Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams?

Williams looks better than Landry when he - JL - did during camp as a rook. The sky is the limit for Williams, if he remains healthy that is.

I think people forget that the reason why talented players like Williams don't get drafted is not because of what they are capable of on the field, it's that their history indicates they may have a hard time staying available due to things off the field. Williams showed his talent, but he has to show a lot more, and that will have to be over a sustained period.

The way I view the fanbase, Williams can be 1st team All Pro and have 75% of the fanbase hate his guts if he:
  1. Asks for a raise.
  2. Speaks on social issue.
As long as he doesn't do that, the fanbase will name their children after him.

Last edited:
Landry played 4 seasons at full speed and at a and high level and you never heard a peep about money or holding out unless some reporter brought it up. Meanwhile Zeke sitting up here with 2 years left on a rookie deal threatening to sit out the season.

Let's get Williams through his first preseason. I think he is an immense talent but y'all be hot taking like a mother****** sometimes.

I do agree at this stage of the team building, you take a UDFA at any position that shows potential over a vested veteran making 8 figures. . . But pump your brakes on Williams being better than Landry.

Here for everyone who will say Preston based off the preseason game against the 2nd team.

Landry sucked. For every good play he followed it with a negative one that hurt the team. He was selfish and undisciplined. Every amazing catch Williams made he calmly handed the ball to the officials and then did it again.

Landry sucked. For every good play he followed it with a negative one that hurt the team. He was selfish and undisciplined. Every amazing catch Williams made he calmly handed the ball to the officials and then did it again.
:ponder:"sucked" would probably not be in my description of Landry.

for the price tag theres no situation id ever want landry on my team.

So wierd. Landry played for 4 years for us at pure dirt money relative to his production level and max effort every snap wants to get paid and does as a top free agent option and tbe market dictates and people hate him for it.

Just wierd

Penalties, limited route tree, physical limitations that define his skill set (speed)...He was a better version of Devon Bess or maybe an extremely broke mans Anquan Boldin in his twilight.

He wanted WR1 money. On this team, with 3-4 major holes on the offensive line, nothing at QB to speak of and frequent first round busts like Parker, Charles Harris and so on, winning teams don't spend money on a guy like Landry.

Penalties, limited route tree, physical limitations that define his skill set (speed)...He was a better version of Devon Bess or maybe an extremely broke mans Anquan Boldin in his twilight.

He wanted WR1 money. On this team, with 3-4 major holes on the offensive line, nothing at QB to speak of and frequent first round busts like Parker, Charles Harris and so on, winning teams don't spend money on a guy like Landry.

I wouldn't have paid Landry that money either BUTTTT, I would have had a plan in place of how that money is to be used. You don't pay Landry, you don't pay for an o-line, you don't pay for d-line, you draft wrong...then at the end of the day hang your hat on the fact that you didn't pay Landry...the only player on offense with a football pulse.

The vitriol for Landry on this site amazes me sometimes. I know he wasn’t perfect, but he was the heart of the offense and played every snap 100%. Williams hasn’t even played in a real game vs starters yet. Talk to me after he has at least a handful of standout games, or better yet, a season or two of them. Until then, he is the second most overhyped player on this team behind Josh Rosen.

Regardless of Williams, I wouldnt want Landry at that salary on this team. If Im paying for a WR, I want TDs... Landry was very good at what he does, but I dont think its wise to allocate a big % of your cap for that type of production...

How could anyone make a decision based on 1 preseason game vs a 4 year body of work? Now if PW plays like that every game it’s a no brainer he would be an alpha game changing premier WR in the league and it would be a no brainer but that’s a big if. I’ve got high hopes for PW because we haven’t had a WR like this since Irving Fryar and he would make his QB shine. Great receivers give QB’s confidence, rarely do you see a top level QB without an elite #1. PW may deliver the promise DVP brought draft day 4 years ago.
this is so true, though sometimes it’s hard to tell if the QB makes some of those WRs great or vice versa.

I was never a very huge Landry fan, so it didnt bother me in the slightest when he was gone. I'm all aboard the William's hype train, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch with him either. Landry had inflated stats due to the stupid offense we ran where we threw him a ridiculous amount of passes all within 1-10 yards of the LOS. It is awfully hard to get over 100 catches and still have under 1,000 yards.
I liked Landry and defended him when he was here. That said, the 100 catch <1000 yards is like when JJ was so determined
Marino have a 1000 yard rusher we handed off to Karim Abdul Jabbar like 648 times for 1100 yards. LoL.

Back
Top Bottom