Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams?

...so much nonsense IMO rooted in this ever more stupid binary mentality...

Jarvis was a *star* player for us.

That's a FACT.

IMO.

The "debate" (in terms of this forum) is all about $munny$ and

ya know every dollar in your pocket is (in litereal terms) worthless.

Yea. See the GOLD standard.

And Jarvis was our Gold Standard for a number of years. And he still hasn't been replaced.

Whatever. Move on. Focus on Preston. He'll be looking for HUGE $$$ in a few...

LOL

Loved Landry when he was here because he made the game exciting. Sadly, he was one of the only playmakers on the team and he knew that, which led to some drama. Preston Williams seems to be a guy who has had some life problems who is just trying to get a 2nd chance. He's a playmaker, but a quiet one (haven't heard a complaint out of the guy), one we can build a team around. So my answer, hands down, is Williams.

Landry with out a doubt. I’m extremely high on Preston Williams and so excited to see him play for the dolphins. But Jarvis Landry was a professional, he put in countless hours and effort to perfect his craft, and definitely was an alpha dog type player. Preston Williams still needs to prove he can be a professional, he went undrafted because of off field issues which I hope don’t resurface, but still needs to prove he can stay out of trouble, and consistently improve and plays against top tier NFL players. But I do think Preston Williams has much more potential if both were to maximize their talent/skill sets.

I think people forget that the reason why talented players like Williams don't get drafted is not because of what they are capable of on the field, it's that their history indicates they may have a hard time staying available due to things off the field. Williams showed his talent, but he has to show a lot more, and that will have to be over a sustained period.

I’m confused as to how there is even a comparison between the two of them after seeing Williams in just one preseason game.

Correct!!

ThEY are to different players. Williams has not shown against top teirr players.

WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS CONVO!?!?

BECAUSE IT'S PRESEASON AND RT IS GONE!!!!!

How could anyone make a decision based on 1 preseason game vs a 4 year body of work? Now if PW plays like that every game it’s a no brainer he would be an alpha game changing premier WR in the league and it would be a no brainer but that’s a big if. I’ve got high hopes for PW because we haven’t had a WR like this since Irving Fryar and he would make his QB shine. Great receivers give QB’s confidence, rarely do you see a top level QB without an elite #1. PW may deliver the promise DVP brought draft day 4 years ago.

Question should be Williams or Parker. Comparing to Landry is like comparing Julian Edelman to Harold Carmichael.

I was never a very huge Landry fan, so it didnt bother me in the slightest when he was gone. I'm all aboard the William's hype train, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch with him either. Landry had inflated stats due to the stupid offense we ran where we threw him a ridiculous amount of passes all within 1-10 yards of the LOS. It is awfully hard to get over 100 catches and still have under 1,000 yards.

Back
Top Bottom