Jamie Nails Is The "biggest" Surprise Of Camp So Far... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamie Nails Is The "biggest" Surprise Of Camp So Far...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would have never imagined that G JAMIE NAILS would be the biggest suprise on the offensive line....but this just in: It has become a reality......NAILS is out-playing, and out-grading them all. And good for him. Here is a guy who was coaching a local high school offensive line last season....as he was cut by the Dolphins because he was completely out of playing shape...above the 385 pound mark. But the guy stayed down here....and asked for another chance.. He told WANNY when he signed that he would come in and be the same guy he was 2 years ago when he started with the BILLS. He kept his promise....and look at this ......he is now a "skinny" 335 pounds and he playing very agressive. He has won the respect of many players...his linemates much more. Nails is playing so well.....that when WANNY says that he will be playing "the best 5 guys".....right now it just has to mean that NAILS will be inserted as the starting LG.....which of course...now would mean that MARK DIXON should (why waste time) start working with BRENT SMITH/MARCUS SPRIGGS over at LT. When the dust clears on opening day....hopefully DIXON...whom my concern only is his height...at 6'3....I hope he can really play well there.
As far as BRENT SMITH is concerned....he is just not ready yet....he really isn't. MARCUS SPRIGGS is still banged up....but still needs lots of playing time and reps....before he is even close to being ready. So really to me....this is indeed the best option.....let SMITH AND SPRIGGS backup both tackle spots....but in the meantime....lets get DIXON working as the starter at LT...and JAMIE NAILS at LG....let the continuity and repitition of them working aside each other begin now.

Once this is done.....then you would have to make a decision on which RG....will be your starter.....either SEARCY or another surprise thus far in camp....TODD PERRY. That battle is much more interchangeable than moving a guy like DIXON over to LT...to make room for NAILS....but by all means.....WANNY should name the starter at least by the Dolphins second exhibition game. This offensive line needs to know its members.....and then they need to get coordinated like 5 fingers on a hand. Right now.....its understandable over at RG....these two guys are literally neck to neck in grades...and play. This will play itself out shortly.....but I will end this post by saying its time to start playing around....move DIXON to LT now.

DCH

i agree with you,dch, its time to move dixon to lt...that will make our ol,lt dixon,lg nails,c ruddy,rg searcy or perry,rt wade,and that will be our best 5...i hope searcy wins the rg position...the bottom line is that we will have a much better line than last year and an ol that has much more depth than last year...we had to start folou and irwin last year and that was brutal...

o-line!

agreed! but i am hoping that searcy is on that line. searcy has been out 2 years and just needs a little football playing time. searcy hurt and old is better than perry, period.

if searcy's ailments catch up to him, than put perry in. we need leadership on that line.

SEPTEMBER 11, BURN A TOWEL DAY!!

Yeah Marvez also suggested the possibility of moving Nails to RG to supplant both Searcy and Perry, aside from the suggestion that you just endorsed...moving Dixon to LT.

I want to see these guys in an actual pre season game first. That scrimmage, I am sorry, but Spriggs didn't play, and i didn't see enough of Dixon, and nothing from Searcy.

I haven't had the advantage of watching them practice, so i want to see them for myself.

BTW, DCH or OZZY...going to any practice sessions this week?

Dixon and Spriggs didn't even play in the scrimmage. Searcy did and looked well enough. He got some snaps in with the first team.

All I'm sayin is the move has to be made now because Dixon needs time to get use to the LT position. And its not even saying that moving Dixon to LT is handing him the job. If he fails he fails, and the coaches will likely go to the next best option which is to hand the LT job to Smith or Spriggs and let Dixon take the LG spot while Nails plays at RG. Searcy and Perry back up both guard positions. Either way the way Nails has been looking lately he has GOT to get on that offensive line somehow.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
You ain't got GOOD chicken wings down there! ;)

Thank God they don't so Nails stays at a size that he can continue to impress..Are you missing him a little..:p

Maybe they should wait to see if Dixon can stay on the field before moving anyone.

I too was totally dissapointed with the scrimage i couldnt tell a thing really and so monday will be my first chance to see much of our team ..I think we still have some time to look at our incumbents first .. after the tb game we need to decide what we are gonna do if anything about lt ...Im sure that dave is thinking the same .. that scrimmage was crap ..let see how they do in a real preseaon game ?

They've been very lucky with injuries so far also. Injuries have a habit of making some decisions for the coaches.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87

BTW, DCH or OZZY...going to any practice sessions this week?

I really wanted to go today, but I have to babysit some guys installing fiber optic cables at one of my dealerships, so it will have to be Tommorrow, and again sometime this week, and maybe even Sat.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I would have never imagined that G JAMIE NAILS would be the biggest suprise on the offensive line....but this just in: It has become a reality......NAILS is out-playing, and out-grading them all. And good for him. Here is a guy who was coaching a local high school offensive line last season....as he was cut by the Dolphins because he was completely out of playing shape...above the 385 pound mark. But the guy stayed down here....and asked for another chance.. He told WANNY when he signed that he would come in and be the same guy he was 2 years ago when he started with the BILLS. He kept his promise....and look at this ......he is now a "skinny" 335 pounds and he playing very agressive. He has won the respect of many players...his linemates much more. Nails is playing so well.....that when WANNY says that he will be playing "the best 5 guys".....right now it just has to mean that NAILS will be inserted as the starting LG.....which of course...now would mean that MARK DIXON should (why waste time) start working with BRENT SMITH/MARCUS SPRIGGS over at LT. When the dust clears on opening day....hopefully DIXON...whom my concern only is his height...at 6'3....I hope he can really play well there.
As far as BRENT SMITH is concerned....he is just not ready yet....he really isn't. MARCUS SPRIGGS is still banged up....but still needs lots of playing time and reps....before he is even close to being ready. So really to me....this is indeed the best option.....let SMITH AND SPRIGGS backup both tackle spots....but in the meantime....lets get DIXON working as the starter at LT...and JAMIE NAILS at LG....let the continuity and repitition of them working aside each other begin now.

Once this is done.....then you would have to make a decision on which RG....will be your starter.....either SEARCY or another surprise thus far in camp....TODD PERRY. That battle is much more interchangeable than moving a guy like DIXON over to LT...to make room for NAILS....but by all means.....WANNY should name the starter at least by the Dolphins second exhibition game. This offensive line needs to know its members.....and then they need to get coordinated like 5 fingers on a hand. Right now.....its understandable over at RG....these two guys are literally neck to neck in grades...and play. This will play itself out shortly.....but I will end this post by saying its time to start playing around....move DIXON to LT now.

DCH

i would say wait till after Tampa. i want to see if spriggs bounces back cus i think he is better than smith. i also need to see if smith looks terrible again. if so, i would cut smith and then move dixon, then you can keep troy andrew who i think would be a terrible loss if he got cut. but we need to be sure before we do this cus there is too much to lose here if we dont make the right decision. i dont want a guy playing a position that doesnt want to play there.

I say

LT Dixon 300
LG Nails 335
C Ruddy 300
RG Searcy 320
RT Wade 325

Average lineman WGT = 316 lbs.

Ricky is = 230 can you say wear out a defense!!!!!

If Brent Smith gets his act together he's 315 and would boost the average.

LT Jennings 325
LG R. Brown 305
C Teague 310
RG Ostroski 320 or Sullivan 330
RT Williams 380

Ave Wgt: 328 lbs
2001 Ave wgt: approx. 300-305 lbs

Bills OL will be much improved :)

Back
Top Bottom