Jameis Winston Anyone?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Anyone?!

Jameis has been squinting since his days at FSU and he got away with a lot of throws there that he doesn't on a pro level. His problem is his decision making and not his eyes.

He's young but the Dolphins would be making an ill advised decision to give him anywhere close to his asking price.

I would honestly consider Jameis under this staff if we can't get Tua or Burrow and he comes at a decent rate. He's still fairly young and if you implement a solid running game around him and he doesn't have to throw the ball 30 times a game I can see him being successful.

images

hqdefault.jpg

You could do worse than Winston. There's a decent chance half of the top qbs in the 2020 draft will never throw for 5000 yards and 30 tds in a season. Of course they're not likely to throw 30 interceptions either. A fresh start could be good for Winston and he's still fairly young. He has Raider written all over him to me. Seems like the right fit for that franchise. It's going to be interesting to see what his market value is, because he's good enough to get paid and he's bad enough to make you regret paying him

You could do worse than Winston. There's a decent chance half of the top qbs in the 2020 draft will never throw for 5000 yards and 30 tds in a season. Of course they're not likely to throw 30 interceptions either. A fresh start could be good for Winston and he's still fairly young. He has Raider written all over him to me. Seems like the right fit for that franchise. It's going to be interesting to see what his market value is, because he's good enough to get paid and he's bad enough to make you regret paying him

Nailed it^. These other responses are a bit too dramatic for me.

Who knows, the Lasik might be just what he needed to improve his accuracy another 5% and reduce his INT's to 15-20 instead of 30... Not saying he'd become great, but he'd be at least average. If the Lasik does help him, and you put him in a situation a la Tannehill you could honestly do OK with him (not advocating for him, just saying he's not horrible either).

I would honestly consider Jameis under this staff if we can't get Tua or Burrow and he comes at a decent rate. He's still fairly young and if you implement a solid running game around him and he doesn't have to throw the ball 30 times a game I can see him being successful.
I agree with this and last years turnovers maybe a function of the system. I was listening to Carson Palmer and he stated that his first year in that system he threw 26 interceptions and I believe to go along with the 30 td's. This is not all on Winston, and if he's available I would definitely take a look at a QB with his skill-sets. Fitz was benched for Winston the year before and it was all about his turnovers and the phins coaching staff seemed to address Fitz issues as he was not the turn-over machine he was previously.

Back
Top Bottom