Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Or Preston Williams?

I might be in the minority here but it's Landry all day long until Williams produces regularly during the regular season. People are literally diminishing what one of the most active receivers in the NFL has done consistently in favor of a UDFA who has played one preseason game. I'm as excited about Williams as anyone, but come on.

I don't have a response to the question because it's way too premature. Williams hasn't even suited up for a regular season game get.

However, I must say.... the disrespect for Jarvis Landry on this site is disgusting. He's one of the best receivers this franchise has had in a long time -- he was simply unwilling to be one of Gase's puppets, and I guess that worked out for him. He's on a significantly better team in a significantly better situation. For once in his career he actually has a legit QB throwing him the football instead of the **** QBs he had to work with here.

I don't have a response to the question because it's way too premature. Williams hasn't even suited up for a regular season game get.

However, I must say.... the disrespect for Jarvis Landry on this site is disgusting. He's one of the best receivers this franchise has had in a long time -- he was simply unwilling to be one of Gase's puppets, and I guess that worked out for him. He's on a significantly better team in a significantly better situation. For once in his career he actually has a legit QB throwing him the football instead of the **** QBs he had to work with here.

It's because Landry is gone and Williams is the new flavor of the week.

I disrespect Jarvis Landry because of his me-first attitude. I got tired of his first down signal, why don’t you just go back to the huddle, kid? For every great play he made he committed a stupid penalty. He’s just no team player. Would I love to have Landry, the player, on the team? Sure. But not for the headcase he is.

WIth the potential of Williams, and what we've already seen...

With Landry and his past success in Miami...

Who would you choose to have on this team if you could only choose one and why?
Pretty simple one guy has actually proved himself in the NFL, and the odds against Williams having Landry's career is quite minuscule.

I like williams but its a ridiculous choice and there is only one actual answer at this point, Williams probably will not start much less anything else. I like what I see so far though

Pretty simple one guy has actually proved himself in the NFL, and the odds against Williams having Landry's career is quite minuscule.

I like williams but its a ridiculous choice and there is only one actual answer at this point, Williams probably will not start much less anything else. I like what I see so far though

Maybe just me but I find this answer a tad incoherent.

I think you're trying to say Williams will NOT have the kind of production as Landry -- and Williams
won't be on the field (much less anything else)?

I'll say this regarding Preston, I've already seen him make a number of impact plays
Landry could only dream of making. Does that make Williams a superior PRO right out
of the gate??? Of course not.

But the dude has shown he's a definite down the field threat, and has a vastly "bigger"
game than Landry. Personally I'd welcome them BOTH on my yammie as long as
Jarvis can get with the TEAM program. That I kinda doubt...

Maybe just me but I find this answer a tad incoherent.

I think you're trying to say Williams will NOT have the kind of production as Landry -- and Williams
won't be on the field (much less anything else)?

I'll say this regarding Preston, I've already seen him make a number of impact plays
Landry could only dream of making. Does that make Williams a superior PRO right out
of the gate??? Of course not.

But the dude has shown he's a definite down the field threat, and has a vastly "bigger"
game than Landry. Personally I'd welcome them BOTH on my yammie as long as
Jarvis can get with the TEAM program. That I kinda doubt...

That's what Google voice does for you or maybe it's just the way I said it.

I'm saying right now there's only one choice. Williams will probably not even start this year I hope he does to be truthful.

Impact plays in preseason game 1 mean Jack squat as far as how good a player is
Or how big their game is. Preseason history is loaded with these type of players. I like Preston Williams though and I think he has a lot of potential but let's not get overboard. He has zero catches in the NFL zero NFL starts in a real game and so far is behind at least 3 fairly mediocre receivers

That's what Google voice does for you or maybe it's just the way I said it.

I'm saying right now there's only one choice. Williams will probably not even start this year I hope he does to be truthful.

Impact plays in preseason game 1 mean Jack squat as far as how good a player is
Or how big their game is. Preseason history is loaded with these type of players. I like Preston Williams though and I think he has a lot of potential but let's not get overboard. He has zero catches in the NFL zero NFL starts in a real game and so far is behind at least 3 fairly mediocre receivers

As I've said before -- fair enough. Appreciate your elucidation. Older dudes like me lose
comprehension as the neurons tend to rot!

No disagreement in what you're saying at the core -- however I think the kid starts this season.
And I think it happens sooner than later. In fact I would NOT be shocked if he started the opener.

I've checked everything there is about this kid, and watched every video and snippet I could find.
I'm totally convinced he's the REAL DEAL. And he's even better than the most optimistic of us
believe at this time.

That, or I need to cut back on my vitamin C intake!

Yea. I am incredibly BULLISH on this kid.

As I've said before -- fair enough. Appreciate your elucidation. Older dudes like me lose
comprehension as the neurons tend to rot!

No disagreement in what you're saying at the core -- however I think the kid starts this season.
And I think it happens sooner than later. In fact I would NOT be shocked if he started the opener.

I've checked everything there is about this kid, and watched every video and snippet I could find.
I'm totally convinced he's the REAL DEAL. And he's even better than the most optimistic of us
believe at this time.

That, or I need to cut back on my vitamin C intake!

Yea. I am incredibly BULLISH on this kid.

although I doubt he turns out to be a better player than Jarvis Landry I hope you're right about him being very good for the dolphins.

I recently read an article where there is speculation Jarvis isn't happy about not getting the ball as often with OBJ on the team.

Back
Top Bottom