Jamie Sharper? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamie Sharper?

When you cant understand what/why the Fins made a move,just remember:

In Saban We Must Trust!!

It's ridiculous, imo, to think that we should have waited to sign Spragen. Who knew that Sharper would be released? And, while money obviously factored into the Sharper release - it's curious to that the Texans signed Greenwood (very mediocre) and then released Sharper.

But, we just don't have the bucks right now to sign Sharper.

The $$$ we have from here on out needs to be used for Offense ( i.e. Alex Smith's signing bonus).

Da 'Fins said:
It's ridiculous, imo, to think that we should have waited to sign Spragen. Who knew that Sharper would be released? And, while money obviously factored into the Sharper release - it's curious to that the Texans signed Greenwood (very mediocre) and then released Sharper.

But, we just don't have the bucks right now to sign Sharper.
Supposedly Greenwood is going to play some MLB and they wanted to have a faster LB core. I guess speed > skill in this instance but its a bad move imo.

Seau played ILB til he got here, and i think he's made the switch fine. Sharper is more than athletic enough to be an OLB.

Nick13 said:
Seau played ILB til he got here, and i think he's made the switch fine. Sharper is more than athletic enough to be an OLB.
Plus he was solid there in baltimore. His biggest issue would be covering guys 1 on 1 cause hes not all that fast but i think he can still be a great asset.

It would be nice to see the Sharper brothers on the same team for once. That hasn't happened since high school if then.

still...the guy is a beast AND he's never missed a game due to injury

but, i agree...too expensive and definitely getting up there in age

I think Saban will go after Sharper if the oppertunity is there. Saban isn't building for 2020, he is building for his reign here, if he succeeds he gets to do it all over again. Sharper is only 30, he will be here as long as Saban (maybe longer?). Sharper, Thomas, and Seau is a sick set, add in Spragan or Moore and all of a sudden we have a strong 3-4 linebacker corps also. It would be foolish not to go after Sharper, as long as the price fits.

Nick13 said:
now that Jamie Sharper has been released, doesnt it seem we acted a little quickly in adding Spragan? i mean, i think Spragan will be a fine replacement for Greenwood, but i think we might have missed the boat on Sharper, if we have space, i'd like to see him added to the roster, he led Houston in tackles last year and would certainly take a lot of pressure off of ZT to be the leading tackler, and the best pass covering LB, and the defensive leader, and basically have to be everywhere at once, imagine starting Seau, Thomas and Sharper with Pope, Moore, and Spragan as the second string...

Probably most of the teams that signed a LB this year can say that...Really, we should wait until P. Manning is cut by the Colts in 2011 so that we can pick him up too ??? It's really like saying that JJ should not have made the trade the day before the draft and waited to see if Moss was going to be available...You can't base your moves on what MIGHT happen in the future...
Not a knock on your reasoning..I think he's a better LB than Spraghan too, but life and football don't work that way...

i think moore will start over spragen, but eventually seau will get injured and they will both be starting... i dont want sharper though we should draft another LB and our lb situation would be fine...

I think we are done signing major Free Agents. The rest of the cap room will be used to sign rookies and give us some breathing room in case something comes up.

Sharper was cut for cap reasons..period. It had nothing to do with Greenwood or his talent and where they wanted to go.

Sharper said he wants to play for people he has already worked with, right now the top 2 teams are Cincy and Jax. Other possibilities are Baltimore and Cleveland.

Jamie Sharper is not coming to Miami, he isn't even on the radar screen. Not happening/isn't going to happen/no use hypothesizing it.

Why do you want the LB that Greenwood replaced... this guy is history

Eric-Gofins said:
Why do you want the LB that Greenwood replaced... this guy is history
Are you one of those posters who doesn't read others posts and just can't wait to post their thoughts only.

I just explained the situation right before you....and then you went ahead and asked why we want someone "that was replaced by Greenwood". Sharper was NOT replaced by Greenwood. He was cut for salary cap reasons (over a $6million hit!)

Back
Top Bottom