Jamie Sharper | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamie Sharper

fear-the-d said:
Right on the spot! Zach is a corner stone in our defense, if he could just control his injury problems
Thats called AGE nothing you can do about that Ilove the guy too but you guys are taking it to a point that you would keep him even if he was useless!!!

Give it a rest about Zach...he MUST finish his career in Miami. Every year here a get rid of Zach thread is started but the football people in the NFL know how valuable he is. Zach is still a STUD.

Wildbill3 said:
You've got to realize that this is Saban's team, not Zach's, and if Saban thinks a player can come in here and help this team have a better chance of getting more w's, he is going to bring that guy in. Nick isn't worried about being popular with the fans or doing the popular thing, he is interested in doing the things that makes the dolphins a better team.

I like Zach, and I would hate to see him go, but 9 years is a long time to play MLB in this league. :cry:

thats a fair point and has got me thinking. methinks that we need to mix up our LBs styles. we have zach who wraps up the ball carrier, we neen a strongside LB who is strong in coverage and has enough pace to make WRs think about what will happen if he catches it, and a weakside LB who is strong, powerful hitter and can takeon blockers. if we get this type of mix then Miami wil Kill opponents on the run.

The same sort of thing applies with WRs.
1- speedster - to loose CBs and get big gains
2- Possesion player - a good reliable go to player
3- tall player- to use on 3rd and long sothe QB can throw high and it will be an easier Catch against small CBs

HysterikiLL said:
A 4th for him is pretty cheap but I don't think we need him...seems that we've established our depth for the most part. If we had a second or at least another 3rd I'd like it but imagine us only having 2 first day picks eeewwwww!!

This first day of the draft is rounds 1-3 so if we gave up a 4th for him we would have the same amount of 1st day picks.

zach is great and all but I wouldn't mind seeing them trade him while he has a lil left.. he is undersized and is missing more and more tackles every year plus he is easily beaten over the middle by passes to taller recivers/tight ends that go across the middle...he has great heart but I do think his time to leave is nearing

Sharper is better than Zach but we cannot afford him.

Saban was complaining about Zach being too small, i'd hate to see it happen but i wouldn't be suprised. Though i read somewhere Saban was going to stick with the 4-3 defense anyway? Taylor and Holliday at DE, and Carter-Bowens-Chester variating at DE i suppose. With Seau and ZT at the LB's along with i guess Eddie Moore if he's healthy. So i dont think we're going to need Sharper

Plus, Zach Thomas is better than Jamie Sharper in my opinion, and it's not like Sharper is tremendously younger. I think he's around 30, Zach is 31? So hopefully it won happen....

Why would we even think about getting rid of Zac for draft picks that would be dumb and for Jamie Sharper :roflmao:

i wouldnt mind getting sharper, but no trading Zach.

and why on earth would we trade down for alex barron? so we can add another mediocre left tackle? which will accumulate to 4

fear-the-d said:
thats a fair point and has got me thinking. methinks that we need to mix up our LBs styles. we have zach who wraps up the ball carrier, we neen a strongside LB who is strong in coverage and has enough pace to make WRs think about what will happen if he catches it, and a weakside LB who is strong, powerful hitter and can takeon blockers. if we get this type of mix then Miami wil Kill opponents on the run.

I think you have your lb's mixed up, the SAM should be the better run stopper and the WILL should be better in coverage.

it wouldn't be wise to give up a 4th round pick for a lateral move like that. the nfl doesn't really work like that, where you could replace your aging players in just two easy trades.

this is a move that the patriots could be looking into. since bruschi is a big question mark.

Barron is nothing like the 4 tackles we have now. The negatives on him are being way overblown. The guy is more talented than Gallery physically, and his only real problem is he hasn't learned to dominte in run blocking. He's Richmond Webb basically.

Back
Top Bottom