man converage.

Originally posted by Muck
What a difference a week makes. While I haven't watched the game tape yet, I can give my first impression. Fletcher manned up on his WR all day long. And he held his own. Miami controlled the Jet WRs. Very impressive.

The biggest telltale?? Never once today did I think of Patrick Surtain. That says a lot. Congrats Jamar.

They let him play press coverage for most of the day, but the one time I noticed him playing back, he was an inch from taking that ball for a TD!! I think one of the biggest factors is that they had a whole week to get him prepared for HIS game, not having to be thrown into a fire like last week.

Good Game By Fletcher, and an even Better one by Shawn Wooden, he is playing in the Nickle and Dimes, and did really well today, not even counting the Int he had......

Re: Re: Jamar Fletcher was SOLID

Originally posted by Ozzy
Good Game By Fletcher, and an even Better one by Shawn Wooden, he is playing in the Nickle and Dimes, and did really well today, not even counting the Int he had......

Yup Wooden made a great grab that gave me some confidence about our safety depth with McGarrahan going through a rough season after giving him a 3 year deal to be a backup safety.

It was a horse **** call...

... and so was the holding call on Madison. Some of you see what you want to see. Fletcher shuts his side of the field down, and you still whine. Pitty you is all I have to say.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Fletcher did get a pass interference call.

Re: It was a horse **** call...

Originally posted by Oliver
... and so was the holding call on Madison. Some of you see what you want to see. Fletcher shuts his side of the field down, and you still whine. Pitty you is all I have to say.

Oliver...

I thought the call on Madison could have went either way, but that call on Fletcher was BS, the two were both stumbling, and correct me if I'm wrong but they looked out of bounds! And the Ball was out too!!

Looks like our DL came alive this week. Jason Taylor had a sack, FF, and FR. Adewale Ogunleye had a sack on 3rd and 3. Jay Williams got a sack as well. David Bowens made a great penetration play against the run. The Jets rushed for a total of 21 times for 59 yards (2.9 ypc).

In my opinion Edgerrin got the yards that he got because they spread out the field with 4 WRs a lot, and basically just let him pick lanes and shift and move in the open field against a spread out defense. And even so, it only helped them get 13 points. Priest Holmes did that against the Patriots this week but unlike Edge, his efforts helped his team come damn close to upsetting the super bowl champs.

We have to worry about Kansas City a little bit I think. Their WRs are fast, Tony Gonzales is the best, and Priest Holmes may be the best in the NFL. Gotta rattle Trent Green hardcore.

Back
Top Bottom