Jarrad Davis won't compete in combine drills due to injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarrad Davis won't compete in combine drills due to injury

Geforce

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Davis will sit out due to an ankle injury that also sidelined him during the 2016 season. Davis missed four games last season, including the final three. He will attend the combine to meet with NFL teams and will do a full workout, including a 40-yard dash, at Florida's pro day, per Rapoport.

Two other top prospects will be sitting out of drills as well -- Ohio State's Malik Hooker (core muscle and hip surgeries) won't work out and Western Michigan's Corey Davis reportedly won't run at the event after undergoing ankle surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tw-cf-sf54818484-sf54818484&utm_source=Direct

See you in the 2nd round, kiddo.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Davis will sit out due to an ankle injury that also sidelined him during the 2016 season. Davis missed four games last season, including the final three. He will attend the combine to meet with NFL teams and will do a full workout, including a 40-yard dash, at Florida's pro day, per Rapoport.

Two other top prospects will be sitting out of drills as well -- Ohio State's Malik Hooker (core muscle and hip surgeries) won't work out and Western Michigan's Corey Davis reportedly won't run at the event after undergoing ankle surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tw-cf-sf54818484-sf54818484&utm_source=Direct

Probably moves him to the top of our board.

Watch Duke Riley rise. He's going to benefit off this news.

Got to really check him out. Sounds fishy that an ankle injury would keep him out.

As things stand now Jarrad David is my choice for us at #22, complete LB with position flexibility. Can play the run, can pass rush, plays strong, has some pop to his game, we'd do well imo to take him at #22 and he would sure help our depleted LB unit.

He probably falls a little but not too far hes a good talent

A long-bodied pass-rushing SOLB in the first and him in the second would be awesome.

A long-bodied pass-rushing SOLB in the first and him in the second would be awesome.
Davis wont last to our 2nd I'm pretty confident in that. but I'd take him in the 1st and JT Watt in the 2nd. theres your SOLB

As long as he's good to go for his pro day, I doubt it affects his draft stock much. I'd be happy with the pick.

As things stand now Jarrad David is my choice for us at #22, complete LB with position flexibility. Can play the run, can pass rush, plays strong, has some pop to his game, we'd do well imo to take him at #22 and he would sure help our depleted LB unit.

I like Davis a lot as well and figured he'd be a major target at #22. Got to really check out that ankle, though.

Got to really check him out. Sounds fishy that an ankle injury would keep him out.

Do people on this board not understand ankle injuries? When Maxwell was sitting out at the end of the season because of his ankle injury people said he was just being a wussy for not playing through it.

1. Movement is hampered severely when injuring an ankle. The ligaments are enflamed which means even basic movements cause pain

2. Stability is severely compromised. People who sprain their ankle and come back too soon are way more likely to sprain it again. It's an injury that if not treated right the first time, will cause problems for months and years

3. Cartilage can be damaged. Cartilage, the soft squishy stuff between bones that's main function is padding, cannot regrow. When sprains happen, cartilage is sometimes damaged and the joint never responds the same way again. It can cause minor side effects of clicking or popping, or major side effects like pain when planting on the foot or trying to land when jumping.

So why again does it sound fishy that an ankle injury would keep him out?

Back
Top Bottom