Jamar Fletcher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher

MiaMarino

Starter
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if there was any explanation given as to why, why, why Jamar Fletcher was on Randy Moss on that 60 yard completion on 3rd and frickin' 14????!!!!! Why Dave, why? Why wasn't #23 or #29 on him when you know in a go to situation, he's their only guy? I have tried so hard to be patient with Fletch but I can't take it anymore... he's a dismal failure. On top of that, he never stands up and takes it. I heard that after the game his comments were to the effect ".. you all want to blame me... i wasn't the only one back there..." Way to to be a man Fletch. At least when Ray Lucas was stinking it up at QB, he came out and said "I sucked" and took it like a man. I say this guy needs to be cut or traded. But who in thier right mind would give us anything bettar than a 6th round choice for this bust? On the play in question, he didn't even get a jam on him! If anyone knows why he was on thier #1 WR, let me know. :confused: :mad: :yell: :fire:

Ok first off, this has been answered. Second we were playin COVER 2 on that play and Shawn Wooden was the SS and he got caught spying on the QB, causing a 60 yard completion. 3rd of all Fletcher has been great. Fourth...the coaches don't stay man to man they just play whoever is with you is your guy.....EX if Owens would move to the slot, then Fletcher would cover him. I don't agree with the fourth, and I think coaches should change it, because teams will exploit it....BUT don't blame Fletch.

Originally posted by ChrisChambers84
Two words... Bates sucks!

CC84, did he just losw all his football knowledge between last week (shuttind down a high octane Raider offense) and the Minny game (1 QB and 1 WR)? A genius one week and a dunce the next?

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Ok first off, this has been answered. Second we were playin COVER 2 on that play and Shawn Wooden was the SS and he got caught spying on the QB, causing a 60 yard completion. 3rd of all Fletcher has been great. Fourth...the coaches don't stay man to man they just play whoever is with you is your guy.....EX if Owens would move to the slot, then Fletcher would cover him. I don't agree with the fourth, and I think coaches should change it, because teams will exploit it....BUT don't blame Fletch.

2002, I didn't know if this was covered/answered so forgive me for being repetitive. And who is Owens? I guess you meant Moss. IMO, It doesn't amtter what coverage they were in, you can not allow that conversion. What rankles me is that you and me at home know where the balls going and so the fans in the seats. The coaches must have known this too and yet they put in Wooden and Fletch on a critical play like that? This wasn't an early or mid season game so why take that chance. Your season is on the line and I for one don't want it riding on a liability like Fletcher. And why is Wooden looking in the backfield. Do you honestly think they're going to run on in that kind of down and distance situation? And WTF is Wooden in there for and not Brock? You're damn right teams will exploit it and I do blame Fletch. I don't think he uses good technique off the line and usually is clueless as to where the ball is in the air. Very frustrating.

Thats what I mean! He can be a very good coach one week. Then, look like the Bengals D cord

No I was using Owens as an example....that if we played them, and he moved to the slot that is who Fletch would cover...AND Fletch was taking MOss for the first 15 yards, then Wooden was suppose to get him. Wooden was SS, Marion was at FS, and Freeman was at DIME BACK (since he has experience from last year there)

My biggest problem with Bates is the way he uses the corners, he lets the offense pick their matchups. This is the reason that he needs to go.

It's easy to sit here and scond guess the defensive matchup..If it work than we all our praising everybody. Look, plain and simple we did not make enough plays to win the game. The game did not come down solely on that one posession. Why aren't u asking why C. Carter did not make that game winning touchdown he had in his hand. Furthermore, the guys were worn down thanks to the NFL schedule makers. Three games in 12 days? come on get real. We were flately tired. I say we bounce back this Sunday and go from there.

The problem with the play was fletch didnt get any sort of jam on the play, and certainly didnt even cover Moss for 3 yards not 15...

Jamar Fletcher doesn't cover the slot 2002 Surtian does so your wrong about the slot thing. Secondly, come on Bates has to see the matchup and Fletcher with Moss and make an adjustment. That is what this game is about adjusting to take away their strengths, and he didn't do that. It baffles me that Madison and Surtain aren't switched over to that side when Moss is on Fletcher.

I don't think Bates will be back next year, at least I hope not.

Why dont' you go out there and play ConerBack..As a matter of fact why dont u enter the draft and see what round you would be selected. People, people..Everything is going to be alright.. Get off the players backs. Trust me, they feel worst than we do..And they will bounce back...

The other play is when he went right past that receiver (it may have been Owens) on the play-action pass when he should have been covering.

People are expected to perform their jobs, be it football player, police officer, doctor, or in my case city planner. If any of us screw up consistently then they get rid of us. I've seen it happen in my workplace, why should it be different for anyone else?

Besides, no one blackmailed or coerced Fletcher to pursue a career in football, he did that on his own. If he's smart he didn't get a pseudo-football degree and can have a career in another profession, if football doesn't work out, as it just may not.

when you ask why wooden was on the field and not marion, right there i know not to answer the question with any logic because obviously you have none. If you are a fan then HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT KNOW OUR DIME PACKAGE??? figure that **** out before you ask the hard questions.

please become educated people.....

Back
Top Bottom