Jamie Sharper | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamie Sharper

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Texans are shopping him. Premier 3-4 Middle Linebacker. They are only asking for a fourth round pick for him. Could be a great addition to the 3-4 component of our defense and if worst comes to worst in terms of cap space, we could trade zach thomas for some picks to allow us to sign sharper. Any Takers?

Get rid of Zach? You ungrateful so and so!

Why not get rid of JT too!:shakeno: :fire: :yell:

no chance in hell! every year in zachs carrer he has lead the dolphins in tackles. this guy is loved by most miami fans. but, sharpers strong points are he is more of a hard hitter than zach. zach prefers to wrap up and tackle sharper prefers bigger hits. sharper is faster able to keep up with WRs for longer

chub said:
Get rid of Zach? You ungrateful so and so!

Why not get rid of JT too!:shakeno: :fire: :yell:

Right on the spot! Zach is a corner stone in our defense, if he could just control his injury problems

I dont think Zach will be around much longer, I know everyone will hate to see him go but he is getting close to the end of his run as a Dolphin imo.

giving away a 4th rounder would be ok for sharper, but unfortunately the 4th rounder does not pay his salary and i think he wants a lot, so i guess he is out of reach

A 4th for him is pretty cheap but I don't think we need him...seems that we've established our depth for the most part. If we had a second or at least another 3rd I'd like it but imagine us only having 2 first day picks eeewwwww!!

fear-the-d said:
no chance in hell! every year in zachs carrer he has lead the dolphins in tackles. this guy is loved by most miami fans. but, sharpers strong points are he is more of a hard hitter than zach. zach prefers to wrap up and tackle sharper prefers bigger hits. sharper is faster able to keep up with WRs for longer
You've got to realize that this is Saban's team, not Zach's, and if Saban thinks a player can come in here and help this team have a better chance of getting more w's, he is going to bring that guy in. Nick isn't worried about being popular with the fans or doing the popular thing, he is interested in doing the things that makes the dolphins a better team.

I like Zach, and I would hate to see him go, but 9 years is a long time to play MLB in this league. :cry:

How old is Sharper? And I thought the whole point would be to play him in the 3-4 WITH Zach???

HysterikiLL said:
How old is Sharper? And I thought the whole point would be to play him in the 3-4 WITH Zach???
It seems the "typical" thinking around here is that Zach is too small to be a 3-4 linebacker (forget the fact that he is too small to even play MLB in the NFL) so getting a 3-4 linebacker would have to mean the end of zach right?

dolfancoolio said:
Texans are shopping him. Premier 3-4 Middle Linebacker. They are only asking for a fourth round pick for him. Could be a great addition to the 3-4 component of our defense and if worst comes to worst in terms of cap space, we could trade zach thomas for some picks to allow us to sign sharper. Any Takers?

One word answer....MONEY

It would cost us too much to trade or cut ZT and it would cost us too much to pay Sharper...

Wildbill3 said:
It seems the "typical" thinking around here is that Zach is too small to be a 3-4 linebacker (forget the fact that he is too small to even play MLB in the NFL) so getting a 3-4 linebacker would have to mean the end of zach right?

Got a point but if we got rid of Zach, who would play the other ILB?? Spragan?? Seau?? We'd be stretching again..so I would only like the Sharper deal if he was running with Zach....and it sucks that a lot of people do think Zach is too small because anyone who watches him for 5 seconds sees how dominant he is in coverage and his vision exceeds all sizes.

Holla people

HysterikiLL said:
A 4th for him is pretty cheap but I don't think we need him...seems that we've established our depth for the most part. If we had a second or at least another 3rd I'd like it but imagine us only having 2 first day picks eeewwwww!!

UMMMM we only have 2 day one picks now. 4th - 7th rds are day 2.

And back on topic I would love to see us get him for a 4th as long as we could keep his contract #s reasonable. I want to see this team become more balanced in terms of how much we spend on each side of the ball. I think we could make moves in other places to free up money other then trading Zack.

fear-the-d said:
he's the MLB he's suppose to lead the team in tackles !!!

fear-the-d said:
Zach was a hitter a long time ago do you realize that Zach has been here for 9yrs and has a lot of wear and tear on thats why he can't hit like in the past.

Back
Top Bottom