Jameis Winston Anyone?! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Anyone?!

Fitzpatrick is way better than Winston, no way! I´d prefer 40 yo Brady or a Tannehill return by miles.

With right coach I think Winston could be good in nfl. Need throw less Int...Winston trying do too much. He need better rb to help take some of pressure off him... James has same much int as P.Manning first four yr...I still think he is better than last 2 nfl class qb and this yr qb...it up to flores and Grier. We dont have too have Tua it lot qb options in 2020..

Last edited:
Fitzpatrick is way better than Winston, no way! I´d prefer 40 yo Brady or a Tannehill return by miles.

Brady can die in a fire.... But I would love for Tannehill to come back... If they sign Thuney and draft a couple of Offensive linemen

U and he got away with a lot of throws there that he doesn't on a pro level. His problem is his decision making and not his eyes.

He's young but the Dolphins would be making an ill advised d
I like Jameis more than most. Such a talented passer of the football and has ideal size and only turned 26 this year. I think Miami would be crazy not to at least be intrigued.

He definitely had major maturity issues in college and well into his pro career but now that he became a father and has settled down you don’t hear about any of that crazy off the field stuff anymore. That was always my biggest concern.

I look at a coach like Flores, I think that would be the perfect guy running the team that could work with and get the best out of Jameis as a man and as a professional on and off the field.

And there are tons of jokes in this thread, but if you get top shelf Jameis Winston, he is an absolute top 5 talent at the QB position and I would rate that level of Jameis above anybody from the last 3 drafts, including Tua. Yea, I think highly of Jameis as a talent.

Dude was playing with a torn meniscus and a hand injury for most of last year and of course the well documented vision issues. He will be 100% going forward.

His big problem, and its a big one, is not knowing when to settle and make the smarter pass instead of the risky one and that gets him in trouble. But people on here claiming for pocket presence and improvising and ability to move through progressions and arm talent . . . .Jameis gives you all of that and would not cost us anything in draft compensation.

Hey I am not sure if Flores/Grier care to be bothered but if Flo tells Chris I want Jameis in here to lead this team, I am all in on that conviction. Thats one hell of a talent you are getting for nothing and can surround him with a boatload if high end picks the next two drafts.

Like I said, I am higher on Jameis than most and he is still young enough and talented enough to have many great days ahead. Miami might just be the fit that sees him reach those highs.

some good stuff in this thread and a lot of jokes that skate over how good a QB Jameis is/was

his arm is top shelf, he's a playmaker, not afraid to make big throws, leader....the guy has everything you want in a qb but he's just a notch too far in the risk-taking category

maybe i'm blending my memories of watching him play in 2013 and win the national championship but i've always thought so highly of him as a player. issue had always been interceptions early and often. that hasn't changed in his nfl career and i'm not sure it will.

i wish he developed a little more of a game management trait but he just sees, throws, and that's it...

wish him luck, but i don't want our franchise resting on his shoulders i think he's just as likely to let your team down than to lift them up at the nfl level

He needs to go to the Saints... They know how to cook crab legs in New Orleans.

A definite no on Winston. He's a quarterback that losses more games than his wins. Thirty interceptions in a era where the top quarterbacks are getting 5-7 a year? That's not something you can win with and he's been in the NFL long enough where expecting that to change is a bad idea.

We got a poll for this ? Can I propose the following choices:

1. No
  2. Hell No.
  3. I'm scheduled for the first ever brain transplant tomorrow, but I vote yes.

I like Jameis more than most. Such a talented passer of the football and has ideal size and only turned 26 this year. I think Miami would be crazy not to at least be intrigued.

He definitely had major maturity issues in college and well into his pro career but now that he became a father and has settled down you don’t hear about any of that crazy off the field stuff anymore. That was always my biggest concern.

I look at a coach like Flores, I think that would be the perfect guy running the team that could work with and get the best out of Jameis as a man and as a professional on and off the field.

And there are tons of jokes in this thread, but if you get top shelf Jameis Winston, he is an absolute top 5 talent at the QB position and I would rate that level of Jameis above anybody from the last 3 drafts, including Tua. Yea, I think highly of Jameis as a talent.

Dude was playing with a torn meniscus and a hand injury for most of last year and of course the well documented vision issues. He will be 100% going forward.

His big problem, and its a big one, is not knowing when to settle and make the smarter pass instead of the risky one and that gets him in trouble. But people on here claiming for pocket presence and improvising and ability to move through progressions and arm talent . . . .Jameis gives you all of that and would not cost us anything in draft compensation.

Hey I am not sure if Flores/Grier care to be bothered but if Flo tells Chris I want Jameis in here to lead this team, I am all in on that conviction. Thats one hell of a talent you are getting for nothing and can surround him with a boatload if high end picks the next two drafts.

Like I said, I am higher on Jameis than most and he is still young enough and talented enough to have many great days ahead. Miami might just be the fit that sees him reach those highs.
The problem is Bruce Arians came out of retirement and a cushy broadcasting job to become the coach of the Tampa Bay because of Jameis Winston, Bruce coached him in some youth football camps and fell in love. So if he’s moving on from him, I don’t think the Fins should take that chance.

The problem is Bruce Arians came out of retirement and a cushy broadcasting job to become the coach of the Tampa Bay because of Jameis Winston, Bruce coached him in some youth football camps and fell in love. So if he’s moving on from him, I don’t think the Fins should take that chance.

That's a great point. If your mother says you're ugly, you're ugly.

As someone who got LASIK surgery back in 2001, I just find it preposterous that Jameis was struggling to see while playing QB and just now decided to get the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom