Jarvis Landry “happy” to face Miami Dolphins; Browns coach says he doesn’t cause problems | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry “happy” to face Miami Dolphins; Browns coach says he doesn’t cause problems

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE — Jarvis Landry concedes facing the Dolphins will be emotional.

Landry, a receiver for the Browns for the past two seasons, will face his former squad on Sunday in Ohio. And he’s always been a passionate, temperamental, hot-blooded soul.

“It’s definitely an emotional period for me, just knowing that was the place I was drafted at, a lot of history,” Landry said, in comments that appeared in the Akron Beacon Journal. “A lot of the things I did career-wise started there. It’s going to be good to see a couple guys that I still have contact with and play against them.”

Landry was not made available to South Florida reporters by the Browns this week, despite a conference call request. Landry had some hard feelings after his departure.

He’s still immature. He almost cost his team the game last week w the taunting penalty on his TD that causes the 47 yard PAT try to miss. At the end they were down 4 instead of 3 and needed a TD in the final moments. They got it and got lucky but that kind of behavior would have no place in this fins regime. I loved him when he was here but don’t miss him if that makes any sense.

He’s still immature. He almost cost his team the game last week w the taunting penalty on his TD that causes the 47 yard PAT try to miss. At the end they were down 4 instead of 3 and needed a TD in the final moments. They got it and got lucky but that kind of behavior would have no place in this fins regime. I loved him when he was here but don’t miss him if that makes any sense.
You beat me to it. I watched that game. Still loves himself. I remember a game with Miami where we were getting hammered and he caught a first down ball and got up and made the big first down point. The nearby DB had some words for him and I can only imagine the word “scoreboard” was one of them.

Landry is a great player especially out of the slot. His ego cost him big time by not staying in Miami. Tannehill forcing him the ball was making him a consistent Pro Bowler. He will never see that level of production in Cleveland but it was clear money was the main goal of his so I’m sure he is happy with the Browns.

Whatever...The great Browns with ODB and Landry and Mayfield and Chubbs have almost the same record as the Dolphins.
If that doesn't tell you the value of coaching then I don't know what better exhibit exist.

Played with more fire and passion than anyone on the team then and anyone on the team now.

Said fire was misguided at times but if he didn’t energize you with his let’s go attitude after a catch, you’re missing a pulse.

Wish his ego hadn’t gotten larger than his worth.

He would have been better off staying (from a statistical standpoint). Focal point of the offense, setting catch records.

He wouldn't be the first to overvalue themself, or go for a bit more money to the overall detriment of their career. The grass is usually not greener. And he won't be the last.

If he had the fire but not the immaturity and ego, he could have been a part of what we're trying to build.

He would have been better off staying (from a statistical standpoint). Focal point of the offense, setting catch records.

He wouldn't be the first to overvalue themself, or go for a bit more money to the overall detriment of their career. The grass is usually not greener. And he won't be the last.

If he had the fire but not the immaturity and ego, he could have been a part of what we're trying to build.

He truly would have shined in the slot with Parker and Williams on the boundary.

Landry is a great player especially out of the slot. His ego cost him big time by not staying in Miami. Tannehill forcing him the ball was making him a consistent Pro Bowler. He will never see that level of production in Cleveland but it was clear money was the main goal of his so I’m sure he is happy with the Browns.
Exactly. I never saw him as a the "trouble maker" some portray him to be. He did some dumb things at times, but it was out of emotion, and a fiery competitive spirit.

That being said, he was not worth what he ended up getting paid, so it is what it is.

Statistically, his bank account was the winner.

Careers are short. I can't really blame any player for taking the payday. Most only get one bite of the apple.

Back
Top Bottom