Jamie Sharper? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamie Sharper?

Nick13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
now that Jamie Sharper has been released, doesnt it seem we acted a little quickly in adding Spragan? i mean, i think Spragan will be a fine replacement for Greenwood, but i think we might have missed the boat on Sharper, if we have space, i'd like to see him added to the roster, he led Houston in tackles last year and would certainly take a lot of pressure off of ZT to be the leading tackler, and the best pass covering LB, and the defensive leader, and basically have to be everywhere at once, imagine starting Seau, Thomas and Sharper with Pope, Moore, and Spragan as the second string...

I am a big Sharper fan but even if we had not signed Spragan, I am not sure if we could have afforded Sharper.

I am sure there are alot of teams out there who would want a great LB like Sharper (example- Cowboys, Vikings, Colts). And they will pay top dollar.

One thing that could allow for such a signing would be the surtain trade. By freeing up 8.3m in cap space that would likely put us somewhere between 9.5-10m in free room. Maybe we can design sharper's contract based on bonuses and the like at least for this year. We would then pick up a few extra dollars with the possible Zgonia trade.

Just throwin an idea out there :)

sharper and spragan don't compare... financially.

sharper would easily cost us triple the salary Spragan is going to earn.

i think that with the Surtain trade and possible Zgonina trade that bringin in Sharper could be possible, but i think we are going to wait until after the draft at this point to make any major moves, because i think that by sigining Sharper now, it would clue teams in that we wouldnt move down and take DJohnson, preventing us from moving down further and acquiring more picks.

there's not a chance we sign Sharper......he'll be very expensive and MANY teams are going to go after him, he's awesome!

Jamie Sharper is an ILB anyway and no one is going to take ZT's spot.

DonShula84 said:
He doesnt help us get younger, the guy is 30 and will be expensive, no thanks

How did kevin carter or vonnie holliday help us get younger.

Valbon8 said:
Jamie Sharper is an ILB anyway and no one is going to take ZT's spot.

He played OLB when he was in baltimore. the fact that he can play ILB would help us if we wanted to do some 3-4 defensive sets.

Saban wants to bring in younger guys. Besides he'd be wayy to expensive.

Wouldn't be shocked to see New England go after him in case Bruschi has to retire.

Back
Top Bottom