Jamar Fletcher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher

Chuck_Klingbeil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I thought he did a good job today, especially replacing an injured Sam Madison. For a guy who gets every mistake pointed out, I am going to point out the positives. He played a solid game.

Ya I guess, But Didn't Miami Try to sign fair to take his spot. & wasn't Fletcher guilty of a 20+ YD PASS INTERFERENCE CALL that gave the Lions 1st & goal?

It was a BS call. The ball was thrown out of the endzone. Shaquille O'Neal with Carl Lewis speed couldn't have come close.

I did see Jamar get beat by Bill Schroeder for what could have been a long TD. But McMahon didn't look his way.

It was interference though. He got in front of the WR and parked in front of him. You're just not allowed to do that. If he did it a bit more subtly he might have gotten away with it.

But I'd rather see him get an interference call like that than just see him get beat over and over again.

But you're not supposed to call PI if the ball is uncatchable. The ball was thrown way long and out of bounds. He didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it. It was physically impossible.

You Know Muck, you are right, Now that I think of it, the guy was never going to get that ball. Still, Jamar doesn't get to much respect from his coaches or they would have waived omar & green & kept searcy. which they may still sign

Originally posted by Wdolfan
You Know Muck, you are right, Now that I think of it, the guy was never going to get that ball. Still, Jamar doesn't get to much respect from his coaches or they would have waived omar & green & kept searcy. which they may still sign

Ummm we kept Omar because they hope for him to fill the 4th spot. If they didn't respect him they would have gone after Buckley much harder then a casual check in.

No Not Really, They did talk to Buckley, Twice, 1st before he signed w/ Tampa & then After he was released by Tampa. They told him the deal (no start & compete for nickel) he was to proud. He may go back to NE. Omar is a bust but they have nobody. I see J.Wilson was waived. OOOFF.

Gee, have we never seen Sam Madison, or Pat Surtain called for PI?

It happens. If you want to get pissy about something on the defense, how about missed tackles? There you could lay blame on Marion, and Jamar, and a whole lot of others.

I know we had an outstanding offensive showing, but Lord help us they scored THREE touchdowns on our defense. :rolleyes:

Sam & Pat Have a ton of int's to their name as well. & you are right. What is Detroit doing scoring 21 points on Miami! Here are the inactives...
QB 18 Sage Rosenfels
CB 24 Omare Lowe
S 43 Scott McGarrahan
T 60 Greg Jerman
C/G 65 Troy Andrew
DT 73 Dario Romero
TE 88 Desmond Clark
DE 96 David Bowens

Fletcher has been a whipping boy since most fans think we wasted a first round pick on a CB. I think it's been unfair.

Surtain and Madison both played only part-time as rookies and took a year or two to develop into the great players they now are. We need to let Fletcher play for a few weeks and see what he does on the field before we start knocking him.

Today, he seemed to do a decent job playing the corner once Sam Madison went down with an injury. The PI was a bogus call and he coverage was tight enough that Detroit didn't even throw at him that much. He also made a few nice reads in passing his receiver off to the safety and picking up the trailing receiver underneath. He played a solid game today.

Little early to label Omare Lowe a bust. He's been injured since the first preseason game.

I AGREE MUCK!!

The KID made the team for a reason!! OMARE has been injured and has been slow to return it way too early to call him a bust!!!

Fletch also made a nice break on a pass and would have had a pick if he'd held it...of course it was better that he didn't pick it since it was 4th down.

Back
Top Bottom