James just posted a picture of him and Tunsil on Instagram | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James just posted a picture of him and Tunsil on Instagram

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I think this is an indication that the Dolphins are bringing back their starting R Tackle. I view this as a good thing, enough holes. Draft an awesome LG and be done wit it, finally.

From PFF's ranking of all 32 o-lines in 2017 (Miami #29): "...when it comes to pass protection, the unit played relatively well... The bigger issues came in the running game where Miami’s offensive line struggled mightily and all linemen graded poorly. Consequently, Miami’s running backs averaged just 0.59 yards before contact, which was last in the NFL by a wide margin (Detroit was second to last with 0.96 yards) and well below the NFL average of 1.56 yards before contact."

I believe that being able to establish and sustain a strong running game is still an important key to success in the NFL. Miami's o-line sucks at run-blocking because both Philbin and Gase prefer a short pass based offense and place little emphasis on the running game, so they want "finesse" linemen. In fact, they both stated that the short pass will actually replace most of the running game. Sure, on occasion they have a good running game, but usually the RB is hit at or behind the line of scrimmage. Miami's weak o-line is consistently dominated by tough, physical d-lines, and this needs to change if they are to have success. Another year with Tunsil, Pouncey, and James is not the answer to establishing a strong running game!

I agree that a quality running game is still vital for success in the NFL. It's always been true, the game has changed but not that much, it's still Football. I think the FO is very aware that the o-line needs some new blood. A top LG lined up next to Tunsil would go a long way towards fixing the run game. Do we draft Nelson if he's there? I doubt it very much. It's going to be a QB or a LBer. But, there are plenty of options out there in both FA and the draft to tighten this thing up. This HAS to be done. If we don't have a new, quality LG it would be tough to understand. We also need another RB to spell Drake. And we need a great young TE and there are 3 or 4 guys that really look like they could come to town and help our team in a hurry. We just have to start making some good decisions.

Back
Top Bottom