Jarvis Landry Earning High Praise After Rookie Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Earning High Praise After Rookie Year

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Perhaps the most buzzed about position in the entire 2015 NFL draft is the wide receiver. The class holds the potential to follow in the footsteps of 2014’s group of soon-to-be NFL stars. Players like Kevin White, Amari Cooper, and DeVante Parker all look to be top 15 talents come April 30, and may even be targets for the Miami Dolphins come Day 1 of the draft.

If the Dolphins decide to add one of those players, they’ll join one of the breakout players of the entire rookie class in 2014 in Miami’s former 2nd round selection, Jarvis Landry. Landry had a sensational rookie season, catching a Dolphins rookie-record 84 passes for 758 yards and five touchdowns. According to NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah, Landry is a player that resembles two former Pro Bowlers known for their toughness, physical way they play the wide receiver position, and all-around skill set.
“To me I see simlarities of two guys when I watch him, and it’s pretty high praise,” said Jeremiah. “You see the way Anquan Boldin has played with that toughness and that physicality. And then Hines Ward. I think those guys are just instinctive and tough, physical, strong hands, and I think he has all that. He might not have that elite blow the doors off speed, but his game speed is plenty fast enough so I think they have a nice building block there at wide receiver.”
Jeremiah recently put together a list of the best wideouts from last year’s draft class and this year’s on NFL.com, essentially making a big board of all of the receivers to select from. Landry was listed at number nine, ahead of one of this year’s most intriguing prospects in Dorial-Green Beckham, and praised him for his prowess and versatility at the wide receiver and on special teams.

“I didn’t think that was very controversial decision putting Jarvis Landry at #9, but I don’t think a lot of people around the country watched a lot of Dolphins football because I had a whole bunch of people saying ‘how could you have him over Jordan Matthews with the Eagles and I caught a bunch of grief over that,” said Jeremiah. “And I said ‘well I don’t think you watched Jarvis Landry play.’ He is a really, really good football player. He’s got really strong hands, he’s physical, and he did a nice job in the return game last year. But I think he’s going to continue to get better and better.”

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2015/landry-earning-high-praise-after-rookie-year

Love him, got his autograph, awesome attitude....but an awesome #2 guy! We need the other bookend!

So... Who did he put in front of him...?

landry is the man and excited to see him build into a top slot receiver in the league

I think most of those guys may finish the year with better stats or numbers than Jarvis, but I think Jarvis will be rare in the sense of consistency. He'll bring it every game, where as most WRs don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom