Jamie Sharper

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 22, 2004
Messages
547
Reaction score
0
Texans are shopping him. Premier 3-4 Middle Linebacker. They are only asking for a fourth round pick for him. Could be a great addition to the 3-4 component of our defense and if worst comes to worst in terms of cap space, we could trade zach thomas for some picks to allow us to sign sharper. Any Takers?
 

chub

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
Get rid of Zach? You ungrateful so and so!

Why not get rid of JT too!:shakeno: :fire: :yell:
 

fear-the-d

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
0
no chance in hell! every year in zachs carrer he has lead the dolphins in tackles. this guy is loved by most miami fans. but, sharpers strong points are he is more of a hard hitter than zach. zach prefers to wrap up and tackle sharper prefers bigger hits. sharper is faster able to keep up with WRs for longer
 

fear-the-d

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
0
chub said:
Get rid of Zach? You ungrateful so and so!

Why not get rid of JT too!:shakeno: :fire: :yell:
Right on the spot! Zach is a corner stone in our defense, if he could just control his injury problems
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,501
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Long Beach, Ca
I dont think Zach will be around much longer, I know everyone will hate to see him go but he is getting close to the end of his run as a Dolphin imo.
 

Al13

Don´t mess with Clint
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
28
Age
46
Location
Berlin, Germany
giving away a 4th rounder would be ok for sharper, but unfortunately the 4th rounder does not pay his salary and i think he wants a lot, so i guess he is out of reach
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
A 4th for him is pretty cheap but I don't think we need him...seems that we've established our depth for the most part. If we had a second or at least another 3rd I'd like it but imagine us only having 2 first day picks eeewwwww!!
 

Wildbill3

Misery Loves Company
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
29,535
Reaction score
2,087
Age
41
Location
Kentucky
fear-the-d said:
no chance in hell! every year in zachs carrer he has lead the dolphins in tackles. this guy is loved by most miami fans. but, sharpers strong points are he is more of a hard hitter than zach. zach prefers to wrap up and tackle sharper prefers bigger hits. sharper is faster able to keep up with WRs for longer
You've got to realize that this is Saban's team, not Zach's, and if Saban thinks a player can come in here and help this team have a better chance of getting more w's, he is going to bring that guy in. Nick isn't worried about being popular with the fans or doing the popular thing, he is interested in doing the things that makes the dolphins a better team.

I like Zach, and I would hate to see him go, but 9 years is a long time to play MLB in this league. :cry:
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
How old is Sharper? And I thought the whole point would be to play him in the 3-4 WITH Zach???
 

Wildbill3

Misery Loves Company
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
29,535
Reaction score
2,087
Age
41
Location
Kentucky
HysterikiLL said:
How old is Sharper? And I thought the whole point would be to play him in the 3-4 WITH Zach???
It seems the "typical" thinking around here is that Zach is too small to be a 3-4 linebacker (forget the fact that he is too small to even play MLB in the NFL) so getting a 3-4 linebacker would have to mean the end of zach right?
 

LarryFinFan

Left So Fla, never the Fins...
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
7,701
Reaction score
2
Location
NC
dolfancoolio said:
Texans are shopping him. Premier 3-4 Middle Linebacker. They are only asking for a fourth round pick for him. Could be a great addition to the 3-4 component of our defense and if worst comes to worst in terms of cap space, we could trade zach thomas for some picks to allow us to sign sharper. Any Takers?
One word answer....MONEY

It would cost us too much to trade or cut ZT and it would cost us too much to pay Sharper...
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
Wildbill3 said:
It seems the "typical" thinking around here is that Zach is too small to be a 3-4 linebacker (forget the fact that he is too small to even play MLB in the NFL) so getting a 3-4 linebacker would have to mean the end of zach right?
Got a point but if we got rid of Zach, who would play the other ILB?? Spragan?? Seau?? We'd be stretching again..so I would only like the Sharper deal if he was running with Zach....and it sucks that a lot of people do think Zach is too small because anyone who watches him for 5 seconds sees how dominant he is in coverage and his vision exceeds all sizes.

Holla people
 

Ducken

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Apr 30, 2002
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Location
Lower Delaware
HysterikiLL said:
A 4th for him is pretty cheap but I don't think we need him...seems that we've established our depth for the most part. If we had a second or at least another 3rd I'd like it but imagine us only having 2 first day picks eeewwwww!!

UMMMM we only have 2 day one picks now. 4th - 7th rds are day 2.

And back on topic I would love to see us get him for a 4th as long as we could keep his contract #s reasonable. I want to see this team become more balanced in terms of how much we spend on each side of the ball. I think we could make moves in other places to free up money other then trading Zack.
 

dirtyb163

Rookie
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
fear-the-d said:
no chance in hell! every year in zachs carrer he has lead the dolphins in tackles. this guy is loved by most miami fans. but, sharpers strong points are he is more of a hard hitter than zach. zach prefers to wrap up and tackle sharper prefers bigger hits. sharper is faster able to keep up with WRs for longer
he's the MLB he's suppose to lead the team in tackles !!!
 

dirtyb163

Rookie
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
fear-the-d said:
no chance in hell! every year in zachs carrer he has lead the dolphins in tackles. this guy is loved by most miami fans. but, sharpers strong points are he is more of a hard hitter than zach. zach prefers to wrap up and tackle sharper prefers bigger hits. sharper is faster able to keep up with WRs for longer
Zach was a hitter a long time ago do you realize that Zach has been here for 9yrs and has a lot of wear and tear on thats why he can't hit like in the past.
 
Top Bottom