JaMarcus Russell Bandwagon Effective 11/12/05 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JaMarcus Russell Bandwagon Effective 11/12/05

Dolfan2788 said:
I am pretty sure we did invite him for a workout, I remember reading it in the news if i'm not mistaken (Although I may well be). I'm pretty sure he did workout also.

You nor I are not mistaken. It was in one of the Miami papers, Nick invited him in for a workout but Ro had a contract awaiting his sig in Az.

LSUSAINT, you were right on everything regarding Jamarcus with the exception of him being a redshirt sophomore instead of a RS Freshman.

LSUSAINT said:
I've been lurking for some time but decided to join to correct some of you guys and to clear some things up.

Jamarcus Russell is a redshirt freshman.

I want to say he's 12-1 as a starter. I'll have to look it up.

He played occasionally last year. He started a couple of games but would be replaced by Marcus Randall. I didn't like Saban's QB carousel. Randall's probably the worst quarterback I've ever seen. :fire:

You guys post stats and make judgement solely on his stats without realizing several things.

He played against the 3rd overall defense, the #1 scoring defense, and the #4 pass defense in Alabama. It's not like he played against an average defense. He had 0 turnovers.
He played @ Alabama.
His WRs still dropped too many balls for my liking.
LSU's playcalling has been conservative lately with questionable play calls. At least 2 draw plays on third downs and 2 QB draws with Russell on third down. We need to be aggresive.

To whoever said he makes bad decisions? Huh? It's Jamarcus Russell. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

Well since the Florida game, Russell has managed LSU's game very well. 0 turnovers against Auburn and Bama.

He's the second most effiecient passer in the SEC before he entered the Bama game. :shakeno:

I have the URL if you want it but I don't have 5 posts. So I can't post the link. :cry:

He'll still make mistakes from time to time like any QB will but I wouldn't say he makes bad decisions. He still has a long way to go as well.

His accuracy doesn't really worry me it's his consistency. However, I think that'll be corrected with experience. Suprisingly, Russell is more accurate rolling out of the pocket and with play action fakes. Considering his 6-6 250 pound frame it wouldn't make sense but it's true. I'm not saying he's a bad pocket passer but he's better on the run for some reason. I wouldn't call Russell a pin point passer, yet, but he's accurate. Considering before the Bama game he was leading the SEC in completion percentage with 63.81%. :tongue:

Russell has the size and arm NFL scouts drool over. As I mentioned he's 6-6 250 pounds. He has a rocket for an arm. He can throw it at least 60 yards with a flick of the wrist. His arm strentgh will never be questioned.

I don't see Russell coming out this year. He needs more seasoning and needs to work on his consistency. If he does, I think he'll be a third round pick at best just based on his size and arm.

I think Russell can be a first round pick in the 2007 draft if he puts up some eye popping numbers in a couple games. He hasn't exactly lighten it up yet. I don't think he's thrown for more then 2 TDs in a game yet. I'll have to look it up but I'm pretty sure. He also has to finish drives. We've settled for too many FG tries. See Bama game.

Hope I helped out.

EDIT: Oh yea, to whoever said Russell would be a WR in the pros is either 9 years old, has never seen him play, or was just trying to be funny. I hope it was the latter because I sure did laugh.:rofl3:

great post, thanks for registering! :)

my beef is more with the dolphin fans that watch ONE game from a QB and all of a sudden bandwagon on him, than it is with Russell. I will admit that was the first game i have ever watched with him, but i will admit i was not *that* impressed.

i realize he's a redshirt sophomore. i don't expect much from him. but to create a bandwagon on him after that game? i fail to see the reasoning behind that.

thanks to all those fellow posters who have agreed with my reasoning to an extent

I watch College Football religiously so he's not a "fly by night" I've watched many of his games

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHO THE DOLPHINS SHOULD DRAFT AT QB IN THE 06 DRAFT????

ANYONE OTHER THAN LEINART????

WE'RE NOT GETTING HIM LIVE WITH IT!!!!

byroan said:
Nope. Saban had plenty of chances to get Davey if he wanted him.

- Dare you imply that Lemon is a ...

Joneal7 said:
ok here is a theory....

Saban: OK Jamarcus dont use your whole ability this year...so you can declare and go under smoke screen to us late in the rounds..and then i will unleash your full potential to the whole NFL

Jamarcus: Ok boss..you got it

funniest thing i have ever read lol, ok boss lol haaaaahaaa

someone needs to make a photoshop image of all the bandwagons created on finheaven (even duplicates). the number of bandwagons would be hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom