January 2000. Dan's last winning drive!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

January 2000. Dan's last winning drive!!!

Jees he was just so poised and stood tall in there. Best ever man! Unfortunately this video reminds me the next game is when the Jags completely destroyed us, send Marino out in painful humiliating way and I saw it live =<

He had such a presence in the pocket, perfect balance when he stepped back from center or shotgun, and that famous bullet arm. Marino was one of a kind!

Question: Luck is lighting it up in college, did Marino play as well as Luck during his college days?

That was Dan saying eff you to Jimmy J. You could tell Dan was calling his own plays and making his own audibles. JJ handcuffed Dan and tried to make us a running team. I still hate JJ. Dan had at least 2 more seasons left in the tank, but i think he retired mainly because of JJ's offense. There was a rumor that Dan was considering going to Minnesota to play one more year too, proving that he at least still wanted to play. JJ was the beginning of our downfall.

You know its kind of nice to know that I have that game on tape (as well as all the phins wins in the '90s).:D
and thanks for the nice memory of what it used to be like rooting for the phins!!!

thanks for the memory. man i miss dan, and gadsen for that matter. we need luck, he isnt marino but the closest we can get

Do you guys know why most Marino led offenses were successful? Because everyone around him were terrified of messing up and pissing him off. I used to love seeing my QB get all fired up out there. Man we havent seen that around here since....... well since Dan Marino.
Chubbs

He had such a presence in the pocket, perfect balance when he stepped back from center or shotgun, and that famous bullet arm. Marino was one of a kind!

Question: Luck is lighting it up in college, did Marino play as well as Luck during his college days?
Marino actually had a pretty average Senior year after having strong previous seasons and some think it's the reason why he fell to the bottom of the first round. Well, good for us then. :p

Not trying to brag or anything but I was at this game live, 16 year old version of me wearing my Marino jersey. Actually, I am bragging, lol.

Look at the 3rd and 17 play to start the drive. Look how he just hangs the ball down below his waist, and then fires it. With all of the mediocre-poor QB play we've had over the past 11 years, it almost seems like we never had Dan.

Do you guys know why most Marino led offenses were successful? Because everyone around him were terrified of messing up and pissing him off. I used to love seeing my QB get all fired up out there. Man we havent seen that around here since....... well since Dan Marino.
Chubbs

This is what we have been missing since Dan. No one has really commanded the huddle nor the team since him. I understand its difficult to follow a legend but its almost as if we haven't even tried. We need an alpha male QB who will become the face of the franchise and lead this team. I want an angry SOB who will keep his offense on their toes. I fell in love with the Dolphins because of Dan and how he played. Yes it was mainly his throwing but as a young kid surrounded by New Orleans Saints fans I felt compelled to follow this QB who was ripping his WR a new one for dropping a pass. I sooo miss those days.

Back
Top Bottom