JaMarcus Russell Bandwagon Effective 11/12/05 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JaMarcus Russell Bandwagon Effective 11/12/05

LSUBayouBengal said:
Thats not what I said. I said Ro chose to accept to sign with AZ instead of just getting a workout in Miami. Ro had asked to be released from NE due to lack of playing time and because he had the offer in AZ. After Ro was released from AZ, the deal with Lemon had been done. I have done a lot of digging on what happened and did hear he was invited to wokout with Mimi but not offered a spot initially.

Rohan Davey is not on a NFL roster right now for a reason. I'm pretty sure if he was good enough to even be a 2nd string Qb he would get an opportunity. Rohan got released from New England because as old as Flutie is he is still a better backup than Davey and that Cassel has more potential. It's nothing against Davey who was pretty good at LSU, but Jason White was pretty good at Oklahoma and both are out of the league for a reason.

djfresh47 said:
Rohan Davey is not on a NFL roster right now for a reason. I'm pretty sure if he was good enough to even be a 2nd string Qb he would get an opportunity. Rohan got released from New England because as old as Flutie is he is still a better backup than Davey and that Cassel has more potential. It's nothing against Davey who was pretty good at LSU, but Jason White was pretty good at Oklahoma and both are out of the league for a reason.

point taken there.

LSUBayouBengal said:

nope....

Davey was released on Oct. 12th

Miami traded QB's with San Diego on Oct. 18th.

If Saban wanted ANYTHING to do with Rohan he could have brought him in and kept hold of a sixth round pick.
Obviously he isn't enamored with Rohan, which he should'nt be since one of the worst franchises in the league that has crap on their roster at QB just cut him.

ScrepsMJ said:
:shakeno:

Everytime a college QB has a good game there comes a thread starting his bandwagon.
my thoughts exactly.... except, Russell didn't even really have a "good game." his stats were average. If this is a "good game" for him, then i don't want him.

I think you guys get all excited anytime someone has a good game.

temper yourselves guys! There are at least ten QBs that (right now) are better than this guy who WILL be available in this year's draft. Why aim low?

I am pretty sure we did invite him for a workout, I remember reading it in the news if i'm not mistaken (Although I may well be). I'm pretty sure he did workout also.

kastofsna120 said:
so maybe we should get one that will be decent in the NFL (unlike russell)

Now I aint on the Russell bandwagon. I dont even think he will or should come out for a coulple of years... he needs more development and has more to learn...

BUT... you dont think he could be atleast a decent QB in the NFL? Based on what? I know you love playin the devils advocate... so why dont you think that he would atleast be a decent QB in the NFL in the future?

(or were you just refering to this year?... making this post irrelevent :lol: )

Nasty said:
Now I aint on the Russell bandwagon. I dont even think he will or should come out for a coulple of years... he needs more development and has more to learn...

BUT... you dont think he could be atleast a decent QB in the NFL? Based on what? I know you love playin the devils advocate... so why dont you think that he would atleast be a decent QB in the NFL in the future?

(or were you just refering to this year?... making this post irrelevent :lol: )
not accurate and makes bad decisions....i could go on, but that seems like enough already

kastofsna120 said:
not accurate and makes bad decisions....i could go on, but that seems like enough already

I didnt read this whole thread... nor do I plan on it... So if you have answered a question I ask you, just tell me the post #...

Accuracy and decision making are something that improve with experience... If he were to come out in a senior (2 seasons after this one), why do you think his accuracy and decision making would not have improved? I mean, that is 3 years. He is in his first year starting (I think). Touch and accuracy just come with practice and experience... And decision making DEFINATLY will get better over time. For an inexperienced QB, I have been quite impressed with him. He needs a year or 2 of work, but I feel he has the tools to be successful... you disagree?

I've been lurking for some time but decided to join to correct some of you guys and to clear some things up.

Jamarcus Russell is a redshirt freshman.

I want to say he's 12-1 as a starter. I'll have to look it up.

He played occasionally last year. He started a couple of games but would be replaced by Marcus Randall. I didn't like Saban's QB carousel. Randall's probably the worst quarterback I've ever seen. :fire:

You guys post stats and make judgement solely on his stats without realizing several things.

He played against the 3rd overall defense, the #1 scoring defense, and the #4 pass defense in Alabama. It's not like he played against an average defense. He had 0 turnovers.
He played @ Alabama.
His WRs still dropped too many balls for my liking.
LSU's playcalling has been conservative lately with questionable play calls. At least 2 draw plays on third downs and 2 QB draws with Russell on third down. We need to be aggresive.

To whoever said he makes bad decisions? Huh? It's Jamarcus Russell. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

Well since the Florida game, Russell has managed LSU's game very well. 0 turnovers against Auburn and Bama.

He's the second most effiecient passer in the SEC before he entered the Bama game. :shakeno:

I have the URL if you want it but I don't have 5 posts. So I can't post the link. :cry:

He'll still make mistakes from time to time like any QB will but I wouldn't say he makes bad decisions. He still has a long way to go as well.

His accuracy doesn't really worry me it's his consistency. However, I think that'll be corrected with experience. Suprisingly, Russell is more accurate rolling out of the pocket and with play action fakes. Considering his 6-6 250 pound frame it wouldn't make sense but it's true. I'm not saying he's a bad pocket passer but he's better on the run for some reason. I wouldn't call Russell a pin point passer, yet, but he's accurate. Considering before the Bama game he was leading the SEC in completion percentage with 63.81%. :tongue:

Russell has the size and arm NFL scouts drool over. As I mentioned he's 6-6 250 pounds. He has a rocket for an arm. He can throw it at least 60 yards with a flick of the wrist. His arm strentgh will never be questioned.

I don't see Russell coming out this year. He needs more seasoning and needs to work on his consistency. If he does, I think he'll be a third round pick at best just based on his size and arm.

I think Russell can be a first round pick in the 2007 draft if he puts up some eye popping numbers in a couple games. He hasn't exactly lighten it up yet. I don't think he's thrown for more then 2 TDs in a game yet. I'll have to look it up but I'm pretty sure. He also has to finish drives. We've settled for too many FG tries. See Bama game.

Hope I helped out.

EDIT: Oh yea, to whoever said Russell would be a WR in the pros is either 9 years old, has never seen him play, or was just trying to be funny. I hope it was the latter because I sure did laugh.:rofl3:

ether79 said:
I was waiting for this.....

I can see the rest of the season now, every time a QB has a good game, it'll be a '____ _____ Is The Man' thread....Last week it was Quinn, the week before was Croyle, etc...

Joneal7 said:
ok here is a theory....

Saban: OK Jamarcus dont use your whole ability this year...so you can declare and go under smoke screen to us late in the rounds..and then i will unleash your full potential to the whole NFL

Jamarcus: Ok boss..you got it

Well, regardless of getting Jamarcus, I think the guy we do get will be in the second or third round. The guy we get is not going to make a lot of people happy. What people on this board want is Leinert or someone who's name is big, and the only way we get that is to end up like last year. At 7-9, we end up in the middle of the pack.

LSUSAINT said:
I've been lurking for some time but decided to join to correct some of you guys and to clear some things up.

Jamarcus Russell is a redshirt freshman.

I want to say he's 12-1 as a starter. I'll have to look it up.

He played occasionally last year. He started a couple of games but would be replaced by Marcus Randall. I didn't like Saban's QB carousel. Randall's probably the worst quarterback I've ever seen. :fire:

You guys post stats and make judgement solely on his stats without realizing several things.

He played against the 3rd overall defense, the #1 scoring defense, and the #4 pass defense in Alabama. It's not like he played against an average defense. He had 0 turnovers.
He played @ Alabama.
His WRs still dropped too many balls for my liking.
LSU's playcalling has been conservative lately with questionable play calls. At least 2 draw plays on third downs and 2 QB draws with Russell on third down. We need to be aggresive.

To whoever said he makes bad decisions? Huh? It's Jamarcus Russell. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

Well since the Florida game, Russell has managed LSU's game very well. 0 turnovers against Auburn and Bama.

He's the second most effiecient passer in the SEC before he entered the Bama game. :shakeno:

I have the URL if you want it but I don't have 5 posts. So I can't post the link. :cry:

He'll still make mistakes from time to time like any QB will but I wouldn't say he makes bad decisions. He still has a long way to go as well.

His accuracy doesn't really worry me it's his consistency. However, I think that'll be corrected with experience. Suprisingly, Russell is more accurate rolling out of the pocket and with play action fakes. Considering his 6-6 250 pound frame it wouldn't make sense but it's true. I'm not saying he's a bad pocket passer but he's better on the run for some reason. I wouldn't call Russell a pin point passer, yet, but he's accurate. Considering before the Bama game he was leading the SEC in completion percentage with 63.81%. :tongue:

Russell has the size and arm NFL scouts drool over. As I mentioned he's 6-6 250 pounds. He has a rocket for an arm. He can throw it at least 60 yards with a flick of the wrist. His arm strentgh will never be questioned.

I don't see Russell coming out this year. He needs more seasoning and needs to work on his consistency. If he does, I think he'll be a third round pick at best just based on his size and arm.

I think Russell can be a first round pick in the 2007 draft if he puts up some eye popping numbers in a couple games. He hasn't exactly lighten it up yet. I don't think he's thrown for more then 2 TDs in a game yet. I'll have to look it up but I'm pretty sure. He also has to finish drives. We've settled for too many FG tries. See Bama game.

Hope I helped out.

EDIT: Oh yea, to whoever said Russell would be a WR in the pros is either 9 years old, has never seen him play, or was just trying to be funny. I hope it was the latter because I sure did laugh.:rofl3:

All I know is that the guy was cool and calm and made a huge play to win the ballgame yesterday against a great defense. That makes me look further into this guy.

Exactly. He never looked rattled, except maybe during the start of the game. He was poised and I was very proud of his play.

Back
Top Bottom