Jamie Newman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamie Newman

robisok

Rookie
Reaction score
I saw he was cut by the Eagles. I know that's not a good sign, but think he's worth at least a try out? Could potentially be worth stashing on the practice squad.

dolfan91

Class Clown
Club Member
Reaction score
What a turn of fortunes for Newman. Before transferring to Georgia and subsequently opting out, he was being thought of as a potential 1st round pick. He's basically fallen off the face of the earth. He looked lost at the Senior Bowl practices. It was if he completely forgot how to play the game. Just an unbelievable turn of events.

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
No thanks. If he wasn’t good enough to make the Eagles as their 3rd team QB, he certainly isn’t good enough to make it with the Dolphins.

gregorygrant83

Club Member
Reaction score
No thanks. If he wasn’t good enough to make the Eagles as their 3rd team QB, he certainly isn’t good enough to make it with the Dolphins.
I think he's a better prospect then Reid Sinnett. I would have no problems getting rid of Sinnett and bringing in Newman for camp. Also I'm not so sure Miami won't want 4 arms in training camp, so bringing in Newman as the 4th qb wouldn't be a horrible idea. You could have Sinnet and Newman battle for a ps spot.

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score
Sometimes cutting a player acts like a wakeup call, and then they seem to "get it together". If it is a drug related problem, then any potential recovery could take much longer.

With our current cap and player expenditures this year, I would avoid this kind of pickup. It may be something to look into for next year, if the guy gets back on track mentally.

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I just don't think we need to bring this guy in. He has to be on drugs the way he couldn't function at the Sr Bowl. Stay away.

Top Bottom