Jameis Winston Anyone?! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Anyone?!

Just read an interesting article that compared Peyton Manning's first five years to Jameis Winston's. Their numbers were surprisingly close.

Granted, during Manning's early career the rules were different than today so that has to be factored in. The article pointed out how much Manning improved after those first five years and, specifically, after the Colts improved their running game.

I didn't follow Winston too much in Tampa Bay, but apparently he didn't have a running game there. Not making excuses for 30 interceptions. That's a God awful number, especially in today's game where the top quarterbacks are usually under 10 for a season.

Spending time watching tape of the quarterbacks for the 2020 draft, had me revisiting Winston, though. Besides Burrow and Tua, I'm not 100 percent sold on Herbert, Love or Hurts. I like aspects of all of their games, but not sure any of them ends up being a top 10 caliber quarterback in the NFL. That's my personal criteria because I think that's what you need to win big, year-in and year-out.

Would the Dolphins be better off signing Winston, seeing how he develops and, if necessary draft another quarterback in 2020? It would open up the draft to maybe get a player like Derrick Brown at #5. I don't know the answer. Just throwing it out there.

I've said this before... Winston is one of the better reclamation projects that I have ever seen. Physically, he is top notch. He's a tough competitor, he's just takes too many risks. His game reeks of immaturity and poor coaching.

The NFL has always had guys like this.

If he were to land on a teach with a senior, no-nonsense coach, Winston could bloom.

I wouldn't say 'no'; what I'd say was 'how much'?

But not for us... we are looking at rookies. The place for Winston is New England, and if they get him... worry.

He has a great arm. With the right coaching he could be good. Offer him pennies and a one year contract. There is nothing to lose.

For the sake of arguement, if Miami did sign Winston to be their starting qb going forward, how would you like to see the five 1st round picks and four 2nd round picks Miami has over the next two drafts to build a team around him? With that cache of picks even with Winston or Newton at the helm Miami should be favorites to win the AFC East in 2021.

For the sake of arguement, if Miami did sign Winston to be their starting qb going forward, how would you like to see the five 1st round picks and four 2nd round picks Miami has over the next two drafts to build a team around him? With that cache of picks even with Winston or Newton at the helm Miami should be favorites to win the AFC East in 2021.

We'd have to hit every pick in the 1st and 2nd rounds with a future HOF or All Pro player to have a team good enough to overcome the turnover machine that is Winston or drag the corpse of Newton. Just ask the Rex Ryan jets what having a sub par QB paired with a strong defense and run game gets you.

Last edited:
LASIK surgery eh? Good idea for any QB recently released, regardless of eyesight. "Well i couldn't see before, i was playing blind!!! Imagine how good I'll be now!"

Jamieson is young will he help dolphins.. idk. Can flores and staff make him better players. Idk but Jamieson would be best qb in afc east. Is winston better than Tua yes and no. Tua have not play yet. So that on his side.should we get Winston. Idk??? Winston and Cam would be best qb in afc east. There should not be no excuse why we should not win afc east w them.

Last edited:
No thank you. I didn't think he was a top notch QB when he was drafted, and I pointed to this INT's, decision making, and attitude. I have seen nothing in his pro career to change my mind. Does he have the ability? Yes. But it takes much more than that to be a good NFL QB, and I don't see Winston having it or on the road to developing it. Hopefully, he gets a wake-up call from this and decides to dedicate himself to the game, has a career epiphany, and becomes a team-first grinder who outworks the competition and devotes time to becoming a good decision maker. My mind can be changed ... but so far Jamies hasn't done anything to change it yet, so I'm not betting on it changing.

No thank you. I didn't think he was a top notch QB when he was drafted, and I pointed to this INT's, decision making, and attitude. I have seen nothing in his pro career to change my mind. Does he have the ability? Yes. But it takes much more than that to be a good NFL QB, and I don't see Winston having it or on the road to developing it. Hopefully, he gets a wake-up call from this and decides to dedicate himself to the game, has a career epiphany, and becomes a team-first grinder who outworks the competition and devotes time to becoming a good decision maker. My mind can be changed ... but so far Jamies hasn't done anything to change it yet, so I'm not betting on it changing.
Winston and Cam would be best qb in division..with all player we add in free agent and draft dolphins. Fins have no excuse not win division. Tua is all right when healthy..I guess?

Winston and Cam would be best qb in division..with all player we add in free agent and draft dolphins. Fins have no excuse not win division. Tua is all right when healthy..I guess?
I can assure you, you’re NOT changing anyone’s opinion.

Back
Top Bottom