Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Taylor's Kidney Issue May Have Made Him Slip to #54

ikkonz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld/Miami Herald:

The Miami Herald reports a kidney issue may have played a part in Boise State CB Jamar Taylor falling to the Dolphins at No. 54.
A test at the Combine revealed Taylor's kidneys to be functioning at just 42 percent efficiency, and full of scar tissue. The issue is believed to have been caused by medicine Taylor was taking for high blood pressure. He is expected to improve, and it doesn't appear poised to affect his football career. Taylor was one of the top senior corners in the draft, and viewed as a potential first-round pick. He has an excellent chance at earning a starting job as a rookie.

Very interesting, maybe we got him at better value than expected. Hopefully they're right and his kidney is a non-issue.

Per Rotoworld/Miami Herald:

Very interesting, maybe we got him at better value than expected. Hopefully they're right and his kidney is a non-issue.
most places had him going second round but maybe he would go higher in round

He may be the steal of the draft for us, fully expect him to start opposite Grimes on opening day

You could be right but starting over two nickelbacks is not a ringing endorsement. I personally like about 5 cbs better than him but he is a solid guy

So we're assuming that teams that passed on him had no reason?

Kidneys functioning at 42% is ok for a professional athlete playing in sweltering heat and humidity?

So we're assuming that teams that passed on him had no reason?

Kidneys functioning at 42% is ok for a professional athlete playing in sweltering heat and humidity?

Many high blood pressure medications can do this to you liver and Kidney's if they go without being looked at for awhile. They can heal with just a simple switch of medication, if that is all it is, there is nothing to worry about.

Reading the Miami Herald article it sounds like the test at the combine saved him from something that could have become very serious. Also sounds like now that the issue has been brought to his attention the doctors have altered the medication and his kidneys will improve and he should be fine.

Many high blood pressure medications can do this to you liver and Kidney's if they go without be looked at for awhile. They can heal with just a simple switch of medication, if that is all it is, there is nothing to worry about.

So then teams DIDN'T pass on him because of this.

Or are people trying to have it both ways?

This is very simple.

If this is nothing to be concerned about, then the theory that Jamar Taylor fell due to this is most likely false.

If the theory that Jamar Taylor most likely fell due to this it true, then this is something to be concerned about.

You can't have it both ways.

What is it that your actually trying to say here, because I have no clue.

I think he is trying to say that if this is a seemingly non-issue, why are they reporting that teams may have passed on Taylor because of it. I think what the article is trying to get at is that teams were initally worried and were unsure if it would be an issue going forward and in order to be risk averse, may have passed over Taylor for a safer pick.

I thought the Pats were going to take him for sure right in front of us...I was thrilled they didnt

Many high blood pressure medications can do this to you liver and Kidney's if they go without being looked at for awhile. They can heal with just a simple switch of medication, if that is all it is, there is nothing to worry about.

Oh high blood pressure in the heat and humidity well that makes it better

I think he is trying to say that if this is a seemingly non-issue, why are they reporting that teams may have passed on Taylor because of it. I think what the article is trying to get at is that teams were initally worried and were unsure if it would be an issue going forward and in order to be risk averse, may have passed over Taylor for a safer pick.

In other words teams and their doctors were concerned enough to take this guy off their board, but we know they were silly for doing so, because...Miami Herald article. Amirite?

This is very simple.

If this is nothing to be concerned about, then the theory that Jamar Taylor fell due to this is most likely false.

If the theory that Jamar Taylor most likely fell due to this it true, then this is something to be concerned about.

You can't have it both ways.

Why can't you? Can two different teams not evaluate or proiritize medical risk differently? Could the Saints not say, "We think Brees' shoulder is a non-issue" while Miami said "it might be?"

Back
Top Bottom