Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams?

F298B4CA-7FE5-4AE9-8DB9-F33492F40E26.png

For those still adamant about Landry, I feel this chart perfectly explains him.

Yes, he gives 100% effort and I’m not saying he sucks, but look at his targets last year. You will see the first 8 games he had tons, probably had “ numbers” lol, they were 2-5-1.

Next 8, they were 5-3 and he had maybe half of the targets? He is NOT A DIFFERENCE MAKER. It’s fine he left to get paid, it would have been crazy for us to give him that.

I wouldn't have paid Landry that money either BUTTTT, I would have had a plan in place of how that money is to be used. You don't pay Landry, you don't pay for an o-line, you don't pay for d-line, you draft wrong...then at the end of the day hang your hat on the fact that you didn't pay Landry...the only player on offense with a football pulse.

They paid Stills instead, another mistake.

Holy cow, I hope you're not this premature with your wife OP....

Actually, my wife would take my prematurity rather than a long, drawn out overtime loss, so.....

I simply asked the forum who'd they rather have at WR. I didn't say it would be an easy pill to swallow.

And kindly, sir, if you are going to bring my wife into this conversation, you should probably ask yourself one question:

What's the difference between being premature and a false start?

My wife says she doesn't care. Sometimes the hurry-up scores more points.

Too early to say, but isn't it nice to even be thinking that? When was the last time Miami had a wide receiver with the type of talent Williams has? Maybe we could revisit this post halfway through the season. Let's see what Williams does when the games count.

I'm excited about Williams, but I think we should wait and see him play against starters in a real game before we have these conversations. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but my guess is that he's not going to have as big as an impact as most of these posters are expecting, at least not for a couple of years. I hope I'm wrong though! That being said, I'd still take him over Landry right now based on potential, and even though he's had some off the field problems, I like his demeanor more than Landry's.

The real question should be Parker or Williams.

I recently read an article where there is speculation Jarvis isn't happy about not getting the ball as often with OBJ on the team.

His ego is in for a VERY rough year.

Mayfield basically FLEW down the field on his one drive with the other WRs not named OBJ and Landry against the Eagles.

They were in hurry up the whole drive it seemed.

There was absolutely NO drop off.

Landry lucked out BIG TIME just in getting that contract.

He is making some serious money.

I will be catching all the Browns games this season. Mayfield is impressive.

Yeah, a guy whose best season was 58 catches, never had more than 847 yards is worth 8 million a year. You're crazy. I've pretty much been on the stills is overrated garbage train since day 1.
Had 63 catches for 937 yards with the Saints. If you're going to bitch about a player and call him overrated garbage, at least get your numbers right.

Let's look at this way. Williams is light years ahead of Landry at the same point in both their careers. Williams moves like a giant Jerry Rice, yes I said it. Very Very FLUID route runner, extremely quick hips and shoulders. Insane ability to adjust to the throw, amazing field awareness and instincts. Now that being said , let's hope he keeps his head on straight and stays healthy.

Back
Top Bottom